• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FFOX Opus 22 2008 Group Buy Round II

jlada

"Contest Master"
See round 1 here.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Since I had such a ridiculous and overwhelming interest in the first group buy, I contacted Jack Schwartz. He generously offered to sell me another set from the shop. Thus, I am taking requests to join this via PM. If you participated in round 1, please allow some other brothers get in this one. To allow more people the opportunity, I would like to cap this two per person. I have contacted all the people in the first thread that expressed interest but did not get a shot at the cigars.

Players:

1) amateuraficionado - 2 - CONFIRMED - PAID
2) BigJake6904 - 2 - CONFIRMED - PAID
3) Carps - 2 - CONFIRMED - CHECK RECEIVED
4) HenrysCigar - 2 - CONFIRMED - PAID
5) KingAntz - 2 - CONFIRMED - CHECK RECEIVED
6) miamipadronsmoker - 2 - CONFIRMED - PAID
7) bigmanfromou - 1 - CONFIRMED - PAID
8) bully1875 - 1 - CONFIRMED - PAID
9) FlyingPanther - 1 - CONFIRMED - PAID
10) handyman dave - 1 - CONFIRMED - PAID
11) jlada - 1 - CONFIRMED - PAID :D
12) jy0567 - 1 - CONFIRMED - PAID
13) KusoJijii - 1 - CONFIRMED - MO RECEIVED
14) NASTY - 1 - CONFIRMED - PAID
15) Whopper - 1 - CONFIRMED - PAID
16) zcigarman - 1 - CONFIRMED - PAID

Zcigarman wanted two the first time, but only got one. Thus, he got a slot in this.

FULL.

This is subject to change. I will also take extra requests in case of drop outs.

----------------------------

PAYMENT

To answer questions about payment, I am going to require a blanket pre-payment for everyone, with the following exceptions: 1) We have done business before or 2) You are a highly tenured member. What is a highly tenured member, by my definition? Quite some time on the board and/or many past trades with no issues. Again, I prefer a pre-payment by everyone. If you have any doubt about my trades/credentials, feel free to PM anyone from my profile. I will accept online payment + fees (around 4%) or MO. No checks from anyone, sorry. If this is a MAJOR DEAL, we can discuss it via PM.

Your overall total will be: ($950/22 = $43.18 per cigar) + (Shipping to me/22) + ($4.75 shipping to you) + (Online payment fees (if applicable) + ($15ish if you win the box/humidor - the first package weighed nearly 11 pounds)

I do not need payment right now. I will PM when I am ready for payment.

LOTTERY

Lottery will go the same way as last time. Two different brothers will randomize the member list and cigar list and PM them so neither one of us can modify it without the other knowing. Four brothers will publicly post random numbers. One brother will post a random number.

It's 100% random and no one bother will have a horse in this race.

SHIPPING

Shipping will be handled by Priority Click N Ship - $4.75. Whoever wins the humidor will need to pay an additional $10-$15ish dollars for shipping. The person who wins the box/humidor can also discuss insurance options with me.

In your request for a spot, I will need:

1) Name + address.
2) How you intend to pay - online or MO.
3) How many cigars you want.
4) Your written commitment to purchasing the cigars.

Regards,
-Jeff

random.org has a great random generator. I use it all the time when I'm trying to get the kids to pick a number. It's fair and unbiased.

By the way, just so everyone knows, I'm going to be PMing everyone with payment info and options.

This will be purchased on Tuesday of next week, giving it time to arrive by Friday at the very ridiculous latest. The cigars will then rest comfortably in a cooler and then mailed promptly Monday the 12th.

how did I miss this again?!?!

I'd like to be on deck if someone drops out for some reason.

I can't believe I have missed all three of these box splits.

can i get on the waiting list if you guys do a third please?

Believe it or not, the response I got to this round 2 was just as overwhelming as the first. Theres probably a good 6-7 in front of you already, but I will nonetheless add you to the list.

Edit: Paid list updated.

can i get on the waiting list if you guys do a third please?

Believe it or not, the response I got to this round 2 was just as overwhelming as the first. Theres probably a good 6-7 in front of you already, but I will nonetheless add you to the list.

Edit: Paid list updated.

Jeff, do you ever sleep? :p

A third shift lifestyle is a little different ;). I sleep plenty. Just not when most do.

Just so you fellas know, I'm gonna go ahead and call JackSchwartz bright and early and get it taken care of today. I'm not gonna mail them until Monday morning next week, though. I have to work three more 12 hr nights this week. I'll probably be too exhausted to work out the logistics and go through the task of all the packaging requirements. Plus, I don't want to risk mailing them Thursday and and not have them delievered on Saturday, thus having them sit in the elements for an additional 48 hrs.

I'll probably get them in Wednesday. I'll let them rest in a cooler until early Monday morning (prob 0400ish EST) when I package them up and get 'em on out.

Good luck in the raffle, brothers!

Edit: Speaking of the raffle, just so you know, seven different board members are involved in the randomization of lists and number sequences, and none of them know who else is involved. One randomizes the list of cigars, one randomizes the participants, four post random number sequences 1-22, and the last one will post a single number. I'll then interpret all the results as I did last time (of course, I can't modify the lists without the brothers that made them knowing), and post up the results. Same as last time. No one involved in the randominzation will have a horse in this race, and it's impossible for collusion to take place since no one person has enough information to do so.

I was reading Mr Peat's reviews of his 2005 set and I must say I'm getting excited. Get on with the raffle! :thumbs: :D

I was reading Mr Peat's reviews of his 2005 set and I must say I'm getting excited. Get on with the raffle! :thumbs: :D

Patience, my friend. It's up to the brothers to make the lists and PM them back to me. Then the others have to post their number sequences.

Can't wait. Thanks for running this again Jeff.
Have a nice day everyone.

Just spoke with Eric. All handled.

Make sure you all give a :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: to JackSchwartz for generously offering another Opus 22 set to the board. I'm just the little guy in the middle of it all.

Dang missed out on the second round..good luck all.