• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Forbidden X and Opus X Perfecxion X compared

Forbidden X is my no.1 favorite cigar. the perfection x is my favorite size opus!

Diesel Grinch said:
Arturo Fuente Opus X Forbidden X 2005 - 6 1/4 x 48

Are these worth it at the price of $50 for two?
[snapback]196575[/snapback]​

That is a differenct cigar than the one I reviewed.

I came into some very interesting info on the black-banded Forbidden X cigars from the Platinum DVD set.

These cigars are actually the same exact cigar that comes (well, will come) in the Cigar in the Bottle package.

The filler is the Opus X tobacco blend that is cured in Calvados barrels... the same barrels that are used for aging the Calvados Grand Pommier. The wrapper is Dominican sun-grown corojo wrapper picked from the mid-section of the plant, grown on Chateau d'Fuente.

This explains why these cigars are similar to Opus, but something different and exquisite altogether!

The cigar store that had the TAA event (Siglo in Newport/Costa Mesa California) had tons of individual Forbidden X's on sale.

Yes, they were the individual ones in the glass tube.

Unfortunately they were $36 each + tax! Ouch!

The Platinum DVD set is probably the best value.

chewbacco said:
The cigar store that had the TAA event (Siglo in Newport/Costa Mesa California) had tons of individual Forbidden X's on sale.
[snapback]229207[/snapback]​

Which ones though? The black banded Forbidden X's?

moki said:
I came into some very interesting info on the black-banded Forbidden X cigars from the Platinum DVD set.

Got any ideas where I can get some more of these? (I'd like to buy a couple since I gave away my last one :) )

moki said:
fx_ox_comparison.jpg

Where's the quarter??

moki said:
chewbacco said:

[snapback]229212[/snapback]​

Hmm, don't quite remember. It looked liked the one from the DVD set...
But, don't quite remember what color the bands were from the DVD set :whistling:
I think they were black...

chewbacco said:
moki said:
chewbacco said:

[snapback]229212[/snapback]​

Hmm, don't quite remember. It looked liked the one from the DVD set...
But, don't quite remember what color the bands were from the DVD set :whistling:
I think they were black...
[snapback]229226[/snapback]​
Yes Moki...Chewy is correct, they are the Forbidden X from the gift sets. They took all of the cigars out of the sets and put them on sale individually...it's a sin, I know...but they did. And they are $36 a piece...robbery. :angry2:

-Fetter

Fetter,
ask them if you buy three, get one free!

LOL!

fetterjohn said:
Yes Moki...Chewy is correct, they are the Forbidden X from the gift sets. They took all of the cigars out of the sets and put them on sale individually...it's a sin, I know...but they did. And they are $36 a piece...robbery. :angry2:

-Fetter
[snapback]229238[/snapback]​

Reason I ask is there is more than one gift set with cigars in 'em called "Forbidden X" -- but it's only the black band Platinum sets that are these special cigars.

In any event, yeah, $36 a pop is pretty ridiculous.

I've now smoked two of the Forbiddens and here are my thoughts.

The cigar has no where near the spice and nose of a regular Opus. It is obviously well aged, and therefore the spice is muted. The cigar tastes almost exactly like an Opus Series X 2. The 2 is an unreleased aged Opus. The first ones I smoked were in 1999 when Carlito handed me about a dozen at the RTDA. I then smoked one sitting on the veranda at Chateau De La Fuente in Feb 2000 while visitng Carlito.

The Forbidden is a great cigar if you are looking for that aged Opus profile.

The Master said:
I've now smoked two of the Forbiddens and here are my thoughts.

The cigar has no where near the spice and nose of a regular Opus. It is obviously well aged, and therefore the spice is muted. The cigar tastes almost exactly like an Opus Series X 2. The 2 is an unreleased aged Opus. The first ones I smoked were in 1999 when Carlito handed me about a dozen at the RTDA. I then smoked one sitting on the veranda at Chateau De La Fuente in Feb 2000 while visitng Carlito.

The Forbidden is a great cigar if you are looking for that aged Opus profile.
[snapback]229382[/snapback]​

Never had a Series X 2, but I've had aged (02 or older) opus, and I agree with it being similar to older opus, but I just gotta say there is something TOTALLY different about this cigar. True, I've only smoked one out of the 6 I've come across and now only have four resting, but it is just the best thing I've ever smoked. I'll have to make a special reason to fire another one up!

Great compare/contrast though Master. :thumbs:

KayakinBoy said:
Never had a Series X 2, but I've had aged (02 or older) opus, and I agree with it being similar to older opus, but I just gotta say there is something TOTALLY different about this cigar. True, I've only smoked one out of the 6 I've come across and now only have four resting, but it is just the best thing I've ever smoked. I'll have to make a special reason to fire another one up!

Great compare/contrast though Master. :thumbs:
[snapback]229576[/snapback]​

Different wrapper, different curing process... right you are :)

I have 4 Forbidden X's. I am going to smoke one in the near future, just to see what they taste like. The other 3 are for my wedding night. One for me, my father, and my future father in-law. My old man got me two of the cigars out of a box. The other two, I got out of the LE Platinum DVD set. All four have a red band around the glass tube, but a black band around the cedar of the cigar. Moki, are these the ones you rated or do I have something different? Are these part of the 20,000 that were made or do I have something different? If they are different, can you point me in the right direction so that I can find out how they were aged and produced? Thanks for your help.

Matt

bchem said:
I have 4 Forbidden X's. I am going to smoke one in the near future, just to see what they taste like. The other 3 are for my wedding night. One for me, my father, and my future father in-law. My old man got me two of the cigars out of a box. The other two, I got out of the LE Platinum DVD set. All four have a red band around the glass tube, but a black band around the cedar of the cigar. Moki, are these the ones you rated or do I have something different? Are these part of the 20,000 that were made or do I have something different? If they are different, can you point me in the right direction so that I can find out how they were aged and produced? Thanks for your help.

Matt
[snapback]229598[/snapback]​

The ones I am talking about are these:

84.jpg