• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FFOX Millenium Humidor and cigar set

mrjinglesusa said:
Finally, I'd wager that those humidors that sold at auction for ~$17,000 each were #1/60 of each color. But that's just speculation. ;)

Good luck with your sale...
[snapback]264727[/snapback]​

I also think that the proceeds at that auction were going to charity...not repaying an old debt. People are far more likely to blow thousands of dollars if it's for a good cause.

mrjinglesusa said:
cigarseller said:
well, I may need to get a bat than.  so cigars and humidors don't really appreciate in value mrjinglesusa?   
[snapback]264705[/snapback]​

Not as much as you might think. Some people might be interested in this as a collector's item (if it were #1/60) or simply for the cigars (which are, IMO, worth less than $5,000). Then again, I think you know full well how much this is worth and I think you know a thing or two about cigars. Otherwise, why would you accept this as payment for something if you...

...don't personally have the knowledge about keeping cigars, and collecting cigars...

Even enjoying cigars as much as I do, there is no way I would take this humidor instead of cash if someone owed me $5,000 or more.

Finally, I'd wager that those humidors that sold at auction for ~$17,000 each were #1/60 of each color. But that's just speculation. ;)

Good luck with your sale...
[snapback]264727[/snapback]​

Plus aren't a lot of those auctions to raise money for charity which more than likely increases the amount spent?

Edit, sorry I missed the immediately preceeding message.

It's worth about $2700.00, if the cigars are perfect.

This humidor has not gone up in value unfortunately.

KayakinBoy said:
group buy? :whistling:
[snapback]264814[/snapback]​

The cigars would be nice... 100 Opus X from 1999 (some are from 1997) of various vitolas. The humidor is actually quite nice too.

I can't say that I would like the price or be able to afford it even if I did, but the humidor sure looks nice.

Getting a straight answer from 95% of the jag off, butt plugs here is almost impossible, cigarseller. So, just ignore the BS and look at the people who are trying to help. The $2700 price is about what you are going to get, max. Unfortunately the MSRP price pushed this humidor into collectors hands and not the average joe smoker or even the wannabe collector. So, many of them remain an easy target, thus, the price is very competitive. I have seen these still sitting on retailer shelves as early as this previous year. So, you have to figure they paid $2500 for it, marked it up to $5000 and now have too much invested to not get rid of it at a discount at some point.

As much fun as it would be to see you take tntp's advice, I would advise you not to go over to cigarfamily and ask this similar question unless you have thicker skin than needed here.

You may be better off looking to trade this for something you want or try selling it in the $2500 range.

Actually none of the Fuente special release humidors have gone up in value.

Most Cuban humidors do however.

The big question...how long have they been out of a humidor? Do you know if they've been well cared for the past several years?

all of the cigars were kept in a room that was a humidor itself, the box was kept on display in a cabinet in a different room, the cigars look in good shape, and I've only had them for a few days. Tonight I'll bring them over to my brothers house to put them in his humidor to keep them in good shape. But as far as I can tell, they all seem good, they aren't falling apart or anything.

By the way, the reason I accepted this is because the person who gave it to me is a close personal friend, and some unforseen problems occured in his financial position. I can understand, and it wasn't going to hurt me all that much to not be paid for supplies.

Your being pretty cool about this... but I have to ask, why did you choose "that" user name, if your only helping out a friend?

Wurm said:
Your being pretty cool about this... but I have to ask, why did you choose "that" user name, if your only helping out a friend?
[snapback]265067[/snapback]​

"YOU'RE" not "YOUR"

As far as his user name, I was wondering the same about yours wurm :laugh: (why you chose "that" one)

coventrycat86 said:
Wurm said:
[snapback]265067[/snapback]​

"YOU'RE" not "YOUR"

As far as his user name, I was wondering the same about yours wurm :laugh: (why you chose "that" one)
[snapback]265099[/snapback]​

Wurm is German for Dragon. Also spelled Wyrm.

And YOU ARE right, from now on I'll spell it out. :thumbs:

Did this thread make it to CF and has any had any activity via PM or email with this guy since the 21st?

The real problem is the condition of the cigars at this point. I know folks here who watch their digital RH meter as if it where a temperature gage in Death Valley :laugh: .

Cigarseller, where do you live? perhaps a member whom lives close to you could examine these cigars and the humidor.

TIA

Rich