• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Friends Pass

guys, I'm still a little confused at how this works. So diesel, you're starting the pass by putting in all the cigars listed correct???

So as the pass works its way around, you can take 2, both of the same brand, but you have to replace it with a different cigar of the same value etc??

I see you have on the list the gurkha grand toro, I have a bunch of those. But if you already have those on the list, does that mean I can't add those???

set me straight, wise ones.

First Read this rules

Then read this info

Don't forget this More info

Then This Great read for all newbies

Hillbilly Steaks said:
guys, I'm still a little confused at how this works. So diesel, you're starting the pass by putting in all the cigars listed correct???

That is correct. I will send out a box of all the listed cigars to the first person on the list once we have a set list.

Hillbilly Steaks said:
So as the pass works its way around, you can take 2, both of the same brand, but you have to replace it with a different cigar of the same value etc??

I have 22 cigars listed. Each cigar listed is a pair of the same type & size of the cigar listed. If you decide to take # 1 Padron 1926 # 9 Maduro. That's two Padron 1926 # 9 Maduro in one take. Now the rules state that you have to put in two cigars of the same type and size to replace this take of equal value.

Hillbilly Steaks said:
I see you have on the list the gurkha grand toro, I have a bunch of those. But if you already have those on the list, does that mean I can't add those???

One of the reason for a pass is to let others try things that they might not have access to. It is also a way for the host to send out cigars he likes and wants to let others try. Filling a pass up with the same cigars that the host sent out isn't the best thing as when the cigars make it back to the host he wants to try something new too.

DG

Diesel Grinch said:
Hillbilly Steaks said:

One of the reason for a pass is to let others try things that they might not have access to. It is also a way for the host to send out cigars he likes and wants to let others try. Filling a pass up with the same cigars that the host sent out isn't the best thing as when the cigars make it back to the host he wants to try something new too.

DG
[snapback]271619[/snapback]​
One thing to keep in mind Hillbilly, is the contents of the pass will be continuously changing as the pass progresses. It could be that the first person in the pass takes the gurka grand toro, and the 8th person was hoping to try them. Maybe you will be in the middle and get to put the gurkas back in the lineup.

Speaking of which, DG, do you have a maximum P/T in mind?

Thanks,
- C

I was thinking of giving this until the end of the week to see if anyone else wanted in. Then I would make up the order and get it out on Tuesday the 17th. If anyone has any desire to be first or last let me know.

DG

i'm so excited!! i can't wait to do my 1st box pass, the anticipation is killing me!

Here is the Pass Order I was looking at:

Mrepp (WI)
Blue Dragon (ID)
theorangeman (IL)
Castaway & bmd34202 (FL)
Shiba (FL) might be able to get in on the mini herf with Castaway & bmd34202.
sleepyjim (GA)
Jack Straw (SC)
Hillbilly Steaks (NC)
tjm5019 (PA)
tone-ny (NJ)
back to me Diesel Grinch (NJ)

This goes out west to mid-west then down to Florida and it works it way up the east coast. If anyone has issues with the order let me know.

DG

Edit: Added States.

Diesel Grinch said:
Here is the Pass Order I was looking at:

Mrepp
Blue Dragon
theorangeman
Castaway & bmd34202
Shiba might be able to get in on the mini herf with Castaway & bmd34202.
sleepyjim
Jack Straw
Hillbilly Steaks
tjm5019
tone-ny
back to me Diesel Grinch

This goes out west to mid-west then down to Florida and it works it way up the east coast. If anyone has issues with the order let me know.

DG
[snapback]273819[/snapback]​
WO looking at all the addresses, that looks good to me. I will be out of town Feb. 1st - 3rd. But this pass order should have it by me in plenty of time before that (depending on when you start). :thumbs:

- C

Sounds good to me. I'll be here.

-Mark