• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente 858 Rosado

Strayvector

Like what you smoke, smoke what you like
I've never tried the old and was wondering how the new ones compared. Those of you lucky enough to have tried, what are your thoughts?

I'll let you know tomorrow. I will say that the wrapper on these look nearly identical to the natural 858s.

I have a box on the way but I am sick so I won't be able to smoke one for a while..... :angry:

My local B&M just e-mailed me to let me know they have come in today. May hop on over there on Saturday and pick some up. Would be interested to hear anyones thoughts on these if you've tried them. Thanks.

Very nice medic. I've had one of the originals, to celebrate the closing on our first house and it was a great cigar for sure. Hopefully these are close to the original blend, if so I'll be looking for some.

I have smoked the 858 Rosado and really enjoyed the cigar alot. It has the nice sweetness the rosado wrapper brings. The cigar has a nice aroma as well.

Sam,

Never had the old ones but i have had a couple of the new ones. They were much of a red herring for me. The new release are very good IMHO and will probably get even better with serious humi time. I have had wrapper issues on both but I charged that to the swing in temp and my impatience in smoking them too soon.

Happy Holidays,

Joe

How much do these usually go for? Just trying to get a baseline on whether it is CA tax or B&M price gouging.

Sam,

Never had the old ones but i have had a couple of the new ones. They were much of a red herring for me. The new release are very good IMHO and will probably get even better with serious humi time. I have had wrapper issues on both but I charged that to the swing in temp and my impatience in smoking them too soon.

Happy Holidays,

Joe

Thanks Joe. I'll be a little more patient with mine then and let them have some humi time. Merry Christmas, brother.

I picked John up some from Shadow's shop and he had one last night whilst brewing some beer in the garage. He kept saying how nice it was and you'd never really know that it was such a young cigar. I took several draws off of it, and I must say that it did have a very flavorful/mellow taste to it. No bitterness to speak of with a pleasant sweetness.

I picked John up some from Shadow's shop and he had one last night whilst brewing some beer in the garage. He kept saying how nice it was and you'd never really know that it was such a young cigar. I took several draws off of it, and I must say that it did have a very flavorful/mellow taste to it. No bitterness to speak of with a pleasant sweetness.

Give me back my cigar Bitch!!

I back off cigars for a while, and when Ms KB starts Christmas shopping, I pop into the local shop, and what do I find? There's new Fuente stuff out!? I picked up one of the Rosado Sungrown Magnum R's. I believe it was the 54, and it was $8.10! :( I smoked it Sunday while driving back from visiting some family, and I really did enjoy the cigar, but I do believe a year or two would make it REALLY nice. I'm sure my local shop probably has more in. If anyone wants me to make a run, let me know.

Are the Rosado Sungrown Magnum R's the "New 858 Rosado" that you are referring to, or am I off base?

Give me back my cigar Bitch!!

LOL...if I spoke like that to my britishstray, my brass set would not see the outside of her handbag for at least 6 months.

I back off cigars for a while, and when Ms KB starts Christmas shopping, I pop into the local shop, and what do I find? There's new Fuente stuff out!? I picked up one of the Rosado Sungrown Magnum R's. I believe it was the 54, and it was $8.10! :( I smoked it Sunday while driving back from visiting some family, and I really did enjoy the cigar, but I do believe a year or two would make it REALLY nice. I'm sure my local shop probably has more in. If anyone wants me to make a run, let me know.

Are the Rosado Sungrown Magnum R's the "New 858 Rosado" that you are referring to, or am I off base?

Different cigars. They re-released the 858 Rosado in limited quantities, in boxes or 20. Same size as the other Fuente 858s just with the Opus rosado wrapper.

Ah, I see sir. Thanks for the clear up.

I was under the impression the the 858 Rosado SGs(2009) do not have the Opus wrapper. Anyone know for sure?

Joe

I was under the impression the the 858 Rosado SGs(2009) do not have the Opus wrapper. Anyone know for sure?

Joe

I was under the impression that the Oliva family grew the wrapper for these, and not the Fuente's.