• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For the Newbies..

Lets just say that I've received some PM's. Last thing I want to do is anger anyone or cause any trouble. I just want this post to end before I get in any more trouble, make anybody else mad, or stick my foot in my mouth (which I'm good at).

I for one would love to see those PM's. Feel free to remove the names
Ditto on what Matt said. Please feel free to forward the contents of such PMs to me. I won't make trouble for you but I would really like to know what beef members have for a guy who is liking this place enough to take the risk to share what he's learned, both for feedback and for the benefit of other new members. This really burns me the heck up.

Sorry Wilkey, I respect the heck out of you, but I gotta ask this:

Once he forwards you the PM, then what? Will you go public with it? Scold the person who sent him the PM in private or publicly? I thought PM stood for Private Message?

For what it is worth, I don't think the contents of a private message(except possibly in the case of a sell/trade gone bad) are anyone elses business. Ugaman should feel perfectly free to contact the sender of the PM and ask them for a further explanation, or a clarification, or tell them to pound sand, but I don't think sharing PM's is anyone elses business.

FYI....I've never PM'd Ugaman, but if I did, and he shared it with others, it would really piss me off.

The PM's were asked to be sent with the name of the sender removed. No one wanted to scold anyne just see what had too be said.

I wouldn't mind finding out myself. However, the P part means private. Here, that rule is, or should be sacrosanct unless forfeited by the sender.

It seems as though my post has angered some of the members here so I've removed it. Sorry to everyone who I've "rubbed" the wrong way. It wasn't my intention at all.
Cheers,
Chad
Huh, that was a good post, you haven't angered anyone, what on earth gave you that impression ???

It's not good form to remove posts, that may anger some :D

Brian

Lets just say that I've received some PM's. Last thing I want to do is anger anyone or cause any trouble. I just want this post to end before I get in any more trouble, make anybody else mad, or stick my foot in my mouth (which I'm good at).

I for one would love to see those PM's. Feel free to remove the names
That would be very interesting.

Brian

Anybody that sent you a PM telling you you were wrong or that you should delete the post was wrong.

As far as I can tell, you're not in any "trouble" around here. Maybe I'm missing something?

Sure, some commented on your message (and others after it), but that's what we do here. People post their thoughts/observations and they are discussed. A little criticism is part of the game a lot of times. We're not always going to agree on everything said around here or the way someone says it. That's life.

I don't want to see the PMs (they are private, after all), but if they accuse you of doing wrong and suggest you should delete posts they aren't from anyone that knows what they're talking about.

If there are physical threats, that's a whole other ball game and the messages should be made public.

It's simple: CP BOTLs don't like ass-faces.

???

I've heard of ass-hats, but ass-faces? Was that a general statement, or directed at someone? I'm confused.

Ass-faces are like ass-hats, but with more surface area covered by said ass on the face of the aforementioned ass-face, in parallel to an ass-hat, whom is only wearing an ass on their head.

Shit... what else do you want me to say?

Ah! I get it now. :thumbs: :laugh:

:laugh:

It seems as though my post has angered some of the members here so I've removed it. Sorry to everyone who I've "rubbed" the wrong way. It wasn't my intention at all.
Cheers,
Chad

I suspect that your only mistake was to steal the thunder of a few who believe it to be their job to whip newbies into shape ;)

Um, yeah from a fellow newb trying to make a contribution here, keep doing what your'e doing Ugaman! We may be newbs, but we will never become FOG's by backing down and not doing what we can to improve the community as a whole!