• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Friday the 13th cigar review

CigSid

Love this place...
I did this review several weeks ago.

Vegas Cubana by Don Pepin Garcia:

51E39B0A-3743-4835-84CA-BCD11044575B.jpeg

Just as I realized it was Friday the 13th, I also realized that my dry box was empty…

I remember throwing away Ben’s @modo22 cigar (in the last split) in the garage trash can… I also remember not taking it out yet… so I go to the garage, look in the trash can and there they are…

Initial aroma: mint, calamine lotion…

Draw is a bit too loose, but I think it might tighten up as we go.

Dry pull slight hint of embalming fluid

1st few puffs… not nearly as bad as the initial dry pull. I get a very light flavor of not leather… but the plastic cover someone might put on a leather couch…

68E29FDB-3396-4C0F-AF49-0E26B56BFDB4.jpeg

1st third… settling in now… fresh bread on the front cedar on the back end. Slight pepper (black?)

Pairing this today with Sunright Milk tea, one of my favorites.

E05EFCFE-8B83-4851-BE6A-A43479EA9016.jpeg

Just ending the 1st third, and I blow out a thick white cloud, and I get a nice sweet flavor… like fruity, but not the usual sour fruit taste from any non-Cuban, on my tongue. The retro is still smooth, with a slight black pepper tingle.

CE2D0B9B-E8A6-49FC-8ED8-501DD3B4411E.jpeg

2nd 3rd, the sweetness has subsided , and now I’m getting a sour taste, just like green apples would taste… but it’s mild, and not unpleasant.

1/2 way, and I’m gettin more pepper, black on the tongue, cayenne on the retro.

61023DC5-3847-4FEF-8195-13DC0C4FEE43.jpeg

The draw has firmed up, and it couldn’t be any better at this point.

When I started this review, I was thinking I would be tasting some pretty repulsive flavors, and this would be great to share 😊 well, I can admit that I was wro… well, maybe I can’t 😂

I clip and purge for the last third.

Smoke is still very thick, a bit creamy, and black and white pepper mixed on the retro.

At this time, I notice a bit of sweet hay, and now just black pepper on the retro.

And, yes… I can’t believe it, but I smoked it down to this:

11473B0A-3F8D-437D-A7FF-2437678B8EDE.jpeg

• I was kidding about the trash can
  • Total time 1 hour and 40 minutes
  • I was not kidding about the formaldehyde
  • There were several relights, but the burn was spot on.
  • If I had to give it a score, it would be an 80 (I admit I have had worse Cubans.)

Wonderful review, really enjoyed this.

Question... When you say clip and purge do you mean cutting a bit from the head then blowing through to clean up the taste?

That’s amazing Bill!! Glad the trash man didn’t take them before you got desperate ;)

Glad you “enjoyed” it. I’m impressed. And I appreciate the review, nice to see your notes!!