• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Flying Saucer Beer Fest

Bsneed51

Habitual Threadjacker!
Recieved an email from the Flying Saucer here in KC about their upcoming First Annual KC Beer Fest. Apparently you can purchase a tasting card for $20, and that gets you 10 tastings and you get to keep the special tasting glass plus they are having live bands, etc. My question is, since I know the Saucer has other locations around the country, have any of you ever been to one of their events, and is it worth while to attend? I figure it's only $20, and I know they are getting at least 1 beer made special just for the event. Just curious if others have attended.

On an unrelated note, they are tapping a keg of Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout next Thursday. I can't wait.

The TX locations have anniversary events like this that are fantastic. I'd expect a good amount of dry hopped and cask conditioned selections possibly with some vintage higher ABV stuff. The Houston location is doing one this Sunday with kegs of Stone Vertical Epic (they didn't specify the year), Saint Arnold DR8 (2 years old), and Breckenridge Summerbright aged in Cabernet Barrels to name a few.

BTW that is so wrong to tease with the CBS info. That is on top of my list of beers to try.

Wow I found a post on Beer Advocate about this...Black Biscuit is another one of my all time wants. :thumbs:

Some beers to look forward to at the festival or in the store that day include Founder's Black Biscut, Avery 17, Grand Teton Whiskey Doppebock, Moylan's Moylander Double IPA, Boulevard Dark Truth, 2009 Avery Kaiser, Big Sky Double IPA, Dieu du Ciel Peche Mortel - ALL DRAUGHT.

When are they having one around DFW? I tried to search on the web, but had no luck!

The Addison location had their anniversary party back in February. I stopped in and had a pint of SN Life & Limb before a Mavs game but they had a lot of different stuff on tap that they usually don't have. It was pretty low key compared to the Houston and Austin locations that advertise heavily. I literally heard about it on Beer Advocate from a random member the day of the event and decided to stop in before the game.

Recieved an email from the Flying Saucer here in KC about their upcoming First Annual KC Beer Fest. Apparently you can purchase a tasting card for $20, and that gets you 10 tastings and you get to keep the special tasting glass plus they are having live bands, etc. My question is, since I know the Saucer has other locations around the country, have any of you ever been to one of their events, and is it worth while to attend? I figure it's only $20, and I know they are getting at least 1 beer made special just for the event. Just curious if others have attended.

On an unrelated note, they are tapping a keg of Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout next Thursday. I can't wait.

I went on Saturday. It was a good time. I was driving so I didn't get inside for any of the special tappings. It was nice to try a lot of beers that I have never had on draft. Some highlights for me were the Goose Island Sofie, Sierra Nevada Fritz and Ken's, Boulevard Dark Truth, Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin and the Schlafly Bourbon Barrel Stout.

The Ft Worth Flying Saucer Beer Fest

10/2

The 5th Annual Flying Saucer Beerfest
Time: Noon - 10 p.m.
Location: Flying Saucer Parking Lot (bordered by 3rd Street, 4th Street, Main Street, and Commerce Street)
Admission: Free

I might have to stop by.

Nice...I'll be looking for their beer list. They're boasting 30 beers...hopefully that means stuff that isn't regularly available.

That sucks I will be in Houston that weekend. Hope you guys enjoy it, looks like it will be a blast.

They put up a beer list on their site. I'm very interested in the 2007 Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and the Saint Arnold Weedwacker.

http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/fortworth