• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fly Fishing for Bass or anything really

Petthefish

Reaction score
So I grew up along the Delta in California fishing for bass. My brother still fishes tournaments out of Tracy almost every weekend. Well When I was about 16 I picked up the fly rod and started trout fishing. After I moved to Oregon I got into fly fishing for big stuff Salmon steelhead and what not. Well just last year I got some flies given to me for Bass on the fly I have to say what a thrill it is. Getting a big old bucket mouth to come flying out of the water for the fly will get your juices flowing. So Does anyone else on here fly fish for Bass? What else do you fly fish for? rp

Absolutely! We have some great bass waters around here. We have far more bass water than trout water. Largemouth bass can be incredible on the fly and if you hook one with any size on a 5 wt. rod then you are in for a massive battle. Smallmouth bass is also a good choice around here and, since they have a little different feeding style, they can be a challenge. Carp fishing is entertaining despite being ugly...they are indeed the poor man's bonefish and they will do all they can to tear your arms off of your body.

I learned to fly fish for smallmouth. I have since learned to do much more!

I make at least two trips every year to fish for salmon and steelhead up north. I also make a couple of trips to the trout waters in Eastern Tennessee. Fun stuff. I fly fish for about anything and have enough gear to suit up for anything from surf to carp to bass to all varieties of trout.

There are many irrigation ponds near my house that are packed with small mouth. They are a hoot to wrestle with using a 4 wt.

I also grew up fishing the Delta, Clear lake and all up and down Cali. Started flyfishing for steelies on the San Lorenzo River. Got into tournies, till I move North. Fly fished for bass and crappies. Want to fish Davis lake which is fly only and there are some real TOADS in that lake. Someday.

Now I enjoy most of the bounty in Central Oregon.

Paul

I also grew up fishing the Delta, Clear lake and all up and down Cali. Started flyfishing for steelies on the San Lorenzo River. Got into tournies, till I move North. Fly fished for bass and crappies. Want to fish Davis lake which is fly only and there are some real TOADS in that lake. Someday.

Now I enjoy most of the bounty in Central Oregon.

Paul

Yeah you are in Gods Country over there i make it over the Coyote hunting and fly fishing the crooked and Deschutes rivers quite often rp