• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

First time feeling a little 'woozy' from cigars

icoNn

I was bored tonight and all my friends were busy, so I decided to go out and have a few smokes while I read a book on the deck. I'm new to cigar smoking and just have a few samplers to smoke. I reached in the humidor to grab a few sticks that I haven't tried yet. The victims?

1) Joya de Nicarauga Antano
2) Carlos Torano Cameroon 1916

I've never smoked more than one cigar in a sitting, but tonight called for 2 :thumbs:

First was the Joya, of which I have to say was not all that great in my opinion. It was just a boring smoke for me. The Torano I enjoyed even though the draw was extremely extremely light...it had a decent flavor to it. Anyway I got up when I was finished and felt the first little 'buzz' (if that's the correct term) from smoking cigars. I'm not a cig smoker either.

Enjoyable night!

I dunno, just thought I would share with you folks. :whistling:

Happens to the best of us bro, lol. Just try not and double up with a couple A/F Anejo's and you'll be ok :)

Never had the Joya, but I like the 1916 pretty well. Sounds like an enjoyable evening.

yuck, i hate that feeling. It's worse then being hung over the morning after a huge party. Yuck.

yuck, i hate that feeling. It's worse then being hung over the morning after a huge party. Yuck.

Didn't bother me really...I just sat down and played some video games :D

And cigar+reading is a good combo. It's the only way I can get myself to read. Otherwise I completely zone out or fall asleep

I made a mistake on Saturday, smoked a RP SG Robusto with a year of humi time on it (it was awesome BTW) down to a less than an inch nub, brushed my teeth and laid down to go to sleep.

Got right back up when the room did a spin.

Didn't notice the nicotine buzz until I laid down, but when it hit me it was like a sledgehammer.

LOL ended up staying up another hour and drinking some OJ before feeling safe enough to try to lay back down again.

Those Joya de Nicarauga anejos are pretty strong cigars, at least the reserva I had was, surprised you thought it was bland.

Very similarly, this happened to me when I read and smoked my first LFD Double Ligero Chisel. However, it took only one of those. Had to sit right back down and keep reading before I went back inside. That was on an empty stomach, though. Now it is one of my favorite sticks, I'm just carefule to eat first.

-K-

Just make sure you have something in your stomach first, that will help with the nausea..

Just drink a bottle of scotch…it’ll make the feeling much more enjoyable :D

Oh yeah, do I remember the first time I almost hurled because of a strong puro. It was early evening and I stopped into my then local B&M to smoke one of the Partagas Shorts I had purchased the month prior. Forgetting to eat, I fired up that stick and puffed to my little hearts content.... much to the dismay of my stomach! It started to contort, spasm, and I thought I was going to power vomit near the end of that cigar. The room spun and I walked out of there as if I had a bottle of 150 proof alcohol!

Short story is, eat first, smoke a reasonable time later (not too soon after a meal as your smoking experience may be tainted by this!).

Darren

I too was put down by a cigar the other night. I smoked a LFD Dbl. Ligero 660. It's a 4 5/8 x 60 cigar. I only bought it because it looked pretty cool and I actually wanted a slight buzz. I felt a little light headed while smoking but it really hit me about 10 minutes after finishing. It sat me down for about 35 minutes! I bought two of them when I picked it up,...I gave the other away last night! They're good but I don't want that feeling again anytime soon!

I think we all have one of these stories!
I had a very, very stressful day at work nto long after starting a new job, so I didn't knwo the area too well. I found a shop on the net, it was 1/2 way home for me, so I decided to pop in. I had eaten lunch early, and probably sat down for the cigar at about 6:30...it was a FFOX. Smoked it kinda quick....I was a tad buzzed, but not too bad. As I left and started driving home, though....ooph, my head spun almost bad enough to have me pull over, and my stomach felt like the first time I ever got really drunk as a kid.

I heard a certain Mexican/Cuban cigar can do this to you...lol...

I was bored tonight and all my friends were busy, so I decided to go out and have a few smokes while I read a book on the deck. I'm new to cigar smoking and just have a few samplers to smoke. I reached in the humidor to grab a few sticks that I haven't tried yet. The victims?

1) Joya de Nicarauga anejo

I've never smoked more than one cigar in a sitting, but tonight called for 2 :thumbs:

First was the Joya, of which I have to say was not all that great in my opinion. It was just a boring smoke for me. The Torano I enjoyed even though the draw was extremely extremely light...it had a decent flavor to it. Anyway I got up when I was finished and felt the first little 'buzz' (if that's the correct term) from smoking cigars. I'm not a cig smoker either.

Enjoyable night!

I made a mistake on Saturday, smoked a RP SG Robusto with a year of humi time on it (it was awesome BTW) down to a less than an inch nub, brushed my teeth and laid down to go to sleep.

Didn't notice the nicotine buzz until I laid down, but when it hit me it was like a sledgehammer.

LOL ended up staying up another hour and drinking some OJ before feeling safe enough to try to lay back down again.

Those Joya de Nicarauga anejos are pretty strong cigars, at least the reserva I had was, surprised you thought it was bland.

Are you possibly talking about the Joya de Nicarauga Antano?
If so they are AWESOME!

-Rob

I haven't noted a nic buzz since I was smoking butts. However, another symptom for me is a tightness in the throat and occasionally, hiccoughs.

1) Joya de Nicarauga anejo

Enjoyable night!

Are you possibly talking about the Joya de Nicarauga Antano?
If so they are AWESOME!

-Rob

Yeah that's what i meant...I need to fix my original post. Maybe the one I had was just bad or needed some aging. The one I had was really bland/boring.

i've never felt woozy or buzzed yet, i haven't smoked a strong enough cigar, but i have had a headache after smoking before.