• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Finally finished my Boli PCs, order more or try something new?

Pipe Smoker

I am about to finish off my first box of Boliver Petite Coronas. I can't decided whether I want to stick with what works and order another box, or expand my horizons and try something new. The only other PC I have is Monte #4.

What do you guys think?

The H Upmann Half Corona is a great petite as well.  Also the Por Larranaga Petite Corona and of course the Partagas Short.

If you haven't tried any of those, I would certainly recommend you change it up and try any of those.  As I find them more appealing than Boli PC, personally.

What about getting a sampler and then deciding on a box? I ordered one and look forward to trying a bunch of stuff (all of it in smaller sized cigars) once they have rested a bit.

bfreebern said:
I love the Trinidad Reyes as well.

I have yet to try it......any Trinidad for that matter, but there are a few on the list.  I'll add that one.

I'll second the Trinidad Reyes...my favorite short smoke by far.

Alright, well Bolis are out of stock so that makes that part of the decision easier. H Uppman Petite Corona leads the pack (I'm worried that the half corona would be too small for my taste). What about the Por Larranga?

bfreebern said:

I have yet to try it......any Trinidad for that matter, but there are a few on the list.  I'll add that one.

What?  Dude.

Yeah, it's pretty embarrassing.

Pipe Smoker said:
Alright, well Bolis are out of stock so that makes that part of the decision easier. H Uppman Petite Corona leads the pack (I'm worried that the half corona would be too small for my taste). What about the Por Larranga?

The half corona may very well be too small.  The are shorties for sure.  But they are good.  PLPC is a good way to go.  But you can't miss with that H. Upp PC either.

The last couple boxes of H.Upmann PC's I bought were particularly good, and the prices have been great.  That's my recommendation and I'm sticking to it.... :laugh:

If you're looking for similar, go with the H Upmann PC, or the Partagas shorts.

Boli PCs are my favorite Petite Corona. I always have at least one full box tucked away for emergencies. :)

Another PC that I like is the Juan Lopez. Doesn't get a lot of love from folks, but I enjoy them. And of course, the Monte #4 is a great cigar, though a bit pricey for a PC.

PS what did you end up getting?

bfreebern said:
I adore a good Trinidad Reyes, the only issue is that it's a challenge to find a GOOD box. If you go this route make sure that you pick it yourself or have someone you trust that really knows this brand pick it for you. DON'T buy Trinidad's blind. 

If you're looking for a great PC with low risk grab a cab of PLPC's. IMHO they're the best PC out of the bunch well for the last 4 or so years. I currently have 6 unopened cabs and 2 that I've been smoking out of. 

Jason

Pipe Smoker said:

PS what did you end up getting?

Uppmans

Uppman PC or half corona?  Personally I have been buying the half coronas and enjoy them very much,  in fact I am heading toward the office coolidor for one now.

PC. I thought about the half corona, but I just couldn't get passed the size. I like my SSMs for really short smokes. 

Backslide said:

I adore a good Trinidad Reyes, the only issue is that it's a challenge to find a GOOD box. If you go this route make sure that you pick it yourself or have someone you trust that really knows this brand pick it for you. DON'T buy Trinidad's blind. 

If you're looking for a great PC with low risk grab a cab of PLPC's. IMHO they're the best PC out of the bunch well for the last 4 or so years. I currently have 6 unopened cabs and 2 that I've been smoking out of. 

Jason

I've been away from cigars for a long time, so I'm basically a newbie.  From what I remember Trinidad Reyes are a great smoke fresh from the box.  I didn't feel like I need to age them like a lot of the other smokes.

I'm allowing myself to buy again and the first box I thought about are the Trinidad Reyes.  I'm getting 2x 12ct boxes to see if I remember correctly.  I would get the 24ct boxes if they are available.