• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Online Cigar Order

bthompson2875

My first online cigar order was scheduled to arrive today. Excited, I decided to work from home to welcome my new sticks. When I opened the box, I expected to get a quick jolt of my Romeo Y Julieta Vintage III and my Don Diego Privada #2 Double Coronas. After carefully opening the box, I was greeted with the "Ultra Clean" fresh scent of the free Degree for Men sampler that they included in my package. Do I smell THAT bad?

I'm really not complaining, I just thought it was funny. The sticks were packaged well and arrived on-time and in great condition. I just wanted a waft of cedar/tobacco when I opened the box... not the bathroom fresh scent of Degree!

A few days ago, I posted here because I was concerned with all my random sticks mingling and acquiring each others flavor in my humidor. I guess that is now the least of my concerns. My new sticks might taste like deodorant!

Happy Monday!

BTW - I've never tried either of the sticks. I don't know what to expect!

I'd be complaining!
Seems like the sticks could easily acquire a perfume-y taste.
I would never want to order from that outfit.
(Could you PM me the company so I can stay away?)

Jim

Im sure as long as they where in boxes your fine, odd thing to package with cigars though.

Mrepp said:
Im sure as long as they where in boxes your fine, odd thing to package with cigars though.
[snapback]272805[/snapback]​

No boxes...the order was for 2 five packs. Each cigar had a cello sleeve and each group of 5 was put in another separate plastic bag.

Did you happen to order from Thompson?

Rod said:
[snapback]272812[/snapback]​

lol thats what I was thinking... :laugh:

Wurm said:
Rod said:
[snapback]272812[/snapback]​

lol thats what I was thinking... :laugh:
[snapback]272819[/snapback]​

No, I didn't get it from Thompson's. I think it is a trusted vendor though. So maybe it's an honest mistake and they were hazing me since they know I'm a newbie! I'll PM the site to all who has asked, but I am going to hold off on disclosing it publicly unless/until someone who's been around longer than me says I should disclose the name in this thread.

The sticks are resting comfortably in my humi now... at this point, no harm no foul! Now when I fire one of 'em up and if it tastes like my mom just washed my mouth out with soap - HARM & FOUL and I'll do my rant publicly!

Received PM.
It is another large catalog vendor.
My suggestion is to call their customer service number and complain.
They should have no problem resending his order (without the deodorant!).

Jim

I'll admit, I think I'd be pissed if I found that cuddled up next to my sticks in what I'd ordered. What the hell kind of outfit even mixes the two things up like that? Maybe, maybe, maybe, I coulda seen them throwing in some mouthwash (I mean, since you seem to be ordering from some cigar/toiletries kinda outfit... :sign:), but deodorant? Sorry brother....

Update: Per Tenpin's suggestion, I called Customer Service and explained my situation. They were already aware of the issue and are resolving it. She told me I could smoke one and if I experienced any problems, they would gladly exchange them... Guess I know what I'm smoking tonight!

The company who did this needs to be outted so the rest of the people here can avoid them like the plague. I have never heard of anything so stupid in my life.

The Master said:
The company who did this needs to be outted so the rest of the people here can avoid them like the plague. I have never heard of anything so stupid in my life.
[snapback]272862[/snapback]​

Or at the very least, make sure that when they place an order, to ask for "no deoderant."

That's really bizarre to tell you the truth, I would be interested in knowing who it was though. Any interested in see if it affects your sticks or not?

JR's has been sending a pkg of free deoderant in most of their orders for quite a while.

Well, you will have some more deodorant tomorrow when my end of our New Sampler arrives at your place! I hope you enjoy the sticks and the deodorant. If anybody else has the deodorant sampler, I'm willing to trade my "Ultra Clear Degree - Silver Ice" for the Intense Sport or the Ocean Blast (kidding of course).

husker said:
JR's has been sending a pkg of free deoderant in most of their orders for quite a while.
[snapback]272923[/snapback]​

Note to self, tell JR not to add deoderant to my cigar order. You would think an outfit like JR would know better than this. Shame on you :angry:

Its interesting too because I just bought a box a month or too ago and no deodorant came in mine, or any of the previous boxes for that matter?

Reading this, I can't help but think, "Is this some kind of joke you guys pull on the newbies every once in a while?" If it's true, it's the strangest thing I've ever heard.

We just ship stuff for people. These are products that are sent to us that we don't own. For those of you who got the Trick or Treat packages and commented about a deodorant stick being in the box, this is just one of many items that we do fullfillment for on behalf of other people.

Weird to say the least. I am PMing for the name of the course so I can stay away.