• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FDA banes sales of flavored cigarettes

I like the taste of tobacco. Unfortunately, my local shop has pulled all kreteks off their shelves and I like those, too.

Uh oh, looks like I'll have to snag up all the Acid Collector Tin Samplers before they get the boot. :laugh:

Nick

Clove cigarettes are now Illegal in CT. Is that the same everywhere?

Regardless of whether or not we like the flavor of these things it certainly is a travesty that we no longer have the choice to smoke them...

No politics allowed or I could say a thing or two about what this means for us all. Cigars are on the radar have no doubt.

I heard about this a little while back, it's obviously another easy-pass piece of legislation making it look like washington cares about kids. What I find massively entertaining is that Djarum has already worked around it and is still selling product. If you go to any store that sold them formerly, they're now "clove cigarillos", they made them longer and wider to move them out of the cigarette category.

I found it quite easy to get addicted to Camel straights when I was a 14 yr old. What was good enough for me ought to be good enough for today's kids. :laugh:

Doc.

I wonder when they will start banning the sweet flavored liquors like the peach, apple, cherry schnapps, Southern Comfort, Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill and other very sweet alcoholic beverages since they obviously appeal to teenage drinkers?

When is this nonsense going to stop? :angry:

While I don't get the appeal of these products, this is just one more step towards making any/all tobacco products illegal. What's next?

I may not like flavored cigars....

....but when you give 'em an inch, just guess what the new tobacco-controlling FDA is going to take? :angry:

Furthermore, the FDA regulating tobacco was a ridiculous idea from the start. Seems I remember there being a pre-existing federal body that already regulated it (along with alcohol and firearms...two of my other favorite things!).

I have a problem with this, because it is merely a stepping stone. Lawmakers do this all the time, they try to pass a law that attacks just a portion of what it is they would like to get rid of altogether. Once that law is passed, they can use it as a base for an outright ban. A perfect example is the government here in California trying to pass legislature that would ban the sale of guns at the Cow Palace, the largest gun show location here. It's just a way for them to slowly ban gun shows outright.

I find it difficult to believe Acid cigars would be targeted. The article says they may go after flavored cigarillos and small cigars. To me, that means Black & Mild, Tatiana, etc.

I find it difficult to believe Acid cigars would be targeted. The article says they may go after flavored cigarillos and small cigars. To me, that means Black & Mild, Tatiana, etc.

It's a catch-all.

Cracks me up that the some of the same bleeding hearts who want tobacco outlawed also extoll the virtues of medical marijuana! :laugh:

If someday they ever want to ban tobacco, good luck. Prohibition worked sooooo well for alcohol, right? And making hard drugs illegal has just irradicated their consumption, right? :sign:

“The F.D.A. demonstrated that they’re serious about enforcing the ban on flavored cigarettes and serious about preventing tobacco companies from circumventing that ban with other tobacco products that appeal to children,” Mr. Myers said.

I didnt know being 18 is being a child?

David

They banned clove cigarettes, but they left Menthol cigs on the market....go figure. Don't they put fiberglass in the filters? Seems to me that these should have been banned FIRST, if they're going after flavored stuff.

Don't they put fiberglass in the filters?

Yeah, and that's just the filter (they use a little fiberglass in every filter), imagine the rest of the cig. Sigh.... every time we take a step forward, it's two steps back...

Yeah, I see this as a stepping stone for the lawmakers... Not looking good at all!

If you want to read some articles about what is going on with this issue, go to google news and type in cigars.
I was gonna post a link to them all but I dont want all you fuggers having my email log in.
The top article and the following sub articles deal with what is going on.
We removed Cloves and flavored cigarettes from our shelves, we ordered the "Legal" Cigars from Kretek'
and were faxed a letter yesterday saying that they should not be sold until the FDA rules on the new format.

I have many strong opinions on this matter, so strong i dare not express them here......