• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Game of Thrones Thread (Spoilers Included)

On a purely visual and visceral level this stands as one of the best episodes. The battle scene was amazing and the amount of time and effort was something special.

On an intellectual level, WTF?

So much is wrong.

I'll skip the Deus ex Danny being in full control of dragons and keep it to the battle of Winterfell.

You have a franking giant... Maybe the last one... How bout he up roots a tree for a club or you make him a war scythe? Seriously, if you are facing odds that dire, you may want to seize ever advantage you get.

Ned should have taught his kids to zig-zag and Jon forgot the whole "kill the boy and be man" thing from seasons past.

Sansa either let a bunch of people die for no reason or set a trap with Jon and the rest of the north for bait. If it's the latter, and done right, I'll be okay with it.

The Bolton's apparently have the strongest grasp on military infantry tactics in all of Westeroso. How they aren't running shit is beyond me. Then again if Wun Wun, the Giant, had a club then the encircling maneuver wouldn't have been so deadly.

Ramsey kills a Giant that is mostly dead, instead of putting an arrow in Jon???

I really did enjoy the episode but really struggle with some of the writing. I liked the fact that the Bolton's had flayed men out as range markers for the archers. I liked the tactics behind the envelopement, it just the amount of reality we are forced to ignore to get us there is hard for me to over come.

Whole lot of foreshadowing going on in regards to Kings Landing... Look up Danny's vision in the "House of the Dying/Undead"

Once one starts down the path of finding plot holes, you can pretty much find them in every show or movie. So it comes down to having to accept some suspension of belief on occasion. Sometime drama supplants logic or else movies would be really boring. This show isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn entertaining.

Once one starts down the path of finding plot holes, you can pretty much find them in every show or movie. So it comes down to having to accept some suspension of belief on occasion. Sometime drama supplants logic or else movies would be really boring. This show isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn entertaining.

I'm an avid reader of the ASoIaF series and really enjoy the small details in the book. The show will never live up to that, at least for me. However you are correct in that this episode was very entertaining

Last edited:
Did I space out, or did they not show Genghis Khan's horde engaging the immortals from 300?

Lol, I brought up the immortals in my weekly recap, I was thinking the same thing.

I'll miss Ramsay....Jon Snow makes Kylo Ren look like Jack Burton.

Lol, I brought up the immortals in my weekly recap, I was thinking the same thing.

Yeah, not feeling like man bun is living up to it at the moment.

Jack Burton: Not so fast, gentlemen! We got enough people droppin' like flies around here, and where's that getting us, huh? Nowhere... fast. You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

Thunder: Who?

Jack Burton: Not so fast, gentlemen! We got enough people droppin' like flies around here, and where's that getting us, huh? Nowhere... fast. You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

Thunder: Who?

Ha!

Frigging Comcast and HBO go doesn't work in foreign countries without a us Ip. I'm not paying for one, so it looks like I'll have to watch the last two episodes at home! Looking forward to reading everyone's reactions after I do!!!

Looks like we will see more of the Frost Giants next season.

Felt rushed at the end to get to this point, but it was exciting!

Was just so many story lines needing a solid stopping point.

I do wish this didnt have such a telenovela feel to it. Twenty five codependent story lines, but you only see 30 seconds of each story. Luckily, we aren't burdened with commercials on this one.

Things in the north would go much smoother if the white walkers were on Arya's list.

The Targarians have a long history of marriage within the family. I see a Jon/Dani in the future.

I just started watching the whole series again. So many things from S1 E1 and E2 make so much more sense now!