• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Game of Thrones Thread (Spoilers Included)

That was an amazing action packed episode. For once they at least answered more plot lines than they started new ones...

I loved it. I thought the whole opening sequence with the music was so well done.

Fantastic episode and finale. Yep, lots of story lines that had to get to a good stopping point. But I didn't mind it. I really enjoyed seeing them all get to a good point.

Why was I cheering for Cersie? Seriously, I hated her guts for every season until this one...but when she blew everyone up, I was pumped up. I thought it was fantastic. But I can almost guarantee she's going to be the devil from here on out and I'll hate her guts again. The look on Jamie's face when he saw her sit on the throne, even he was like "awww....shit, bitch gonna fuck shit up".

Great opening scene and amazing closing scene. No huge cliff hangers....which I like, but plenty of anticipation for what is to come.

Well done in all ways in my opinion....oh, and Arya gonna kick some ass.

Just caught up last night, so late to the weekly recap party.

I completely agree that it was a great episode to set up the new season - now the major players/sides have been reduced to four. I was half expecting to have the final shot of the episode show the wall getting blown apart, but that would make a good episode one event. And damn, did the episode knock off a whole ton of major characters and sub-plot lines. I'm not sure we won't see the red witch again. I am also making a prediction that Samwell discovers a book in which the key to killing the "bad guy" (be it undead or a dragon) is discovered that saves Jon Snow at the end.

I've got plenty to tied me over. The new murder mystery series that HBO has brewing looks interesting. And Fear and WD are just around the corner. EC and Rio will keep me plenty busy too.

image.png An interesting info-graphic to help keep track of who screwed who.

Just read this morning that the show runners will only make about 13 more episodes to wrap up the whole thing. These are to be split over two more seasons. And the show may not air until later in the spring due to needing dark and gloomier weather for filming. Normally they would be filming already. For all of the winter is coming stuff, they need to wait until the fall to film in Ireland and elsewhere.

Just read this morning that the show runners will only make about 13 more episodes to wrap up the whole thing. These are to be split over two more seasons. And the show may not air until later in the spring due to needing dark and gloomier weather for filming. Normally they would be filming already. For all of the winter is coming stuff, they need to wait until the fall to film in Ireland and elsewhere.

It's always winter in Antarctica.....get filming!

I read something very similar. They knew from the start that they had maybe 83 hours of material (or was it 73) so they knew the end would likely be two shorter seasons. It's going to be madness no matter what. I felt they rushed a bit to get to where they are now, but I guess I'd rather have it feel like it was going quickly than feel like it was moving too slowly.

It's going to be interesting to see how it all comes out. I'm struggling to understand how all my questions could be answered by a meager 13 more episodes, but hey, it's been so amazing up to this point, gotta trust the rest will close strong.

Nice nod to Titus Andronicus with the sons baked into a pie.

Really interesting connection. Funny enough, there was a part in the books where a cook chopped up people and baked them into pies at one of the other castles at the wall. I wonder if the show writers were also referencing that too.

Bringing me to another thing... After seeing all the madness of Hodor, I'm making an interesting connection in my mind. So Bran was named after Bran the Builder, who is said to have built the wall of ice that keeps the white walkers out. What if Bran the builder from ancient times IS the very same Bran Stark? What if the wall breaking by the Night King happens at just this perfect moment when Westeros is finally able (perhaps by Dany's dragons) to defend itself and not get totally slaughtered. And what if that moment was achieved by building the wall at an exact moment in the past, and Bran is the one who goes looking at the past and uses some magic to build it?

Can't get over that Hodor scene. So good.

So, what if Bran wargs into a chick as he does her so he can feel what she feels and she feels what he feels and all at the same time....????

Oh wait that was 1995's movie Strange Days.

So, what if Bran wargs into a chick as he does her so he can feel what she feels and she feels what he feels and all at the same time....????

Oh wait that was 1995's movie Strange Days.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little... Send me your addy Scap and I'll send you some of my post-digestion lunch. ;)

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little... Send me your addy Scap and I'll send you some of my post-digestion lunch. ;)

Just because you weren't riding a bike yet doesn't mean Strange Days wasn't a damn good flick back in the day.

Just because you weren't riding a bike yet doesn't mean Strange Days wasn't a damn good flick back in the day.

I'll throw a special cigar in the vomit to sweeten the deal. A grape white owl. ;)