• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Filing Taxes Online

KayakinBoy

I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
Hey,
I'm running behind and need to file soon! Anyone file online? How good was it?

Thanks for responses.

KB

I've used turbo tax online before.....super super easy even on a slightly more complex return.

I think it's www.turbotax.com

good luck :thumbs:

My wife is a CPA and she even tells people to use turbo tax. Once in a while she gets a call or two about problems but most people are real happy. Good luck if you need help pm me and I will get you an answer.

I've used TurboTax or TaxCut every year for the past 4 or 5 years. It's great. I always elect to have my refund deposited directly to the bank -- that cuts down on the time it takes to get the refund. I wouldn't think of doing it any other way, now.

I've used TaxAct before. Its like $15 for the software I think. Its pretty easy, did my own several times, and I'm about illiterate when it comes to taxes. You might check to see if you can tele-file, which is arguably easier than doing them online. I wasn't able to tele-file this year.

I file my Taxes on line. I have been doing it for the last four years .
It's a lot easier and you do get your return back sooner :thumbs:

Bill

TurboTax is great. It couldn't be any easier and I always get my check direct deposit because I get it faster.

Question:

I have a small business in addition to a day job, and I always have tons of deductions. I had H&R Block do my taxes last year, to the tune of $120. Anybody out there know how easy it is to file the correct small business forms through TurboTax?

Have to agree with BD here, I used turbo tab online for a bunch of years and it is very simple to use and understand, they tell you from what box number to enter the info, it really is fool-proof. i would recomend it. no matter what you do, stay away from HR Block, they basically do the same thing as turbo tax online, but get to over charge you for the service. good luck...and many happy returns.
BrownDevil said:
I've used turbo tax online before.....super super easy even on a slightly more complex return.

I think it's www.turbotax.com

good luck :thumbs:
[snapback]177872[/snapback]​

Looks like I'll take the plunge tomorrow night and try to tackle that bad boy.

If you start at the IRS home page, you can file for free via most of those companies (the redirect sends you thru a deal that waives the fee). My taxes are really simple so it's no big deal. If you have more complicated stuff, I dunno. Looks like the companies are making their money off the state returns (an extra $7 in most cases).

rknicker said:
If you start at the IRS home page, you can file for free via most of those companies (the redirect sends you thru a deal that waives the fee). My taxes are really simple so it's no big deal. If you have more complicated stuff, I dunno. Looks like the companies are making their money off the state returns (an extra $7 in most cases).
[snapback]177967[/snapback]​

Tennessee = no state income tax = thank God!

Sandalwood said:
Question:

I have a small business in addition to a day job, and I always have tons of deductions. I had H&R Block do my taxes last year, to the tune of $120. Anybody out there know how easy it is to file the correct small business forms through TurboTax?
[snapback]177949[/snapback]​

TurboTax Home and Business will do the trick. It costs a little more than the standard (about $59, I think). I had my own business for a few years and it handled all of the details very well.