• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Flor Dominicana

Imagine

Hey guys,

I've been a member here for a little over 2 years, and don't post very often, and most of my time is spent just absorbing the wealth of information you all have to offer. One thing I haven't been able to find information on are the Flor Dominicana Limited Series "A" double liergo. I was just wondering if any of you had tried this stick or had heard anything about it either positive or negative. Any help is appreciated, and I hope everyone is expecting a great stogie-filled thanksgiving.

JP

Hi Imagine,
I've never tried the A size but I've smoked LFD Double Ligero in a few other sizes. Because you wrote that this is a limited A size, I'm not sure it's the same blend. If the blend is in fact the same, it's a good cigar. Many people feel it's a very strong cigar.

I've had a couple of the LFD 'A' in the oscuro wrapper . . . so I'm assuming unless there's TWO lines of the A oscuros these were the double ligero. I'd have to check the box at my local B&M; I believe they still have some.

Great smoke---long lasting, potent, beautiful burn. 'Bout $18 here.

~Boar

I smoked one of these at an LFD event, was really great. Excellent draw, very even burn, solid flavors and VERY strong throughout. Had me feeling queasy towards the end, but a great stick nonetheless.

They are good cigars, but quite a bit to handle in that size if you're not accustom to them. Jack Schwartz in Chicago has them, www.jackschwartz.com.

I smoked one of these at an LFD event, was really great. Excellent draw, very even burn, solid flavors and VERY strong throughout. Had me feeling queasy towards the end, but a great stick nonetheless.

Joe, only turned about 2 shades of green, so it must have been a good stick. :laugh:

I picked one up on a trip and it sure looks tasty. No doubt will be a powerhouse as well.

They are good cigars, but quite a bit to handle in that size if you're not accustom to them. Jack Schwartz in Chicago has them, www.jackschwartz.com.
I looked on their site & couldn't find the LE A's.These sticks are around 12" long.

These are classic Litto smokes with a BIG punch at the end, I have seen this stick make many men quezzy. I personally love them, the darker, oilier the wrapper, the more excited I get.

This smoke is a creaper, it starts off smooth, leaving you feel that "ehhh this isn't strong, it's kinda mild with a good flavor, and hints of oscuro sweetness" But then BAM !! your sitting down waiting for this thing to end, wishing the end would come soon, but not soon enough because your enjoying it that much. Then it's over, and your left NOT wanting another smoke.

BTW... Call Eric or Billy at JackSchwartz and tell them that you want a box... they will treat you right. IF you talk to Eric, tell him I said he's a punk.

Wow, I appreciate all the help. Sounds like I did well in picking up a 5 pack from CBid for just under 45 bucks :p

I plan on giving a couple to my buddy for his birthday this coming Saturday along with a bottle of top shelf scotch. Should make for a great night.

Thanks again!

Excellent cigar. Starts off smooth, then smacks you in the face. I have 2 boxes.

I have several boxes and they are a great smoke. It's like a DL Oscuro lancero on steroids. If you like the lancero, you'll love the A.

Serious Cigars in Houston has singles and boxes in stock and sells online. LINK

I stopped buying things on C-Bid. Great deals, but all too often what arrived didn't seem to be of the same quality as supposedly identical cigars, or comparable ones from the same makers, bought elsewhere.

'Cept for the K. Hansotia X3 Triple Ligeros. Those things rocked.

~Boar

Serious Cigars in Houston has singles and boxes in stock and sells online. LINK

I stopped buying things on C-Bid. Great deals, but all too often what arrived didn't seem to be of the same quality as supposedly identical cigars, or comparable ones from the same makers, bought elsewhere.

'Cept for the K. Hansotia X3 Triple Ligeros. Those things rocked.

~Boar

Yeah, I've always been wary about buying from them, and have done so only a couple times, but I think I lucked out. They're in great condition, and I have little doubt that they are what the seller claimed they were. I'm letting them calm down in my humidor till thanksgiving. I can't wait to present a couple of these bad boys to my cigar buddies back home.

I have never tried it, but I hear it's really, really good.