• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Friends who insist on dipping cigars

A slight dip of the head (no more than a second) in some scotch will make the cigar easier to cut. Use when the cigar looks dry, or has a thin wrapper.

No biggie.

I have a friend who loves to do this with port. He always says you gotta try this, and I smile, nod my head, and keep smoking without dipping. To each his own I guess.

I haven't dipped a cigar, and frankly don't plan to. I prefer to sip my drink and smoke the cigar.

I know a few who do that also. I don't do it but I don't see what the issue is either. As stated in several posts; to each their own. I don't see it any differently than adding mixers to alcohol drinks, cream and sugar to coffee, and so on. I don't do those adulterations either, and neither as well do they bother me. I see no reason to care why and how people pursue their own unobtrusive enjoyment.

I'm planning on having a nice stick tonight with a rusty nail (drink that is;) ) and just can't see how dipping it would help the experience other than possibly leave some tobacco clippings in my glass. Yuck.