• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First batch in the bottles!

kona1000

Buy Bitcoin
Alright. First batch in the bottles. Took alittle taste, tasted a little yeasty. Oh well give 'em a week or two and see how they taste. I would love to do a west coast IPA.

Love at first sip!

Share the grain bill, style, and type of yeast you used.

Congratz, I need to fire up my rig soon, maybe next week end while the wife is out of town.

TIm

I started brewing in 1988 until 1995 approximatly. Stoppped for a long time. Does it seem like the price of beer has gone through the roof. So I'm back.

Just went and got a starter kit with the, Amber malt extracts, Muntons Crushed crystals, and Cascade Hop Pellets.

My next batch is going to be a hop monster. Looking foward to doing all grain.

I also haven't brewed in about 18 months. Sitting outside this morning with a Padron 5000 in the wonderful cooler fall weather got me to eying the brewing equipment siting on the shelf. I do believe it it its time, and the better half is asking for some west cost pale ale. I will have to see what is going on next weekend.

Had 5 gallons I brewed up about 4 months ago sitting in a secondary, forgotten...bottled it last weekend, had about half a bottle at the end, so I chilled it today and gave it a taste

Best beer to date

Forgot about your beer? Sounds like it turned out well. Surprised the water in the air lock didn't evaporate.

I'm gunna brew one more with the extract (Anchor steam copy) then I'm going all grain.

Green Flash West Coast IPA- I love it. Going to try a recipe for it.

Forgot about your beer? Sounds like it turned out well. Surprised the water in the air lock didn't evaporate.

I'm gunna brew one more with the extract (Anchor steam copy) then I'm going all grain.

Where are you getting your supplies?

Beer was in a sealed secondary, no airlock.
Not so much forgot about, just never got back too...

It was a very simple grain bill 1/3 pale. 1/3 Munich, 1/3 Vienna...
All left over from other batches, would have to look up the hops.

It is called Test Flight Pale Ale, because it was the first run on my new Keggle Electric Rig
2 more weeks and it will be fully conditioned

Tim

Beer and wine supply in worburn, ma.

Beer and wine supply in worburn, ma.

Next time you are up in NH my buddy has a store in Salem not to far from 2 Guys. You should check it out. Hes got a lot of stuff there plus its TAX free. I'm no brewer but its a cool little shop. If you listen to the morning BUZZ on Rock 101 he has an ad on there.

Borderbrewsupply.com

Tell him Paul Harrison sent you!

Let me know if you ever go.

Paul

I've stopped brewing as well, and began again about a month and a half ago. I am rebuilding my pipeline, I forgot how hard it is to wait. I've brewed up a pumpkin ale, okto, and christmas ale........all are completely malt based.....I'm thinking doing of doing an all grain next....I've bottled 2 batches, and one kegged......they smelled awesome....I'm sure glad I got back into it......provides good quality time to myself while making fresh beer......cannot ask for more.....or can I....

I've got the second batch going into secondary fermentation on Sunday or Monday.

An Anchor Steam clone. I love that beer.

Googling how to make my own mash/ lauter tun.

This is going to be fun.