• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

For those of you who don't like tattoos

Tony Bones

Grundalier
Did I mention that I have a small tattoo?

back.jpeg

Just got it finished up. 17 hours in the chair. For those familiar w/ the ways of the needle, this is a job that most artists would take 25+ hours on. I told my guy that I'd rather deal w/ more pain over less time than vice-versa. He obliged.

It tingled.

Nice. Wish the Koi Fish in my pond looked like that. :thumbs:

Bet it'll tingle for a while. :D

Wow! Awesome looking.

I thought they usually do big pieces like that over several sessions?

other1 said:
Wow! Awesome looking.

I thought they usually do big pieces like that over several sessions?
They do. I would sit for two or three hours at a time.

As far as meaning goes:

-The fish swimming w/ the current (down-stream) signifies flow
-The fish swimming against the current (up-stream) signifies struggle

The Jimmy The Greek style pinstriping in the middle was from a while back. It don't signify nuffin'. I just like pinstriping :)

I've got my son's name in an old-school heart surrounded by stars on my left deltoid. I'll get my future child's name on my right.

Nice work man!!! I bet you are proud. From now on go places without a shirt. LOL

How much does it cost to get something like that done?

other1 said:
How much does it cost to get something like that done?
Hmmm...shop rate in good Seattle-area studios is about $125-150 per hour. About $2500-$3000.

Good thing I had a friend who owed me a favor :)

Seriously nice ink man. :thumbs: Are you using anything to help the healing process? I used Neosporin on my second one and it healed much faster then the first one did, albeit they were smaller tats.

AVB said:
Seriously nice ink man. :thumbs: Are you using anything to help the healing process? I used Neosporin on my second one and it healed much faster then the first one did, albeit they were smaller tats.
Doh! Neosporin. That stuff will pull the ink to the surface. I use Aquafor. You can use good old Vitamin E too.

For some reason I'm a fast healer so I usually only need to apply healing ointment for two days. Then I use a water-based lotion like Lubriderm to keep things moist and avoid scabbing. After a week I go to town w/ the scrub brush to remove any surface stuff and keep at it w/ the lotion.

Tony Bones said:
Doh! Neosporin. That stuff will pull the ink to the surface. I use Aquafor. You can use good old Vitamin E too.
Old wives tale. Anything that helps prevent seeping or limits it will keep more ink in. Are there better products out now, yes but I got my last tat 20 years ago so Neosporin was one of the better things to use at that time. Either way, still nice ink.

WOW!!!!

Very nice work man... I love the work!

Iam a huge tattoo fan, Ill post some of mine when I have some time.

-matt

AVB said:
Tony Bones said:
Old wives tale. Anything that helps prevent seeping or limits it will keep more ink in. Are there better products out now, yes but I got my last tat 20 years ago so Neosporin was one of the better things to use at that time. Either way, still nice ink.
Whatever gets the job done brother, whatever gets it done :)

Great work. Got a few small ones myself. Lookin at a Koi for awhile just never went and got it yet.

thats pretty cool. ive always wanted to get a cigar band tattoed around my arm or leg but i dont think i could decide on a brand.

WOW...Your guy is an arteeeeeeeest!!!!!!
Great work brotha Bones, now all you need are two large bones crossing over each other like an X. :)