• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Forty Pounds of Pig and an '02 Upmann Mag 46

BobbyRitz

You're Fired, Daddy.
Time to start an overnight cook for my niece's 1st birthday party. Forty pounds of Boston butts. I decided to crack a box of '02 Mag 46s.

This cook should be over around 8 or 9am tomorrow morning.

IMG_9350-1.jpg

IMG_9353.jpg

IMG_9354.jpg

IMG_9357.jpg

I don't believe I received my invite. Pay no attention to the drool. I think you should wrap them in bacon, though, just to be on the safe side.

Those boston butts have the wrong band, do you have the original boxes?

You may wanna cook that a little longer...looks a bit rare.

Looking good. I am a backyard BBQ man myself. I do enjoy sitting by the smoker, smoking a cigar, and have an adult beverage or two. Make sure we see the finished product!

Those boston butts have the wrong band, do you have the original boxes?

The bands were reapplied. How could I have the original boxes if the diplomat I received them from stored them in Reynolds wrap? They're authentic...believe me.

You may wanna cook that a little longer...looks a bit rare.

I like my pork on the extra rare side. I've been trying to figure out how to convert my smoker to a sear station.

Looking good. I am a backyard BBQ man myself. I do enjoy sitting by the smoker, smoking a cigar, and have an adult beverage or two. Make sure we see the finished product!

Absolutely!

I'm sure my inivte got lost in the mail....but I'll forgive you.....:p

Looks awesome, Rob..!! Have a great time with the family....sounds like a great time....!!

Cheers - B.B.S.

Looks awesome, Rob..!! Have a great time with the family....sounds like a great time....!!

Cheers - B.B.S.

Thanks Tom! I hope all is well with you and yours. Damn USPS! :shakes fist:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Looks like he forgot quite a few of us Tom! :angry:

Good stuff Rob! Hope you guys have a great day!

I have known Rob for over 60 years and have purchased Boston butts from him more times than I can count. Each and every time they were spot on in their freshness, USDA stamping, and taste....there is no way in Hell he would sell or use fake butts! Why would he? He can get any butt he wants. Have any of you ever seen his butt collection? I think not...

Please take this pork witch hunt to PM and out of the public eye...a long time member's barbecuing reputation is at stake here!

BTW...what time is dinner being served tomorrow? :D

I have known Rob for over 60 years and have purchased Boston butts from him more times than I can count. Each and every time they were spot on in their freshness, USDA stamping, and taste....there is no way in Hell he would sell or use fake butts! Why would he? He can get any butt he wants. Have any of you ever seen his butt collection? I think not...

Please take this pork witch hunt to PM and out of the public eye...a long time member's barbecuing reputation is at stake here!

BTW...what time is dinner being served tomorrow? :D
Classic! :laugh:

First and last time I cook with the skin on. It turned out good, but it could have used the additional flavor that comes with more bark.

IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9379.jpg

IMG_9380.jpg

Enough about the butts, how was that Mag 46? :love:

Fantastic. I'm of the opinion that ECA box code Upmann's are some of the best cigars that were rolled in Cuba in 2002. I haven't had a bad one.

Man..that smoker looks like R2D2 went to the Dark Side!

I may have to break out the smoker this weekend...MMMMM...nice!!!

As for the 'skin on', go naked and give the pig a BACON blanket!

Never done em with the skin on... I always trim up up as much as I can, there's plenty of fat in butts to keep em moist!

I love your taste in smokers! I got that same model, and I've been very happy with it.

They sure look good.

Where the HELL was my invitation?

Well, thank the lord I am so busy I would have to had turned down the invite. So what did you do with the rind? When I was a kid we would cut and fry that up for cracklings. Now I gotta find some butt around here and see if I can do a half azz job of screwing up a good thing. PS... You deserve the drool for making ussit here with our mouths wide open. Looks GOOD.