• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Funny Story

Shiro

I wanted to share a story my wife told me this week. My wife is a Plumber (yes Plumber!) and was doing a remodel in Marin. There were two Carpenters there working, and one of them tells the other that an affluent friend of his jus returned from a South American trip. The traveler gave him what was touted as a high quality,high $ cigar as a gift. (He couldn't remember the brand).The carpenter then told his friend that as he was not much of a cigar smoker he was going to cut the cigar in half, smoke half and save the rest for another occasion! :laugh:

I wanted to share a story my wife told me this week. My wife is a Plumber (yes Plumber!) and was doing a remodel in Marin. There were two Carpenters there working, and one of them tells the other that an affluent friend of his jus returned from a South American trip. The traveler gave him what was touted as a high quality,high $ cigar as a gift. (He couldn't remember the brand).The carpenter then told his friend that as he was not much of a cigar smoker he was going to cut the cigar in half, smoke half and save the rest for another occasion! :laugh:

Oh yea! Love cutting my premiums in half! JK. On a similar note in another forum some guy went through a whole book of text trying to convince everyone of the benefits of cutting cigars in half. He said you get two of the exact same experiences and tastes just slightly shorter smokes........needless to say he left the forum and hasn't been back.

I see people do that all the time and it drives me crazy and I try so hard not to say anything that comes of as being rude. Maybe I should be rude and they will get the picture! Brilliant!

Hmmm......not a bad idea....I could double my inventory.....I'll need another Vinotemp....wait a minute...no I won't ....double the sticks, same space!

I see people do that all the time and it drives me crazy and I try so hard not to say anything that comes of as being rude. Maybe I should be rude and they will get the picture! Brilliant!

We all do things that others probably find curious, and I know if someone told me my way was wrong I'd tell them to kiss my @ss. It's their money, and their cigars....let them enjoy it any way they want. It is okay to laugh at them behind their backs though.

Half? Pffft. Simpletons. I cut my cigars in thirds and put a righteous burn on The Man.

I split mine lengthwise with a razor blade, take out half the filler, re-roll with a bit of pectin for glue and use the loose stuff for pipe tobacco and smoke the cigar as usual.

I make my own GD Padron lanceros. :p

I split mine lengthwise with a razor blade, take out half the filler, re-roll with a bit of pectin for glue and use the loose stuff for pipe tobacco and smoke the cigar as usual.

I make my own GD Padron lanceros. :p
I split mine lengthwise with a razor blade, remove all the filler, the replace it with different plant material,..... um wait a minute wrong forum, please disregard this post. :whistling:

Theres a guy who comes in almost daily to my local B&M and gets one of the Rocky Edge and cuts it half starts it up and walks out. Believe someone asked him once why he does it he says he cant afford 2 and he will want more later. So guess to each there own... I think all the little tobacco falling off in my mouth with drive me crazy

Wouldn't one half unwrap and fall to bits?

Not if you roll it in your mouth like a lollipop.

laugh.gif

I'm with Bsneed on this one...who are we to decide how someone should enjoy their cigar(s). To each there own...it's their cigar and they are the one smoking it. Allow them to enjoy it as they see fit.

I'm with Bsneed on this one...who are we to decide how someone should enjoy their cigar(s). To each there own...it's their cigar and they are the one smoking it. Allow them to enjoy it as they see fit.

Yes, true...

But still... (is how i feel)

You can cut a cigar in half? o_O? I thought there was some kind of mental barrier that prevented real cigar smokers from doing such a thing.