• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fill my Coolidor: NC edition

EmergenCigar

Experts,

I have decided to plunge head first into my newfound love of collecting/smoking cigars. I am putting together a sizable order (relative to my wallet) and would love help with the following:

1. Recommendations for bourbon barrel aged sticks - unfortunately the ability to search this on CP is near impossible with so much talk of bourbon and barrel-aged brews.

2. Online merchant(s) with a wide offering provide a volume discount for my single large purchase.

Also, I’d be happy to know which staple cigars you think every enthusiast should have in their possession. So excited to build inventory to enjoy today and years to come. My sincerest appreciation for you all and your expertise!

1. I don't know any off the top of my head. Why this specific request?

2. We have a retailers section and a quick google search, will get you as many online retailers as you'll need.

1. I don't know any off the top of my head. Why this specific request?

2. We have a retailers section and a quick google search, will get you as many online retailers as you'll need.

Thank you for the response! Judging by your profile stats, I can definitely learn a lot from you - hoping to minimize my mistakes in the beginning of my journey.

Bourbon barrel aged for variety (and Bc I love bourbon) and I have sent emails to a few online retailers and awaiting their reply.

Cheers!

If you mean infused cigars. Not too many people here smoke those. I would suggest pappy van winkle cigars for quality bourbon aged

If you mean infused cigars. Not too many people here smoke those. I would suggest pappy van winkle cigars for quality bourbon aged

Not infused. I thought they allowed the leaves to age in old bourbon/whisky barrels. Either way, I think 0/2 in responses suggests it might be gimmick vs quality. Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Experts,

I have decided to plunge head first into my newfound love of collecting/smoking cigars. I am putting together a sizable order (relative to my wallet) and would love help with the following:

1. Recommendations for bourbon barrel aged sticks - unfortunately the ability to search this on CP is near impossible with so much talk of bourbon and barrel-aged brews.

2. Online merchant(s) with a wide offering provide a volume discount for my single large purchase.

Also, I’d be happy to know which staple cigars you think every enthusiast should have in their possession. So excited to build inventory to enjoy today and years to come. My sincerest appreciation for you all and your expertise!
Anything that has a "flavor" to it would be a mistake to mix in your normal humidor. The flavors and smells will rub off onto your other cigars. You are right, they are mostly a gimmick but if you like them, smoke them.
As for where to buy, that's entirely dependent on what you are buying. As Justin said above, any x000 series is an amazing place to start however they are strong. @Keystone_Raider just posted a thread in the retailers area where he is doing special members pricing. I don't remember if its to late or not but I highly recommend chatting with him. He owns a Cigar shop and is very knowledgeable. He helps me spend a lot money every year.

You can read through the 2020 and 2021 "what you smoked today" and there will be TONS of info on what a lot of us smoke. Check the reviews page for more info.

As a fellow newb, I know what you speak of.

I tried a few of these back in the day and wasn’t impressed. Some have ok flavors but some also felt like they powdered the leaf trying to add flavors. Wasn’t my forte

I had more positive notes with Arturo Fuentes, padron, illusione, and some CAO. smoke what you like and like what you smoke, however

As a fellow newb, I know what you speak of.

I tried a few of these back in the day and wasn’t impressed. Some have ok flavors but some also felt like they powdered the leaf trying to add flavors. Wasn’t my forte

I had more positive notes with Arturo Fuentes, padron, illusione, and some CAO. smoke what you like and like what you smoke, however

AF, Padron, Ashton, Oliva on my list (already own some Tatuaje and others). Would you be so kind as to suggest a particular Illisione? I see it often on here. Thanks!

If you can find them, the Illusione Singulare Annunaki. The Fume d’Amour line is not for me, but otherwise it’s hard to go wrong, imo.

Far be it from me to talk anyone out of hoarding smokes, but a common error Newbs make is to over-invest early in their cigar journeys. You really should be buying singles & fivers right now to figure out what you like. Preferences will come. Tastes will change.

Far be it from me to talk anyone out of hoarding smokes, but a common error Newbs make is to over-invest early in their cigar journeys. You really should be buying singles & fivers right now to figure out what you like. Preferences will come. Tastes will change.

Very solid advice.

Wrote my post for me. Well said.

This right here! I have bought a couple of boxes early on that I should have went with a fiver or single first. Live and learn.