• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuentes Seeing the LE craze

Goalee1

Looks like Fuentes taking advantage of the LE madness. SG hemis and 858s out. IMO should be the same price as the regular wrapper but of course...not! G1

The 858 SGs were the same two years ago and about $20 more last year so we'll see.

But the Sig SGs have been pretty rare up until now. The real question on them is the quality - will it be super premium?

The sig SGs have been unseen up until now. The classic SGs have been seen in rare release since the initial run but very infrequently. The sigs afaik have only been handed out to a small group of people and never sold, up until now

I'm sure the glut of Opus sitting on shelves unsold has forced their hand in order to try and keep the market share.

I believe they are only releasing the Hemingway and 8-5-8 Sun Growns to New York retailers right now. From what I understand, it sounds like they are trying to give the retailers a little bonus before the big tax starts up. Has anyone heard of any in shops not located in New York getting any? Just curious.

Thanks,
Eric

I have only heard of NY retailers having them, now that you mention it. Ironically the first place I looked for a box was on your site =\

I heard a rumor that the Fuentes would be making some available at the trade show this year. Then I heard a rumor that the original rumor was not true. Who knows. I guess I'll find out the truth in a couple weeks.

I see Arnold's Tobacco has them in stock on their website right now. I see full boxes of 858's and Hemingway Classics in stock, maybe you have to call about the Signatures.

I heard a rumor that the Fuentes would be making some available at the trade show this year. Then I heard a rumor that the original rumor was not true. Who knows. I guess I'll find out the truth in a couple weeks.

I see Arnold's Tobacco has them in stock on their website right now. I see full boxes of 858's and Hemingway Classics in stock, maybe you have to call about the Signatures.

I got an email from Arnold's at 11:30CT saying they had Signatures but I can't find them on the site now. Guaranteed they sold out already. I'll probably pick up a box of Classics or 858s.

I know they offered 2 boxes of each to my local if he ordered a hell of a lot of boxes. Of course he is limiting to 2 apiece.

The sig SGs have been unseen up until now. The classic SGs have been seen in rare release since the initial run but very infrequently. The sigs afaik have only been handed out to a small group of people and never sold, up until now
That's right, it was the Classics. OOPS. I just checked the price at Arnold's on the 858 SGs - $225!!!

They were $140 last year.

Im sorry but $225 for a SG 8-5-8?? No thanks. I understand that they are HTF but when does it become gouging?

Im sorry but $225 for a SG 8-5-8?? No thanks. I understand that they are HTF but when does it become gouging?
I wonder who is doing the gauging? Arnold's, Fuente, or an intermediary - or is the blame evenly spread?

The same place has WOAM boxes for $262 so I would say it's just this shop that's gouging. Plus you have to add in NY taxes which have gotten ridiculous (example: Uptown moving to Florida to get away from the crappy taxes).

Why they would limit the boxes to a state that has such horrible taxes is beyond me...

The same place has WOAM boxes for $262 so I would say it's just this shop that's gouging. Plus you have to add in NY taxes which have gotten ridiculous (example: Uptown moving to Florida to get away from the crappy taxes).

Why they would limit the boxes to a state that has such horrible taxes is beyond me...

Except NY taxes would add another 75% to that box. Those are out of state prices which include no NYS taxes.

I have only heard of them being for sale in NY. None of my vendors have any. I would have to agree with Eric, this is probably a little help to the NY vendors since the taxes are so bad there and going to get worse.

Hopefully they'll be available in other areas too.

Man that 75% is unreal. I remember when Chicago went to 23% and I was PO'ed. I just hope that people will continue to support their local shops. I met Jay over at the Matador in Roslyn and just a great place and easy going guys (especially for LI lol). G1

I hope TMoney reads this. Kool-Aid being spewed out all over the place.

Man that 75% is unreal. I remember when Chicago went to 23% and I was PO'ed. I just hope that people will continue to support their local shops. I met Jay over at the Matador in Roslyn and just a great place and easy going guys (especially for LI lol). G1

The taxes are definitely going to hurt a lot of the shops around here. You can't judge all of Long Island from your visit to Sag Harbor Tak! :D