• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Full Flavor low strength

cigar2347

what are some cigars that are high in flavor but low in strength
I have heard the Oliva V is a great one, lots of creamy chocolaty and coffee flavor but little nicotine rush and not strong.

That really depends on your taste.

It also may depend on the cigar (size).

Ex. ...An Opus DC is can be lighter than a Power ranger.

wow on puff.com one guy wrote the ranger is the worst cigar he has ever had, made him sick because of the nicotine

what are some cigars that are high in flavor but low in strength
I have heard the Oliva V is a great one, lots of creamy chocolaty and coffee flavor but little nicotine rush and not strong.

Oliva Vs are not light strength.

Yumm.. Power Rangers. Although some sticks can get pretty powerful, being mindful of your blood sugar, i.e. what you've eaten or drank before your smoke, can help you manage the effect of the nicotine and allow you to enjoy them.

To help answer your original question, you might try calling one of the vendors that support CP and ask what they have in mind. I would recommend an Arturo Fuente Double Chateau or a CAO La Traviata for a cigar on the lighter side.

the Power Ranger is one of my favorite smokes of all time, really strong but flavor is great!

The latest Oliva V's I've had have just been terrible beside that- like smoking a dumpster, favors where not right, definately sick.

Has anyone aged Oliva V's and do they turn into anything specail?

wow on puff.com one guy wrote the ranger is the worst cigar he has ever had, made him sick because of the nicotine
I like 'em. Smoke them with coffee before breakfast. They don't make me sick. Then again, I was banned from Puff, as were most folks with integrity, who care about the cigar community. ;)

Doc

I wouldn't put the "V" in a low strength category. Two of my favorite lighter cigars are the Ashton aged maduro (somewhat pricey) and the Oliva Connecticut Reserve (not so pricey)

The latest Oliva V's I've had have just been terrible beside that- like smoking a dumpster, favors where not right, definately sick.

Yup. I don't smoke Vs until they have 4-5months. The flavors meld positively.

Try smoking an Oliva V against their Connecticut Reserve line, they both have Nicaraguan filler and binder but with different wrappers.

Yes I've had many Olivia V's with some age. Both the Maduro and naturals ate extremely well. I also just had a Melanio, what an awesome smoke! It's a little more medium but the spice is great! Has anyone else had one yet?

I'm a huge noob so take my words with a grain of salt, but my other noob friends and I consider most of the maduro Fuente's to be a good fit for what you're asking. Especially the Work of Art Maduro which we think is definitely a flavor bomb without being a nicotine bomb, in our opinions at least. Otherwise personally I'd say that the popular ISOMs are probably the tastiest and most flavorful mild strength smokes I've ever had in my limited experience. Hope you find something you like!

Let's work on this one ...What flavors are you looking for in a cigar?

LOL I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!

I saw a video the other day and the guy said "oh wow what great flavor smells like manure.!!! I dont know what you guys talk about, i am trying to find out, see what all these tastes are about.
for example I got an Arturo Fuente Curly Head($3) which is a machine made cigar and I enjoyed it more than any other cigar, including a bolivar from Cuba, Brazilia, vegas 5, punch, RP decade and etc. http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/CIGAR-BRANDS/ARTURO-FUENTE/ARTURO-FUENTE-CURLY-HEAD/ARTURO-FUENTE-CURLY-HEAD-DELUXE-NATURAL-LONSDALE/74341/sc/9109/c/9871/pc/9833.uts

I don't know if it was because it was from a cigar store and it had the perfect humidity or because i am learning more.

I'm a huge noob so take my words with a grain of salt, but my other noob friends and I consider most of the maduro Fuente's to be a good fit for what you're asking. Especially the Work of Art Maduro which we think is definitely a flavor bomb without being a nicotine bomb, in our opinions at least. Otherwise personally I'd say that the popular ISOMs are probably the tastiest and most flavorful mild strength smokes I've ever had in my limited experience. Hope you find something you like!

thank you I too am a newb, when did you start appreciating the taste of cigars, after how many.

When i first started, I went thru many brands and blends...you may have to do the same as taste varies.

Try a La Fontana.

The flavor profile also has much to do with what you've eaten or drank. If you have a heavy dinner, like steak and potatoes, cigars smoked after the meal will appear less full or flavorful than normal. On the opposing hand, if you have a salad with a light vinegarette, cigars could be more flavorful or heavily flavored. So take that into consideration when choosing your smokes.

I find something like a Buena Vista to be a very flavorful cigar without the normal nicotine punch I would expect. Padrons don't have much strength for me personally, some are mild/medium some are more full bodied. But I personally find most cigars with big flavors, pack a punch. You normally find a reduction in power, with age, but unless you can find the cigars you want aged, you'll have to do it yourself.

Try a Padron of any size, see if it's flavorful enough for you without too much kick for you. If it's not, you'll have to more than likely move up to something pricier and probably something with age.

Which makes me ask, what cigars do you recommend aging to enhance flavor etc?

Since you enjoyed the Curly Head, which I believe has a Cameroon wrapper, try the Don Carlos Fuente line, or CAO Cameroon. Or if you're feeling like spending money, a God of Fire by Carlito.

Since you enjoyed the Curly Head, which I believe has a Cameroon wrapper, try the Don Carlos Fuente line, or CAO Cameroon. Or if you're feeling like spending money, a God of Fire by Carlito.
To piggyback on this, if you like Cameron wrappers I think La Aurora make awesome camerons!