• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente Between the Lines

BigJake6904

Fat Texan
346721037.jpg

It was snowing for the first time in Southern Texas in the last four years. Considering that, and that finals finished this week, I decided it was time for a nice cigar. All of the cigars that I have reviewed thus far have been "dos capas" which is the style of having two different wrappers rolled together as one.

346721030.jpg

Pre-Light: Nutty and Rich. Looks gorgeous, a little bit of cracking and damage on the foot, but not enough to affect the smoking of the cigar. Cigar lit at 7:39pm.

346721033.jpg

First Third: Really surprising, not as mild as I had expected. There is almost a bitter earthiness that stands out. The burn is not that even, and tend to burn faster on one side of the cigar than the other. Otherwise I’m enjoying the cigar…but glad the rarity didn’t make it cost insane amounts.

346721039.jpg

Second Third: The cigar begins to pickup. There seems to be a development from a light earthy tone to a toasted walnut type flavor. The aroma is phenomenal, and may even be better than the taste of the cigar. The burn is starting to even out as the ring gauge gets smaller, and the ash is a beautiful light grey and has yet to fall off.

346721042.jpg

Final Third: The ash finally fell off, and only ashed “naturally” twice throughout the whole smoke. A small crack developed towards the end, but it happened on the lighter wrapper, and since this covered the maduro wrapper below it…the wrappers did not split to the point where smoke came from the hole. Still a mild nuttiness, and complex flavor. Cigar finished at 8:14pm, after 35 min.

346721050.jpg

Conclusion: This was a great cigar, but a little over-hyped based on the rarity factor. I truly did enjoy it, but don't think it was as great as it's made out to be. But for $13, I can def. say I'll buy a few more.

Hope you tore those finals a new a-hole.
Got some BTL's resting in the humi and can't wait to try one out. Your review ain't helping. :laugh:

Great review. I have not tried one of these yet. I might have to smoke the only one I have tomorrow after reading that.

Nice review. I haven't smoked one yet but I was able to pick one up today from a B&M. $14.95 (ouch!) but it's worth it just to try one.

Great review thanks one of these days I will get one of these in my humi rp

lol, well in TX...where last year I was able to wear a tanktop outside on christmas day...just the fact that it even snowed was kind of a big deal.

I've seen snow 4 times in my life now...lol.

lol, well in TX...where last year I was able to wear a tanktop outside on christmas day...just the fact that it even snowed was kind of a big deal.

I've seen snow 4 times in my life now...lol.

I miss Texas. I lived In Las Colinas/Irving area for a few years and it snowed only once and it melted within 4 hours.

I picked up a couple of these at a local B&M last night and wish I could have paid $13. :angry: At that price I could have picked up 3 for what I paid for 2.

I received one of these in the mail yesterday. I plan on smoking it in a couple of weeks when I am in Hawaii with a nice cup of Kona Coffee. YUM!

Great review. Got one sitting in the humi right now. After reading that it's defiantly testing my patience. But I really want it to sit for a year or at least till I have another one to replace it. But man am I jealous. $13 a stick!!!!! :0 I paid $19.95 :angry: Oh well.

Must have been Tobacco World. I saw them next to the WOAM's and just couldn't pull the trigger at $19.95. Also, when you are facing the Fuente display, turn around behind you and look at the bottom shelf.

Sitting there all by themselves is a new box of the Hemingway Classic Maduros. I did pick up a few of them :rolleyes:

Kevin

Great review. Got one sitting in the humi right now. After reading that it's defiantly testing my patience. But I really want it to sit for a year or at least till I have another one to replace it. But man am I jealous. $13 a stick!!!!! :0 I paid $19.95 :angry: Oh well.

Must have been Tobacco World. I saw them next to the WOAM's and just couldn't pull the trigger at $19.95. Also, when you are facing the Fuente display, turn around behind you and look at the bottom shelf.

Sitting there all by themselves is a new box of the Hemingway Classic Maduros. I did pick up a few of them :rolleyes:

Kevin

LOL How did you guess? I know it was a high price tag, but I just had too. I couldn't resist. It's a disease. I did see the Classic maduros. I picked one of them up. I freakin love Fuente maduros.

I'm just finishing up my first BTL. I would definitely agree with the mild nutty flavor, and I also got a lot of the typical WOAM cocoa profile. I'm guessing these 'new' BTLs are wrapped with maduro and Connecticut wrappers (?). I definitely don't taste the typical Cameroon sweet and tangy flavors of the regular Hemingways. Moki's pictures on vitolas.net shows the 'older' BTLs being a couple shades darker. Did they used to wrap them in maduro and Cameroon? That would be an interesting combination.

Great smoke, nonetheless.

I'm just finishing up my first BTL. I would definitely agree with the mild nutty flavor, and I also got a lot of the typical WOAM cocoa profile. I'm guessing these 'new' BTLs are wrapped with maduro and Connecticut wrappers (?). I definitely don't taste the typical Cameroon sweet and tangy flavors of the regular Hemingways. Moki's pictures on vitolas.net shows the 'older' BTLs being a couple shades darker. Did they used to wrap them in maduro and Cameroon? That would be an interesting combination.

Great smoke, nonetheless.

Yep, you're right... CT Shade and CT Broadleaf Maduro -- this is how it has always been... it may be that the picture just looks darker.

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-155