• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For newbies like me...

BrewMeister

The Titus Pullo of CP
Hello all,

If you are like me, you slaughter the proper pronunciation of many cigars. Here is a website that plays a .wav file pronouncing each name listed... I actually thought I knew how to pronounce "PUNCH" well according to this fellow, not quite.
:thumbs:
84.gif

Excellent site! I took 5 years of Spanish... its good to see its paid off in my annunciation of ISOM brand names! hahahaha :sign:

;) Thanks for sharing,
Darren

3 years of Spanish for me, plus my wife is Hispanic. The only one that kinda threw me was "H. Uppman".

Cool site.

Those are the Spanish pronunciations of each brand, not necessarily what we would or should call them here. Most people here probably don't pronounce Mexico like Meh-he-ko. That's because the English and Spanish pronunciations are different. Just my $.02.

That guy has great pronunciation. I do detect a hint of the Castillian in him, though, as he pronounced the z in "Sancho Panza" with a bit of a "th" sound.

I think it's OK to pronounce Uppmann and Punch as the English do.

After all, "Punch" is named after a famous English cartoon character.

The only one I didn't know was Quai D'Orsay (I dont' even know if I spelled that right)

I said Anejo wrong and Eric got so pissed. Then I went to the other local shop to get some sharks and he said it with a nice southern Twang!

when i went to the nat sherman store, i wanted to buy a Padron Anniversary '64.

i pronounced it pad-ron. the guy looked down on me and said... " A Pa-dron...?"

is there any domestic ones that aren't pronounced as they look?

Old school trick taught to me about rolling r's is to repeat 'atta boy' really fast numerous time and after a bit the r's roll quite nicely.....