• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Free Davidoff..............

My C.C. was billed on the 21 st, so if they shipped the day they billed, it should be comming soon.

Good eye! I bit.

The B&M of that site cracks me up. If you're buying singles there, they hand you a velvet-lined wooden tray as a "shopping cart" :p A little too high-class for me....but I suppose when in Rome....

Cheers,
Dixie

Recieved my Zino Grand Master a few min. ago. The foot appears to have evidence of mold. There are 4 small gray fuzzy specs. After viewing under a magnifying glass, I'm convinced it's mold. It ain't going in my humidor. Comments would be appreciated. Will prob. smoke it tonight.

Doc.

Devil Doc said:
Recieved my Zino Grand Master a few min. ago. The foot appears to have evidence of mold. There are 4 small gray fuzzy specs. After viewing under a magnifying glass, I'm convinced it's mold. It ain't going in my humidor. Comments would be appreciated. Will prob. smoke it tonight.

Doc.
[snapback]268732[/snapback]​

Mine should be coming soon, hope its not moldy. Sending out moldy sticks isn’t a very good way to gain customers. Please let us know if it is DD.

Just got mine today...it looks good with out any signs of mold. But you can tell it was very wet were it was shipped from...N.Y. It has swollen slightly and the band has dug into the wrapper...there is an obvious crease around both sides of the band and a slightly torn wrapper there, too. Not a big deal though...I'll just fix it and let it rest for a month so it mellows out a bit...then fire the thing up a give a review.

-Fetter

Funny,

I too got mine today!
Dang fetterjohn...copycat!

I openned mine up and it seemed to be in good condition...very loose, not dense at all. I'm not sure if this is how the cigar is normally.

Otherwise, it doesn't seem to have any prior 'wetness' problems (uh, he said 'wetness').

It smells good too. I guess I was lucky.
Oh, one interesting thing...the screw cap of the tube was really loose...I wondering they are checking the cigar before they are sending them?

Got my Grand Master today. No signs of any problems at all. It looks flawless and no signs of being too wet or mold at all.

Also. . .

chewbacco said:
Oh, one interesting thing...the screw cap of the tube was really loose...I wondering they are checking the cigar before they are sending them?
[snapback]273660[/snapback]​

Mine almost fell off by itself when I turned it. It was VERY loose. Maybe they're checking them now. :shrug:

I received a letter from Davidoff's President Peter Baenninger in response to an e-mail I sent them. Although the cigar I received from them was fine they sent another anyway. If anyone else received a questionable cigar, you may want to contact them also.

He states: "It is apparent from your e-mail that we did not make a good first impression with our Zino Platinum Scepter offer. First, let me thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

While there is no way to excuse the fact that you have received a defective cigar, we can, however, let you know what we discovered after we investigated your complaint. Since we are dealing with a natural product, differences in temperature between packing, shipping and storage can result in moisture condensation on the cigar that may result in a harmless residual of white spots (bloom) on the cigar. This can be wiped off with no mal effects on the cigar.

We apologize for the inconvenience and are sending you a replacement. Thank you and visit us again on our website soon."

I really don't know as the cigars they sent me were fine. I just posted this because I know some folks were disappointed with the quality of the product. It seems that they are responsive to comments, so if you didn't get what you were expecting, you should contact them.

Got mine last week....looks flawless.

I'll give it another week or so in the humi....then, the real test.... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Mine came yesterday and it looks great. Not a bad deal for 2 bucks.

Got a Chubby about 2 weeks ago, tube was so dented I had to use snips to cut it out.