• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Friends Remembered...

Rod, your mailbox is FULL.

Rod, since you are the chief bee keeper, what about adding the the avatar to the person we are honoring?

Just a thought.

Thanks, take care of your little sweetie pie.

Ed

thefatguy said:
Rod, I have really good picture's of both Louie D and Tom, Hudson Valley. We all had pour pictures up at the local cigar shop and then, due to politics, they were taken down. All of the pics moved to my house and I can get you copies if you'd like. Just let me know. We today those brothers every year and tell stories to remember them by.

I'll check with Dale tomorrow I think we have a few pictures of Tom from his visit as well. All I know is we have lost some really good BOTLs here at CP. 

Rod, I have some pictures of Jon I'll send you. Sadly, most of them include me, which seems selfish, but whenever I was with him we always took pictures together. I'm glad I did, and I need to do that more often with my friends....

What about moving the threads about their passing into a subforum - that way people could read over the memories others have posted and people who maybe missed the thread when it was posted can add their thoughts.

I will gladly accept any and all pictures that you feel are a good way of remembering our friends. Please email them to me at rod@cigarpass.com.

CRQuarto said:
Rod, I have some pictures of Jon I'll send you. Sadly, most of them include me, which seems selfish, but whenever I was with him we always took pictures together. I'm glad I did, and I need to do that more often with my friends....
That's the best way to remember him on here Charles. With the people here who loved and considered him family.

gallery_3856_75_842886.jpg

Yup, that is definitely Jon, haha....that big bastard was a damn goofball, and it never ceased to make me laugh.

Fuck, that hurts. That really hurts. Every time I see a picture of him I can hear his voice saying something stupid and hilarious.

Rod just was looking at the gallery and saw some great photos of Tom and Louie. They are in Jeff's "Shibumi" galleries. Maybe he can link them out.

mmburtch said:
Make it a wall Rod.  No need for 50 "I never actually met..." posts.  Just a silent wall of remembrance.

However, it is nice to be able to read how other people remember our friends. I found out things about Jon I never knew from the remembrance posts from members, and it was good for me to think back on the good he shared with others. ... 

Maybe a Subforum in The Lobby - Non-Cigar Related > S/BOTLs Remembered. ?  And Rod creates the 'topic', then people can post their own pics and remembrances? 

Just throwing around ideas. 

Actually, I really like that idea. You could have the wall as a silent memorial of sorts at the top as a sticky.

Blue Dragon said:
Make it a wall Rod.  No need for 50 "I never actually met..." posts.  Just a silent wall of remembrance.

However, it is nice to be able to read how other people remember our friends. I found out things about Jon I never knew from the remembrance posts from members, and it was good for me to think back on the good he shared with others. ... 

Maybe a Subforum in The Lobby - Non-Cigar Related > S/BOTLs Remembered. ?  And Rod creates the 'topic', then people can post their own pics and remembrances? 

Just throwing around ideas. 

I started working on the page last week.  Their memorial will have a link to their respective thread.  More to come soon.  

Rod said:
I started working on the page last week.  Their memorial will have a link to their respective thread.  More to come soon.  
Thanks Rod. Much appreciated.

Absolutely Rod! What a fantastic idea! This is why CP stands out against the rest....I have some nice pics of John and Brian (infinity) enjoying a smoke together, we can add if you like. I think pictures of our fallen comrades are a nice touch and would be a lovely memorial. 
Thank you Rod!

I have the outline done.  I received some emails from members sending pictures.  If you have any pictures you'd like to submit, please send them to rod@cigarpass.com.

I should have the page up this week.