• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Follow up to Yowzah!

Thanks for the insight, Nick. Anything you hear on the news, it's hit or miss as far as what the truth actually is. I believe I heard it on the Clay and Buck Show, driving back from Tulsa. I truly can't remember. Who knows. It's kinda like Missouri running ads to gamble more "for the kids".(a cut allegedly goes to the schools.). Thanks for checking into it.

Floyd T
Don't get me started on lotteries and education. If they really used it for education, teachers wouldn't live in poverty!

Don't get me started on lotteries and education. If they really used it for education, teachers wouldn't live in poverty!
What they have done is, instead of ADDING the gambling monies to the existing Ed budget, they depleted the budget and use the gaming money in its' place. Kentucky did it and I'm pretty sure Missouri has done it. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a shortage of money. I've never seen a politician who could leave a pot of money alone, that was supposed to be for ONE cause. If it's there, they'll spend(steal) it.

Floyd T

As an investor who plans to sell at some point, I hope this corrects itself. Yea, I can say I’m sitting pretty since I’ve been buying pretty steady since 2013, but I have no desire to send every shipment to China when I do sell. I’d rather spread the wealth! That and shipping conus to that blue collar worker with a extra disposable income is my preference.
Speaking of blue collar… This just prices us out of the game. It’s the same thing Wine Spectator and the Chinese did to certain Napa Valley, and French Bordeaux wines in the 90’s. That really never corrected itself with those brands.

I'm truly interested in how the local Euros are dealing with the price increases and if the are going the NC route.

One thing I've noticed when clicking through the links some vendors post here are just how many NC are also available on their sites. Used to be maybe they'd have an offering or two that was NC. I have to think there's more demand now for them if they're stocking so much more.

One thing I've noticed when clicking through the links some vendors post here are just how many NC are also available on their sites. Used to be maybe they'd have an offering or two that was NC. I have to think there's more demand now for them if they're stocking so much more.
This⬆️. I have noticed a explosion of NC sticks showing up on typical CC vendors, clearly trying to fill the void of the regular joes who cant drop a ton of cash on the ISOM's.

I actually had a discussion with someone last night here who is also friends with the LCdH owners, so I have a little bit of an update to my previous post concerning pricing and the closure of lounges here in NL. LCdH here is flourishing despite it all. On the CC side, most of their sales are to China, and have actually increased this year. He said he is not expecting prices to decrease again anytime soon, if ever. To hedge this (though, apparently, the plan had been in the works for some time) Ray, the owner, just opened up a new store in The Hague specializing in NCs. Next time I'm in the area I plan on stopping in to see him. I know that the taxes on tobacco here make NCs quite a bit more expensive than we pay in the US, but that's normal pricing for locals.

I actually had a discussion with someone last night here who is also friends with the LCdH owners, so I have a little bit of an update to my previous post concerning pricing and the closure of lounges here in NL. LCdH here is flourishing despite it all. On the CC side, most of their sales are to China, and have actually increased this year. He said he is not expecting prices to decrease again anytime soon, if ever. To hedge this (though, apparently, the plan had been in the works for some time) Ray, the owner, just opened up a new store in The Hague specializing in NCs. Next time I'm in the area I plan on stopping in to see him. I know that the taxes on tobacco here make NCs quite a bit more expensive than we pay in the US, but that's normal pricing for locals.
Yeah in particular Ashton, arturo fuente and padron are very pricey here. @kann how is this new store called. I'm going of a cigar road trip in oktober just to familiarize myself with all B&M in the netherlands.

Man, that's crazy. I'm not sure which La Aroma de Cuba that is, but the regular ol' plain Jane version with the red ribbon on the foot is less than $6/ea (shipped!) for robusto here if purchased in a box of 24.

Even doing the $US to $CAN conversion, that's still over $22ea for the La Aroma de Cuba.

Last edited:
Aye, considering that the Euro is about equal to the greenback right now.
That and the place is an amazing lounge. I was really impressed with it when I saw it a few years back