• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Frigadors

gawntrail

In the lobby, I posted my 'intro' and mentioned I use a small fridge (a smoked glass fronted Wine Cooler) as my main humidor. I bought it new, washed it out with hot soapy water and let it air out for 2 days (last summer) before putting any smokes in it. I store all of my smokes in their boxes and the bundles I buy I put into old boxes. Now, I don't have any problems keeping the humidity levels nor the temperature, but I'm not sure about something else, and I was hoping I could get comment and maybe some guidance.

I don't have any Spanish cedar in the fridge besides what's in the boxes. Should I put some in there, and if so, how should I do it?

I ask because even though I've been smoking cigars for awhile now, by reading some of your stuff, I've determined I'm still a rank amatuer. Not many of the smokes in any of my humidors make it longer than 2-3 months before getting smoked. I like the idea of aging certain 'good' smokes and want to make sure that if I attempt this, I am properly equipped to do so.

Thanks for the input,

M. Gipson :)

Fast4Dr said:
it's not needed...the boxes are fine
agreed! adding more sp. cedar means you would have to buy it and that would take money away from cigar money. There's enough of it in the boxes to help combat humidity swings! ;)

I put extra cedar from old Cabs in with velcro tape. The more cedar you have, the bigger buffer you have against large swings in RH. Just lightly sand the cedar before putting it in there. This will release more aroma.

Emo

I can see valid points from both mhn & emo....But I'd say if your not having any swing problems in your humidity %, the boxes you store them in are enough.

But you can see that Mike has is priorities with his cigar $$$ :p (TIGHT A$$) :p

LOL!!!!

Just bustin your bag BRO!!! :0

I used some cedar sheets I got from the cigar store (free btw, just ask for them), and I have boxes in there- about 7 or so.... I agree with the others.... The boxes you have in there are fine. No need to add more. :thumbs:

Now, aging is a whole different matter... :0 :p

the guys are right, the boxes should do fine.

what I like to do w. my tupper-door (yeah, needed a little more room besides the other 2 humis) is add some ceder sheets, usu, the ones found inside some boxes, they add a little extra nice smell, but do not really know if it does anything price-wise.

do not worry about not aging your sticks, as they say "all cigars end up in smoke" just set a few aside for latter and enjoy smoking what you have.

I personally have decided to start smoking the ones I said I would save.
b/c they just sit there and cry to be smoked. :D
also, I have paid some good $$ for some of these and if I do not smoke them, why do I have them?
plus, I can start to smoke some I have been wanting to.

If it's around the same size as mine, it should hold about 40 boxes or so...

So......

what's the prob? there's plenty of cedar in there right? :sign: