• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Humidor - Cant adjust hygrometer?

Here is another piece of advice.
Screw that gel crap. Go to Heartfelt industries. Viper is a member here. He has beads. Get them and you will have no issues with RH whatsoever.

I think Im just gonna use the electronic one I ordered and try the gel/crystal stuff out! Thanks guys!

FYI it was out of stock. I went to purchase it from swag FIRST, but was out of stock.

And the point im trying to make is that the screw in the back is too thin to fit any screw drivers I have into. Even he ones I use to fix electronics dont fit.

You were the second person to say this in one week, so I went to check it out on swag. It says it is in stock but when you try to check out it says "Products marked with *** are not available in the desired quantity or not in stock!" Maybe Rod can let us know if there is something funky going on with the check out process or if it is just not in stock.

I would much rather give my business to Rod than to some ebay dude.

When I get another or a larger humidor in the future, I will of course seek him out first.

Meh, I got a crappy analog hygrometer with my humidor, too. I didn't plan on using it, but when I unpacked the shipping box I was a little :angry: to see that the humidor had a huge hole in the front where the hygrometer goes. So I condition my humidor, and when my digital hygrometer-thermometer combo settled into a solid 70% RH I tried to adjust the crappy analog hygrometer. The spring inside snapped with the first tiny twist of the screwdriver. Figures. Now it's just a fuggin' plug for the hole. THANKS, China.

I'm currently researching the best way to set up a coolidor, in which I'll be using heartfelt beads. There's a shit-ton of info here, all but a click of the search button away.

Ya actually Im looking into buying some stuff from heartfelt as well thanks to beyondtheband. Mines just like yours, big hole in the front haha

Thanks for letting me know. I switched over to this new cart and there is obviously some bug with stock levels. It says in stock, but when you add it to the cart and check out, it says out of stock. I will fix the problem as soon as possible. Sorry about that, and thanks for checking w/ Swag first! :)

My next buys that you have in stock will of course be through Swag from now on :D

You could have also sent Rod a Email first and of course there is a telephone number. :p I will also mention to scrap the Gel stuff and get the Heartfelt Beads. The digital RH is great with the Beads since you can tell when you need to add some water to the beads. Don't be turned off by the price as its well worth the investment. :thumbs:

My next buys that you have in stock will of course be through Swag from now on :D

You could have also sent Rod a Email first and of course there is a telephone number. :p I will also mention to scrap the Gel stuff and get the Heartfelt Beads. The digital RH is great with the Beads since you can tell when you need to add some water to the beads. Don't be turned off by the price as its well worth the investment. :thumbs:
Already in talks with Viper on purchasing some =]
When I first got the link to Swag I did not realize who owned it. So I just thought oh well I will go somewhere else! Now that I know, I will take more time.

Already in talks with Viper on purchasing some =]
When I first got the link to Swag I did not realize who owned it. So I just thought oh well I will go somewhere else! Now that I know, I will take more time.

You're right, I should probably put a CP reference on Swag so that it's more defined. I need to do some work on swag soon, and get it all updated with some new stock. CP is my first priority, but I'll certainly need to make some time for swag very soon. Thanks again...