• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favourite Morning ISOM Smoke

ERDM demi-tasse is one of my favs now, thanks to Roy R Frush for introducing them to me....a demi-tasee imho is a great morning eye opener as they have lots of flavor but not an overpowering amountof smoke or length.

A mature Boli PC

X2 on the Boli PC. Great smoke in my opinion. I've also been enjoying Montecristo's Petit Edmundo in the AM. This is a great little cigar that can be smoked in around an hour. Great for the AM meditation or the evening wind down.

My .02 cents...

mac

Can we stop typing "ISOM"? It's so juvenile. Just say "Cuban", it's only one more letter!

Sorry, it's a pet peeve.

Mine for AM is the Trinidad Reyes. Seems to balance quite nicely with a cup or two of coffee.

Lol.........I always think the same thing!

Trinidad Reyes are nice, as are CM5 Secretos with some coffee. I usually try to not smoke in the mornings b/c my taste buds are usually fried w/ brushing, mouthwash, breakfast, coffee.

A mature Boli PC

X2 on the Boli PC. Great smoke in my opinion. I've also been enjoying Montecristo's Petit Edmundo in the AM. This is a great little cigar that can be smoked in around an hour. Great for the AM meditation or the evening wind down.

My .02 cents...

mac
Is that a just for today meditation? ???

Can we stop typing "ISOM"? It's so juvenile. Just say "Cuban", it's only one more letter!

Sorry, it's a pet peeve.

Mine for AM is the Trinidad Reyes. Seems to balance quite nicely with a cup or two of coffee.

Actually we can, however it is a really really really bad idea and somewhat defeats the purpose of the "rules" so to speak. Thew whole point of "ISOM" and other euphamisms should be painfully apparent to you by now.....and are for all of our protection(s).

Anyone else? Or am I just way off base???

Actually we can, however it is a really really really bad idea and somewhat defeats the purpose of the "rules" so to speak. Thew whole point of "ISOM" and other euphamisms should be painfully apparent to you by now.....and are for all of our protection(s).

You're Right On Target.

Can we stop typing "ISOM"? It's so juvenile. Just say "Cuban"
Sorry, it's a pet peeve.

Vince,

I gotta say I'm not with you on this one. Calling a Cuban cigar a "Cuban cigar" is not in contravention of any of the explicit or implied rules of CigarPass as far as I can tell. Neither is conversing about Cuban cigars. Anything related to "sources," however, is forbidden.

I tend to feel the same as Fly and Mike on this one. Calling these things "Cubans," "Habanos," or "Havanas" is true to the tradition of this hobby and I think models a certain adult frankness. This is one aspect where I feel the "nudge-nudge, wink-wink" is gratuitous, superfluous, and far from mellifluous.

Wilkey

My favorite morning smoke to date would be the Boli No. 2 Tubos. I've also enjoyed the Sancho Panza Molinos, however that's with a pot of coffee, not a cup.

A mature Boli PC

My .02 cents...

mac

X2 on the Petit Edmundo. These are tasty little devils. :thumbs:

Sorry, it's a pet peeve.

I appreciate the comment but respectfully ....way off base. (smiley face to indicate that while I disagree with you I still like you, or whatever it means...)

Too me ISOM is the same as ROTFLMAO and all of the other cutesy internet / texter nation ways of typing something without actually typing it. The whole point IS painfully apparent to me. These internet acronyms ( LOL, LMAO, WOAM, DCM, etc) are in existance for the sole purpose of saving time in typing. There is no other real reason. As for ISOM, it saves one stinking letter. We are adults and we all know what we are talking about. We are talking about a Cuban cigar, let's just say so. We aren't talking about how to get them. We're talking about how they taste. To say they are what they are violates no rules or prohibitions that I am aware of.

Harris (the Master), buddy, where are you? You successfully got the use of this silly acronym irradicated (sp?) from Cigar Family. Help me out here.

Oh and on topic, I also LOVE the Petite Edmundos.....

With all due respect, while I dislike the acronym, I'm not in favor of a putsch to eradicate it from the vernacular. I am in favor of a little gentle persuasion through education and discussion. This is CigarPass, not CigarFamily.

It seems to me that you're getting all exercised because you don't fully understand the socio-linguistic foundations of the origins of vernacular and idiom. Not that you need to, really. These acronyms, emerged initially in the service of making the typed communication of the early internet more compact. This much is true. However, once in place, the usage of those terms, which have become "words" in their own right, is now independent of that original purpose. This is true not just for internet idiom but across many dimensions of a living language. How about FUBAR, SOL, PIA, etc?

IMO (hey, there's another one of those lazy shortcuts interwebbers use), it's as silly to get all bunched up about the use of "ISOM" as it is to keep on using the term even after one has been presented with cogent reasons to stop using it.

Wilkey

Let's assume you're sitting with a morning Americano at a resort in Cuba, that had a cigar shop with decent stock, what would be your choice for a smoke?

LG Chisel Puro, hands down.