• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Nub!

Twingy

Reaction score
Well I had been dying to try one since all I hear is good things about them. I couldn't find any from my regular sources, but I happened to look over at the "humidor" at my local beer distributor and they had a box of Nubs in there. I think at $7.99 a stick for a Nub Cameroon was a bit overpriced but my demand exceeded supply so I forked it over.

It was what I hoped it would be when I took it out of the wrapper. The cap was substantial, allowing a nice cut without any unraveling. The pre-light draw was pretty easy and tasted pretty good to me. I got it lit no problem and it was pretty nice to get right into the "meat" of the cigar without getting through the "warmup." I had some problems with an uneven burn, but it was kind of windy out so that could be the cuplrit. I would say the flavor was smooth and clean. I didn't feel the smoke overwhelmed and it didn't make me feel like I wanted to throw up, which is always a huge plus in my book.

Now when I got to about within an inch of the cigar band I just could not keep this thing lit. I noticed the cigar was exceedingly springy at this point with a lot of give in to finger pressure and I wonder if this is why I had this trouble. I had a lot of trouble getting it relit since it was cold out which was giving me trouble with my lighter.

Has anybody else had this experience with Nub? I will definitely be experimenting with more of these in the future as it was a nice smoking experience. Just curious about everybody else's experiences since this was a little off-putting.

~Eric

I've heard mixed reviews about this stick and being a HUGE fan of the Serie V and wanting to try the V Maddie ... I might have to get one of these, but I'm not buying it, someone's gonna have to "gift" it to me, and I'll do a review on my take of it :D

Nick

I feel that these are basically garbage...well garbage is a strong word. I just can't grasp the whole sweet spot thing they are claiming it to capture. Plus the obnoxious ring guages...OMG it was soo uncomfortable. I can't smoke anything (comfortably) above 52 rg. Oh, and they all had a harsh, tinny flavor....yes, all of them. Just my .02.

On the plus side, I really enjoy the Serie V lanceros, and the new Serie V Maddies.

I feel that these are basically garbage...well garbage is a strong word. I just can't grasp the whole sweet spot thing they are claiming it to capture. Plus the obnoxious ring guages...OMG it was soo uncomfortable. I can't smoke anything (comfortably) above 52 rg. Oh, and they all had a harsh, tinny flavor....yes, all of them. Just my .02.

On the plus side, I really enjoy the Serie V lanceros, and the new Serie V Maddies.

x2 here, wasn't a big fan of the Nub Connecticut I had a couple of weeks ago.

The 464T sizes, being torpedos, are a bit less awkward and obnoxiously fat. Really, I was surprised at how little of an issue the ring gauge was after awhile. You just don't notice it as much as you'd think.

Good burn for me, with no issues. I guess I've had about half a dozen or so now, of the 464T Cameroons and Habanos combined. Tasty, but I like the new Cusano perfectos in the same wrappers better and they're slightly less money.

~Boar

I've heard mixed reviews about this stick and being a HUGE fan of the Serie V and wanting to try the V Maddie ... I might have to get one of these, but I'm not buying it, someone's gonna have to "gift" it to me, and I'll do a review on my take of it :D

Nick

There's a Nub event at my local B&M on Thursday, so I might go pick up a couple... If I think they are trash I hand them off to you.

I didn't have burn issues with the 466 Habano I tried...it was just unremarkable. Not bad - just so-so. I wouldn't turn one down if offered, but I won't be buying any more, either. Lots of hype, and not a lot of swagger to back it up.

I have had to and in my opinion they are just a gimmick not worth the price and come on if you wanna put somthing that big around in your mouth well I can tell you a few bars to pick up someone at rp

If you want to get the "NUB experience" with a cigar worth smoking, do yourself a favor and pick up one of these for around the same price:

LINKY

My personal experience with this cigar hasn't been that great.

If you want to get the "NUB experience" with a cigar worth smoking, do yourself a favor and pick up one of these for around the same price:

LINKY

Indeed! I didn't consider myself a full bodied cigar smoker until I smoked a couple of LFDs. Those Double Ligeros are the shiznit!!

I'm not a fan at all of these. It's an interesting idea, but I think that's as far as it goes.

In my opinion this cigar still has a beginning, middle, and end....the only difference is there is less sweet spot to enjoy.

I've smoked one and didn't care for it.

I think it is just a gimmick used to move product. The cigar was very mild (for me) and didn't have much flavor. If a cigar is going to be that mild I need it to have some great flavors, this one just didn't have it.

Smoked my first and perhaps last nub today....It was the Habano wrapper. The first third was good the middle was nondescript and the end was not worth messing with. I needed to try it for myself and now I am over it.

Smoked my first and perhaps last nub today....It was the Habano wrapper. The first third was good the middle was nondescript and the end was not worth messing with. I needed to try it for myself and now I am over it.

I had the habano as well, for $4 bucks I would rather have a padron