• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite young Cubans?

I tend to smoke mostly larger guage cigars and they need more age on them to really be "on" and good. I am surprised at the number of people who smoke and really enjoy young cigars. I hear that people like the "bite" or "buzz" from them and have found that, while people's tastes vary and differ, often some tend to collapse "strength" or "full bodied" with buzz, bite, etc.

Regardless, my tastes are different and I have always been one to strongly say "smoke them when you like them". The only smokes I will even touch young are Trini's and Cohiba's, and that's not regularly either. The Cohiba's will hit their sick period and get put away. The Trini's I will smoke to see how they are developing.

Eric

In general smaller ring gauged cigars like the petite corona or tres petite( trini reyes) will be more approachable when young.Cigars with a 46 ring gauge and above will not be good to smoke young.These thicker cigars need a lot more time for the filler, binder and wrapper to marry.

An interesting point Master. I tend to like just about any Cuban cigar young but that's just my preference.

My advice would be to take The Master's advice over mine :p

RASS, PSD 4, H Upmann Conn #1, Partagas Short, Mag 46, and this doesnt even begin my list so I will just say it. Any young Cuban cigar hits the spot for me. :thumbs: I like older cigars as well.

Why don't you just say it :whistling: - you love all cigars,
anywhere, anytime :laugh:

Yes you caught me. My theory is this...If you dont smoke them young, then you will have no idea how they will develop over the years. Naturally, my cigars never make it that long. Well, maybe now that I have a locker at the B&M 83 miles away. They now have some extra time before I will get to smoke them.

I cant say that I've had a really bad young cigar and the only one was the RASS I had. You could tell it was sick but it just traveled overseas and I smoked it the same day they arrived. it didnt last long and it was a beautiful stick to smoke with no regrets. Love to get my hands on a CoRo and see how it smokes young. :love:

VR Farmies - just delicious but getting tougher and tougher to get....