• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First Stand up act

Awesome, you're finally doing it! I knew you could man, I'm real excited for ya!

Break a leg! Just keep at it. My college friend Pete Lee started doing open mic nights here in Mpls at Acme back in '96 or so. He kept at it and was able to quit his day job a few years ago. It's tough but you can do it!

Hey, I got a joke for you:

"Why do they call it Ovaltine? The mug is round. The jar is round. They should call it round tine. That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"

Just kidding! :laugh:

Ok so to update, I absolutely killed at the comedy club last night. The room holds 100 people and 70 of them were there to see me.
Unnamed.jpg
So the crowd was rocking and I killed 'em. I was really surprised how unprepared a lot of the 20 or so comics were. Many of them were reading off of notes, or hemming and hawing around. I was probably the most prepared, and one of, if not the smoothest delivery. I did have to cut down the act at the last minute to five minutes and that was a bit disconcerting, but I rolled with it and did well in spite of the last minute change. It was probably a good thing anyway as I am sure changes at the last minute are a frequent part of club comedy I assume. although because I had the room rocking they allowed me to go over and I did a 7 minute set anyway. All the peeps were impressed and more importantly they were entertained.
I was offered a chance to do a 10 minute routine on Wednesday at Vince Neils Bar "Feelgoods" and invited back for another Sunday show next week which I will do!
I also had the show video tapped and will post it on youtube as soon as I can!

Thanks for all the well wishes, you guys rock!!!!!

PJ

Kickass man! I hope you get a chance to record one of your acts and post it for the rest of us to see.

Awesome ya stud! I can't wait for the youtube video!

Kudos to you PJ. Doing stand-up is my dream job, unless there is a company that is looking for a stand-up comedian for part time work while they focus the other half of their work week to riding motorcycles and smoking cigars. I doubt I will find that, but you never know.

Best of luck to you brother, break a leg and smoke a good one afterwards to bring yourself down.

It looks like Walt Disney threw up all over your shirt.

:sign: Good job PJ, you're a natural!

grats...it takes a big set of nads to do what you did bro....glad it went well.

My best friend started doing this about 6 months ago. Probably one of the funniest guys I've ever met. He does his gigs around the Atlanta area. Congrats on the first show! And yes! We need to see a video!

Fantastic PJ! Way to go out there and get things done. Be sure to keep us all up to date on upcoming acts and how things are going. Again, well done.

Excellent bro, I'm happy for you. There's no other feeling quite like it. I hope this rolls on for you. Put up the vid.

PJ,

Phenominal my friend!! You did a great job now can I please get my shamwow!!

Jim