• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FYI

alpi57

For those of you interested, R. Taboada is returning, or maybe already there, to LCDH TJ for a month.
Enjoy.

Wish him well! :whistling:

Oh, damn....and I bought a house last night. No more Taboada purchases for me this year.

Oh, damn....and I bought a house last night. No more Taboada purchases for me this year.
:laugh:

Wouldn't you return if you were making $20 a cigar :) I'm damn sure his tobacco and share to the shop does not add up to more than $15 to $20 ;)

BTW, where did you get ths information, I haven't received an email from them and I get all their promotional emails.

Brian

:laugh:

Wouldn't you return if you were making $20 a cigar :) I'm damn sure his tobacco and share to the shop does not add up to more than $15 to $20 ;)

BTW, where did you get ths information, I haven't received an email from them and I get all their promotional emails.

Brian

Spoke to his son who lives in LA.

I wonder what kind of tabbacco he is rolling.

I wish these cigars were less expensive. I mean if they were in the 8 - 12 dollar range I would be buying bundles :(

I wish these cigars were less expensive. I mean if they were in the 8 - 12 dollar range I would be buying bundles :(

Head to the island and find a contact... LOL!

I agree with you. I think the prices there are outrageous. They make a killing on selling these. I haven't been too impressed with their tobacco lately either. Their first year stuff was outstanding but it kept going down the last two or three rolling events.Taboada can only do so much with what his got.
As for whether he is making money on these or not, he probably gets a better cut than usual. But can you imagine working for 45 years making $8-12 a month. It has been only lately since he is making a decent living from his art and if you ask me, he deserves it. More power to him.

I agree with you. I think the prices there are outrageous. They make a killing on selling these. I haven't been too impressed with their tobacco lately either. Their first year stuff was outstanding but it kept going down the last two or three rolling events.Taboada can only do so much with what his got.
As for whether he is making money on these or not, he probably gets a better cut than usual. But can you imagine working for 45 years making $8-12 a month. It has been only lately since he is making a decent living from his art and if you ask me, he deserves it. More power to him.
I'm sure these will age well, rather, I think they will age well. ???

Here's the problem - if, as you say, you are not impressed with the tobacco lately then the cigars are not worth $35 to $40. He deserves to earn decent bucks, no arguement here. However, he has to produce the value for us, the consumer, or he will not sell any cigars.

Brian

Here's the problem - if, as you say, you are not impressed with the tobacco lately then the cigars are not worth $35 to $40. He deserves to earn decent bucks, no arguement here. However, he has to produce the value for us, the consumer, or he will not sell any cigars.

Brian

Point taken Brian. That is why I never buy anything there. But I think the owner of the shop is the person to talk to not him. Taboada only rolls and is only happy to get his cut. His roll quality is superb and you partly get your moneys' worth in that respect but other than that LCDH needs to bring better tobacco and he needs to be told that you expect more for these prices. I don't mind paying as long as I know I am getting something special.

Brian

Point taken Brian. That is why I never buy anything there. But I think the owner of the shop is the person to talk to not him. Taboada only rolls and is only happy to get his cut. His roll quality is superb and you partly get your moneys' worth in that respect but other than that LCDH needs to bring better tobacco and he needs to be told that you expect more for these prices. I don't mind paying as long as I know I am getting something special.

That sheds a new light! I was under the impression that Taboada selects the tobacco, you say not. Taboada has his reputation at stake and must control the quality of tobacco he is getting. He needs to be told by several sources, if this is possible.

Brian

Brian

Agreed. I always ask how David gets the tobacco out let alone get high quality stuff, and most of the time Taboda denies any knowledge as where and how he got it at least that's what he tells me.
All I can tell you, there is a world of differnece between the cigars from Isom and up in TJ. The prices too.

Agreed. I always ask how David gets the tobacco out let alone get high quality stuff, and most of the time Taboda denies any knowledge as where and how he got it at least that's what he tells me.
All I can tell you, there is a world of differnece between the cigars from Isom and up in TJ. The prices too.

Maybe someone can hook us up with a private group buy :whistling:

:sign:

:cool:

I'm in!

I'm in!

x2 :thumbs:

While I can't attest to the taste of this year’s batch. I wasn't able to sample any of the ones I got in July before they went in their funk. I can say that the 2005 batch was outstanding and I look forward to trying this year's during the middle of 2007.

Did someone say group buy? Maybe VitaSea can hook us up!