• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First box purchase(s)

calhounhusker

Banned
Ended up going to the local B&M today and walking into the humidor thinking I'll just grab a couple sticks I haven't had yet.

Walked out of the humidor with 2 boxes of G.A.R Corona Gordas(Buy one get one free), a box of Montecristo Courts(White label), a box of 10 Cuesta Rey No 11 Belicosos Natural, and another box of the No. 9 pyramid Maduro.

I think I'm good on cigars for awhile....

I would say so. I bet that B&M loves you. Enjoy em

Ended up going to the local B&M today and walking into the humidor thinking I'll just grab a couple sticks I haven't had yet.

Walked out of the humidor with 2 boxes of G.A.R Corona Gordas(Buy one get one free), a box of Montecristo Courts(White label), a box of 10 Cuesta Rey No 11 Belicosos Natural, and another box of the No. 9 pyramid Maduro.

You may think you're "good" on cigars until that next great deal comes up and you just can't pass it up. You've tasted blood in buying a few boxes and I can tell you from first hand experience that it's all downhill from here! Congratulations on your purchases, feels good don't it? :cool:

I don't know if I would consider it to "feel good". Lol. For the most part I have just boughten a bunch of singles, and right now have my 100 ct humidor full and my 25 count almost full. That was before these purchases. So Right now there is those 5 boxes plus another about 40 sticks sitting in the humidor at the B&M. The 40 or so randoms are from winning poker and random singles to smoke there.

Looks like Im going to need a cooler..

I don't know if I would consider it to "feel good". Lol. For the most part I have just boughten a bunch of singles, and right now have my 100 ct humidor full and my 25 count almost full. That was before these purchases. So Right now there is those 5 boxes plus another about 40 sticks sitting in the humidor at the B&M. The 40 or so randoms are from winning poker and random singles to smoke there.

Looks like Im going to need a cooler..

Walmart has some 40qt. (pretty sure) one's for like $15. I used a Wonder Bread container (holds like 4 slices of bread) and cut up wet florist foam to put in it, then put holes in the lid.

It was a great "temporary" setup, only costing about $22-$25 and held 12 boxes or so.

Good luck, once you get the small cooler, you'll find your way to the 120qt. and then to the cabinet. :blush:

I thought the GAR was ok, but not worth the money. Buy one get one tells me your retailer didn't want to store them any longer.

Not a fan of the GAR, but if you enjoy them... that's awesome 'cause you just got a free box!!

Welcome to addiction, and congrats on the first box purchase. I am sure soon we will see another thread from you that says: 'My new Humidor.' You will need it to store your next impulse purchase :D.

*edited for grammar.

Smokintexas couldn't be more right on that. I too can say I've done the same thing.

You may think you're "good" on cigars until that next great deal comes up and you just can't pass it up. You've tasted blood in buying a few boxes and I can tell you from first hand experience that it's all downhill from here! Congratulations on your purchases, feels good don't it? :cool:

Nice pickup!! I only once smoked a GAR but I will never forget it!! I think they droped the price on these smokes, isn't it?

I'm not sure if they dropped the prices. I know at my B&M they are 8-10 buck smokes but 40 smokes for 160 bucks wasn't too damn bad I thought.

"Good" on cigars only lasts so long as you keep some control.......eh......even then you are screwed. "Good" for me lasted until I had about 1500 cigars......that's when I realized one can never be "good" on cigars. I know one guy who, at one point, had 20K cigars (he does smoke 8-10 a day). He has an entire room temp/hum controlled and full of cigars. I know many guys with 5K+.......I don't have the coin for that, or else I could easily have ended up in that category of frenzied spending. As it is my salary is lower right now, so I buy less. I've also found that, with many cigars, I actually think they reach their peak at 1-3 years age, then start to diminish in quality.....not all smokes.....certainly some just get better.....but in my range ($2-3 a stick), I prefer to smoke em less than 2-3 yrs age.....so my current stash stays around 6-800 (I smoke 3-400 a year).

I tend to feel that I am good on smokes in the winter time when I don't really get a chance to have many/any cigars, but once the weather warms up and it's nice being outside again I find that I start stockpiling even though I still have as many as I had at the end of the season last year!?!?!?

For everything there is a season and warm weather for me means it is time to stockpile and smoke some excellent cigars!

I was good on smokes. Until I ordered three more boxes in the past 3 days. Now I'm REALLY good on smokes. Until tomorrow.

Hmmm.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one to have this problem. ;) It seems everytime I go to pick up a few singles I walk out with a box instead.

New humi pics.. Not including the 50 I just bought on cbid or the good amount sitting at the local B&M hangout..

normal_103_2894.JPG

normal_103_2886.JPG

normal_103_2888.JPG

normal_103_2889.JPG

normal_103_2893.JPG

Haha... I told you we would be hearing of your new Humi soon enough.

Nobody ever listens to the crazy Australian until it is too late.