• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fire arm

I have a CCW and when I do carry it's usually either a Firestar 9mm or Para P-13 45.

I know it's an old thread.

I don't carry daily, but have an assortment to pick from
Star .40
VA Dragoon .44 Mag
Ruger MkII
Browning Buckmark

I usually have a rifle or two in the pickup though.
Mainly Varmint/Target rifles

Hey Savage, Is that the FireStar .40 that you have? I had/carried one for about 12 years and loved it. Decided to trade it for a DA/SA carry gun.

no CCW (yet...) but I do have a glock 22 (.40 S&W) that I shoot, plus a S&W .44mag mountain gun, a lightweight .44 on a 629 frame, that I carry when I hunt or hike in bear infested areas. not to mention the .22 pistol for grouse!

Plus a multitude of other long guns ranging from an original WWII Japanese 7.7mm rifle (pried out of the hands of a dead Japanese soldier by my father-in-law) to my .338 WinMag I hunt everything with, and everything in between- .22, .270, 12ga, .410ga, and a 7mm mag.

You can carry in Alaska in plain view (within reason of course!), or get a concealed carry permit in a weekend.

Colt Combat Government Series 70, circa 1978. If it's more than 50' away you shouldn't be shooting at it with a pistol anyway.

I live in Vancouver, WA - right across the river from Portland, OR. I work in OR so that entitled me to have CCW's in two states; WA and OR. While some states offer some reciprocity when it comes to CCW's from other states, I believe OR isn't one of them; as such, I'm lucky. My mom lives about 2 hours south of here, and I always carry when I'm doing the I-5 shuffle. I've been making that run for 15 years or so now, and the things you see....

My usually carry piece is a Glock 21 (45ACP) that sits in a fanny pack beside me on the car seat. I've also got a Glock 26 (9mm) that rides completely out of sight in a Galco ankle rig. The safe also has a Beretta 92, a couple of "six shooters" (.44MAG / .357), a Ruger 10-22, and a couple of plastic guns that say "AR-15" on 'em....:D

My 18 year old son and I have taken classes at the local indoor range (Level 2 Pistolcraft). Good times with the oldest son, to be sure. He "almost" shoots as good as the old man..... :whistling:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Up in Canada, the laws are tighter. Its easy to get a permit to get any hunting rifle. You need a permit for sidearms, and only can take them to the range. I like the Glock myself (9mm very accurate), and .223 for deer, or Remington 870 pump for deer or geese. I dont touch the Uzi 9mm sub anymore since i almost sawed off my fingers letting 32 rounds rip on full auto. :blush:

nicko99 said:
Hey Savage, Is that the FireStar .40 that you have? I had/carried one for about 12 years and loved it. Decided to trade it for a DA/SA carry gun.
[snapback]187761[/snapback]​

Hey Nicko99

It is a Star Model 31P. Not a bad gun.

A link to CCW info Packing.org

My regular carry gun is a Springfield Armory XD9 sub-compact. On occasion I change it up w/ a SIG P245 (45acp).

Of several handguns I own, perhaps my favorite is my Walther PPK.

Savage112 said:
I know it's an old thread.

I don't carry daily, but have an assortment to pick from
Star .40
VA Dragoon .44 Mag
Ruger MkII
Browning Buckmark

I usually have a rifle or two in the pickup though.
Mainly Varmint/Target rifles
[snapback]187758[/snapback]​
lucasbuck said:
I have a CCW and when I do carry it's usually either a Firestar 9mm or Para P-13 45.
[snapback]162630[/snapback]​

Did Star go out of business? I thought they made great weapons. I have a couple carry guns, Taurus PT940SS, Kimber Ultra Carry 40.

When I had more time I shot IDPA and was licensed by the same guy who taught the class. Also have my Remington 870 for home protection.

I live in New Jersey and have a better chance of pulling diamonds out of my a$$ then getting a carrier permit. :(

grand cru no 2 said:
Did Star go out of business? I thought they made great weapons. I have a couple carry guns, Taurus PT940SS, Kimber Ultra Carry 40.

When I had more time I shot IDPA and was licensed by the same guy who taught the class. Also have my Remington 870 for home protection.
[snapback]187832[/snapback]​

On May 27, 1997 both Star and Astra closed their doors, and were placed in the Spanish equivalent of Chapter Seven bankruptcy, under the control of a Basque regional judge. Eventually, an agreement was reached that settled sufficient outstanding debt, and allowed some of the machinery and the intellectual property to be resurrected in two new companies. Much machinery was also sold at auction to pay debtors. Apparently all unassembled or unsold barrels and frames were destroyed by government order when the company closed. Unregistered parts were retained and seem to still be available thru Ipar (see below).

Star and Astra combined into one company under the ASTAR name, with a new factory, which manufactures a range of new firearms.

Star info

The Star pistol I have seems to be a well made piece. The previous owner abused it for 10 years before I took possession. He kept it in a drawer by his bed, never taking it out for exercise or play or anything. I like the feel of it and the weight isn't terrible. It does weigh considerably more than the Smith & Wesson 40VE I had. I would like to find an extra clip for the Star, so if anybody can help me out there I would appreciate it.

Savage112 said:
I would like to find an extra clip for the Star, so if anybody can help me out there I would appreciate it.
[snapback]188017[/snapback]​

I don't know which Star pistol you have but did you try here?

I had a Taurus .357 seven shot revolver. About 4 months ago my wife and I had some bookshelves built in our upstairs loft. The carpenters were 3 or 4 mexicans (I think) who spoke no English. The following week I noticed that my guy was missing and I asked my wife if she had seen it. She said that she thought she moved it somewhere but couldn't exactly recall (a new source of argument for us), and so we figured it was simply misplaced. We search the house for it for a few days to no avail. I'm 90% sure that it was stolen by the contractors. I couldn't be more pissed.

this is a cool topic, On cigar pass. I work in the field of armor. Armors everything to vest to hummers for everyone. Never owned a gun but have acess to them all. You know the job thing. just wanted to drop a thought :whistling:

GLOCK 23C:40cal(compensated)

Have had s&w 40, H&K 45usp, Ruger 45, So far the glock is my favorite!