• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Few boxes available of The Face (10 ct boxes)

Isy, is this considered the 'second' relesae? Where these rolled at the same time and just boxed plain?

That's correct. Some were boxed in the so called "dress" boxes, even though there's nothing "dress" about them. The rest were put in these plain boxes. To my knowledge, they were all rolled together.

For those still looking, I'm expecting more....just don't know when. I don't want to promise any, simply b/c they're not here. Once they arrive, I'll reach out to those who missed out.

So, would this be a 'second release' or should we actually call the initial release a 'special box release'?

To me, second release is just that...a new crop.rolling.

Can we find out anything from Tat?

These were all rolled at the same time, therefore they are all from the same batch. He spoke of this on another forum. What he did was produce the 666 'dress' boxes of 13 for those that wanted to continue to collect them. He then packed the rest of them in 10 ct regular boxes for those that were more interested in the cigar than the collectors box. The 'dress' boxes were to be released on the 13th and the others were to be released by Halloween.

I wonder is he had the 666 smokes 'picked'! As was done with the Jars.

That makes the difference.

Isy, is this considered the 'second' relesae? Where these rolled at the same time and just boxed plain?

That's correct. Some were boxed in the so called "dress" boxes, even though there's nothing "dress" about them. The rest were put in these plain boxes. To my knowledge, they were all rolled together.

For those still looking, I'm expecting more....just don't know when. I don't want to promise any, simply b/c they're not here. Once they arrive, I'll reach out to those who missed out.

So, would this be a 'second release' or should we actually call the initial release a 'special box release'?

To me, second release is just that...a new crop.rolling.

Can we find out anything from Tat?

These were all rolled at the same time, therefore they are all from the same batch. He spoke of this on another forum. What he did was produce the 666 'dress' boxes of 13 for those that wanted to continue to collect them. He then packed the rest of them in 10 ct regular boxes for those that were more interested in the cigar than the collectors box. The 'dress' boxes were to be released on the 13th and the others were to be released by Halloween.

I wonder is he had the 666 smokes 'picked'! As was done with the Jars.

That makes the difference.

I didn't notice a difference in the cigars I saw in each type of box, but I didn't inspect them that close either.

I didn't notice a difference in the cigars I saw in each type of box, but I didn't inspect them that close either.

Do you mean the new smokes or the jars?

I noticed a difference with when the jars were out.

Same here, I have 2 boxes of each and do not notice any difference. I am sure his QI department sorts them out by shade of wrappers, but that's it. I noticed the same with the first batch of T110's. I purchased two boxes and there were different shades of wrappers on both, though I am sure they were rolled at the same time.

Same here, I have 2 boxes of each and do not notice any difference. I am sure his QI department sorts them out by shade of wrappers, but that's it. I noticed the same with the first batch of T110's. I purchased two boxes and there were different shades of wrappers on both, though I am sure they were rolled at the same time.

That's cool.

If I recall one thing about the Jar release...he had the darkest oily wrappers for the jars...and then the bundles got the rest.

2 boxes of each!! Interested in selling one of the dress boxes? (just the box?) If so, I am in!

That's cool.

If I recall one thing about the Jar release...he had the darkest oily wrappers for the jars...and then the bundles got the rest.

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if these came back as some sort of other release...

Seems like they're all the same to me (from what I've read; haven't smoked these). No need to over complicate.

Seems like they're all the same to me (from what I've read; haven't smoked these). No need to over complicate.

For $13 a pop...I want to know what I'm getting.

It's not a matter of over complicating, it's more a matter of knowing what we are buying...or what I'm buying. Especially when Pete has some history with these releases.

Ironically enough...I have a box of the 10cnt cello wrapped sticks...but have to get rid of it (buyer alreayd on board). :(

Here is an interview I found where Pete discusses the release (few minutes in). Says some smokes were "held back" for release in plain boxes for enthusiasts who just want the smoke and not the fancy packaging.

I know it's not a straight yes or no answer, but the only way your getting that is by hoping Pete answers an email or finds this thread.

Here is an interview I found where Pete discusses the release (few minutes in). Says some smokes were "held back" for release in plain boxes for enthusiasts who just want the smoke and not the fancy packaging.

I know it's not a straight yes or no answer, but the only way your getting that is by hoping Pete answers an email or finds this thread.

Yea...I'm noit sure Pete comes around here anymore!

:0

I have smoked sticks from the dress box and the cello wrapped plain boxes. They smoked and looked the same. Great smoke Pete didn't miss this time. I got burnt on Dracs and Black Tubos so I was worried about these. In my opinion this is right up there with the Frank. :)

Sorry, I meant the new smokes..the Face. The fancy box release, and the regular box release cigars appeared exactly the same to me on a side by side glance. Granted I didn't hold them, fondle them, smell them, or cram them in any orifices, but I also didn't notice any visible difference. ???

Sorry, I meant the new smokes..the Face. The fancy box release, and the regular box release cigars appeared exactly the same to me on a side by side glance. Granted I didn't hold them, fondle them, smell them, or cram them in any orifices, but I also didn't notice any visible difference. ???

LMAO.