• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Anejo Maduro

scthornton

How rare is this cigar? I smoked one tonight, gift from a BOTL here...I must say it was amazing and I can say that after smoking about 30 Opus over the past 3 weeks and a couple ISOMs.

I need to land some more of these...any help?

How rare is this cigar? I smoked one tonight, gift from a BOTL here...I must say it was amazing and I can say that after smoking about 30 Opus over the past 3 weeks and a couple ISOMs.

I need to land some more of these...any help?

Sounds to me like you need to lower your bar a little :blush: :D

Considering the Opus comes out quarterly(although not all sizes) and the Anejo comes out 1 time a year with the exception of the shark which comes out at around Fathers Day, I would say they are more rare than the Opus. I am not sure what the production numbers are for the Anejo you will probably have to wait for a response from Moki on that one.

While we're on the topic of Anejos, I managed to snag the last one at my B&M a few weeks ago, and am wondering how long I should let this puppy sit. It hasn't started to drive me nuts quite yet, as there are several other smokes I have in there that I want to try because I may buy a box of them if I like them enough, but once I get through all those that Anejo will be mighty tempting...

according to moki's site, the maduros are only avail in the promethius x humidors , which isn't as difficult to find, but more of a $$$ kind of thing from what it seems.

If you are talking about the Anejos they are all maduro (I was under the impression they weren't maduro, but corrected). I find most of them just before Christmas. As for age, the longer the better. The original release are unbelieveable. Three or four years makes them one of the best cigars out there. Personally, I like the 48's and 49's young but the bigger gauges need some downtime, IMHO.

If you are talking about the Anejos they are all maduro (I was under the impression they weren't maduro, but corrected). I find most of them just before Christmas. As for age, the longer the better. The original release are unbelieveable. Three or four years makes them one of the best cigars out there. Personally, I like the 48's and 49's young but the bigger gauges need some downtime, IMHO.

First..the origonal release is a diffenent blnd...so apples, meet oranges.

Second. I bought a box of Sharks at x-mas time and they are smoking fine. so, if you have a few, smoke some age some. If you only have a couple, let 'em sit a couple months and burn one.

Patrick

i was under the impression that a lot of people experienced mold issues when trying to age these for awhile. i'd put a fire to any bugger i found.

Back to the original topic...

does anyone know where to get these?

Yeah..............my house :laugh: If you didn't get them when they came out at the holidays I would say you are S O L unless you can find someone selling them on this or another BB. You will be hard pressed to find these at a B&M and I NEVER suggest to anybody that they buy them on e-bay.

These are the only cigars that I have ever had a mold issue with. However, I find storing them at 65% took care of the problem. I have never seen it spread or blossom into more than a few stains under the cedar. And again, aging is a personal opinion. As for where to get them, you may have to wait for the holiday season to avoid gougers. However, some B&M's still have them laying around. I'd post an ISO in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread before you pay the rediculous net retailer prices. You might get lucky.

First..the origonal release is a diffenent blnd...so apples, meet oranges.

Original release Añejos are the same blend... the difference is the age of the wrapper. More info here.