• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fountain Pens 2023 - Anyone?

This reminds me of the straight-razor thread from a bunch of years ago where everyone decided to start shaving like the Civil War days because someone posted about their face scratchin' setup.

Well... that happend on another forum and I fell victim, though I stopped at a safety razor and never went all the way over the edge... lol

I promise that if I end up buying a bunch more pens and decide to buy a storage box, I won't make the same mistake I made with my first humidor. I recall telling my wife, "I can't image I'd ever have more than 25 cigars, so I'm sure this one will be plenty big enough!"

Ha!

I promise that if I end up buying a bunch more pens and decide to buy a storage box, I won't make the same mistake I made with my first humidor. I recall telling my wife, "I can't image I'd ever have more than 25 cigars, so I'm sure this one will be plenty big enough!"

Ha!
Toyooka Craft makes some fantastic pen storage... https://www.toyocraft.com/en/home

I have one of their small pen trays on my desk at work.

I am getting a storage solution figured out here at home and will likely do leather pen cases 25 cout or something similar. I usually just keep 2-3 pens inked and will keep those on top of my desk on a pen holder.

This reminds me of the straight-razor thread from a bunch of years ago where everyone decided to start shaving like the Civil War days because someone posted about their face scratchin' setup.
Now you may laugh, bit during Covid I decided I would learn how to shave with a straight razor. Took some learning but I did it!

Best shave I ever had was an Arab barber on the sidewalk in Amman Jordan.

Don't sell yourself short - the Varsity is a decent pen, plus the fact that they are disposable makes them convenient. There are ways to refill them (I have not ever tried it), but I didn't see the need. The Platinum Preppy is also a good one to check out in the same category.
Looks interesting, I will try it.

Now you may laugh, bit during Covid I decided I would learn how to shave with a straight razor. Took some learning but I did it!

Best shave I ever had was an Arab barber on the sidewalk in Amman Jordan.
Not that I shave very often, but I think I'm just too lazy to do the whole wet-shave ritual. It interests me, but being honest with myself, I don't think it is something I would stick with.

When were you in Amman? I was there for about 6 months in 2006. I wanted to get a shave and haircut when we were in the hotel before I came home, but this was just a few weeks after the terrorist bombings there, so we were "highly discouraged" (read: prohibited) from letting anyone approach our throat with a bladed instrument.

Not that I shave very often, but I think I'm just too lazy to do the whole wet-shave ritual. It interests me, but being honest with myself, I don't think it is something I would stick with.

When were you in Amman? I was there for about 6 months in 2006. I wanted to get a shave and haircut when we were in the hotel before I came home, but this was just a few weeks after the terrorist bombings there, so we were "highly discouraged" (read: prohibited) from letting anyone approach our throat with a bladed instrument.

If you cant trust a barber with a bladed instrument at the throat, then who can you trust?

I was there for a month about 10 times between 2012 and 2019. We had our local interpreter find us a barber downtown neat the Sheraton.
I have been doing brush and soap since I was in my 20's. Nothing beats it. A few years ago I went back to the old double edged safety razor. I find it works as well as the multi blades. The straight raxor takes a double edged blade but it was interesting to say the least learning. Does do an amazing shave.

I went to the San Francisco International Pen Show with Diamond Lion on Saturday. It was a good day, and I may or may not have picked up a bauble or two. Here's the haul ---

A bag from Rickshaw Bagworks

Retro 51 Seigaiha - an exclusive for Rickshaw

Gravitas Pens Universe

Schon Design Full Size Ultem

Carolina Pen Company / Jonathan Brooks custom resin

Desiderata Pen Co. BAMF

Which pen is mine? It is the one that says "Bad A$$ Motherfu**er on it"

What are these instruments you say? I thought we just typed everything on little handheld screens anymore…

Wow - love that collection of Safaris and that Iroshizuku ink... Kon Peki is a great blue!

I have a TWSBI Diamond 580ALR in Black with a broad nib enroute for a project at work I am starting... unfortunately my secretary said NO if I asked if the school would order it for me... go figure... lol!

Funny you should mention the Kon Peki. I was never a huge fan of blue ink, but the Kon Peki just pops and has become my favorite color.

Funny you should mention the Kon Peki. I was never a huge fan of blue ink, but the Kon Peki just pops and has become my favorite color.

My favorite color is green, and I like a variety of greens for darker forest type greens to stuff getting into blue-green. I also like orange ink for some reason lol. I like being in meetings at work and signing official education documents in odd colors lol.

There are so many great inks... too many to remember... Have you checked out Anderillium, Robert Oster, or Colorverse inks?

My favorite color is green, and I like a variety of greens for darker forest type greens to stuff getting into blue-green. I also like orange ink for some reason lol. I like being in meetings at work and signing official education documents in odd colors lol.

There are so many great inks... too many to remember... Have you checked out Anderillium, Robert Oster, or Colorverse inks?

I've been sticking with Iroshizuku inks for now but will expand to others in the near future. I'll be sure to add those suggestions to my list. Lately, I've been signing documents are work in different colors and my manager just shakes his head haha

Picked up a new TWSBI Diamond 580ALR (Broad) for a work project...

IMG_3557.JPGIMG_3558.JPG

I'm going to start our department sending out handwritten postcards to students at home with positive messages, etc. Of course mine will be done with a fountain pen and bizarre ink colors. Next I need to finalize the design of the custom postcards and find local donors for ink and postcard stamps.

I need to either step up my game or stop reading this thread!

I've also started hand writing notes to my team members with my fountain pen. The company color is maroon, so I'm considering buying another pen with that color ink for such purposes.