• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FYI

For those of you interested, R. Taboada is returning, or maybe already there, to LCDH TJ for a month.
Enjoy.
Looks like it is for two weeks starting today.

No info on what type of tobacco he has access to right now though.

I just spoke to them, the tobacco he is using is called Maravillas.
Anyone know anything about this tobacco - Atuck???

Brian

-------- that might help

I'm reluctant to edit this post due to the fact that I simply found the information by googling "Maravillas cigars".

However - I (again today) defer the group as a whole.

I already PM'd Gary. Drew, you might want to edit your quote in anticipation of Gary scrubbing his post.

Wilkey

What the...

I step away from the table and the ninja attacked ???

Brian

New info has emerged. Talking to some friends that have been down there say that they have been unhappy with the tobacco and even more so with the prices. Even more interesting Taboada rejected some of the tobacco wanting to protect his rep. according to these guys and I guess David is now scrambling to come up with better tobacco.
Those were my impressions from the last visit that the quality is declining and taboada is stuck with what he's got.

I think many more people are starting to secong guess the prices and the quality.

Moises called me last week to tell me about this. I told him if the prices were the same I would not be coming in. So I guess I will not go. I am just glad I bought a bunch in '05 when they were cheaper and BETTER.

New info has emerged. Talking to some friends that have been down there say that they have been unhappy with the tobacco and even more so with the prices. Even more interesting Taboada rejected some of the tobacco wanting to protect his rep. according to these guys and I guess David is now scrambling to come up with better tobacco.
Those were my impressions from the last visit that the quality is declining and taboada is stuck with what he's got.

Isn't that what we've been saying here ;)

:cool: