• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gator Fans - Fear the Nut!

I just wish Ohio State could point to a single issue that lost the game for them. Poor play by Troy Smith. Poor play by the O-line. Defense not getting a good rush on Leak. Secondary not covering well. D not stopping the run. One absolutely stupid penalty after another. The special teams not showing up. Problem is, it was every one of these things that lost the game for Ohio State, and at the same time, Florida dominated everything on the field.

That, and the fact they were outcoached as well! I thought Tressel showed a complete lack of respect for the Gators going for it on 4th down late in the 2nd quarter. Glad to see David beat Goliath....

Line is 7 1/2.....

Cookie.... LostTexan, I'll be out of town all week but if either or both of you are willing to give the 7 1/2 PM me prior to kickoff and we're on.

FYI, I believe Ohio is the best team in the country hands down. I even suspect this could be a fairly onesided game. Florida will have to get pressure on Smith if they're to stay close.... or heaven forbid... win. ;) :laugh:

I sent you a PM - You get 7 1/2 points, you will need them - my prediction -Ohio St. 31 - Fla 14

Well - shows you what I know - NOTHING - FLA just totally dominated the game. Your sticks will be in the mail tomorrow.

I just wish Ohio State could point to a single issue that lost the game for them. Poor play by Troy Smith. Poor play by the O-line. Defense not getting a good rush on Leak. Secondary not covering well. D not stopping the run. One absolutely stupid penalty after another. The special teams not showing up. Problem is, it was every one of these things that lost the game for Ohio State, and at the same time, Florida dominated everything on the field.

That, and the fact they were outcoached as well! I thought Tressel showed a complete lack of respect for the Gators going for it on 4th down late in the 2nd quarter. Glad to see David beat Goliath....

And here come the usual trash-talkers AFTER their team wins...

ALostTexan

ALostTexan

Trash talking? Hardly! Just stating the facts....

Exactly. Never heard from you before the game, but after Florida won, of course everyone is going to hear from you....

ALostTexan

Exactly. Never heard from you before the game, but after Florida won, of course everyone is going to hear from you....

ALostTexan

So by your reasoning, if I haven't logged on here before a game, I am not allowed to make any type of comments after the game? Congrats on having the stupiest post of the year so far! Please keep it up, I'm sure you can top your last idiotic comment....

If the Buckeyes had won, there would be plenty of bandwagon-types on here talking about how crappy Florida was last night, and it would be equally as annoying.

Glad to see you are here now to 'support' your team...

ALostTexan

ALostTexan

ALostyourMind- Please show me where I was "talking trash" as you stated. All I added to your comment was that they were outcoached. And you translate that into trash talking? Now, I'm part of a "support" team! Thank you for providing me with the laughter I needed on a slow day. PLEASE, keep it going!! :laugh:

So by your reasoning, if I haven't logged on here before a game, I am not allowed to make any type of comments after the game? Congrats on having the stupiest post of the year so far! Please keep it up, I'm sure you can top your last idiotic comment....

Not lookin' too smart yourself there Ringo, and the forum even has a spell check now. Slow down and take a breath, make sure your porch is clean before calling people stupid or idiotic..........cause at least he can spell.

Not lookin' too smart yourself there Ringo, and the forum even has a spell check now. Slow down and take a breath, make sure your porch is clean before calling people stupid or idiotic..........cause at least he can spell.

Ok, got me on that one! :laugh: Kinda shocked CC didn't catch me on that one....But, I just don't see how my comment about them being outcoached implied any type of trash talking....

As much as I hate Florida, I hate Ohio State more. I for one am a happy camper that OSU got their ass spanked. :thumbs:

I am just happy that I don't have to lost any cigars in this deal! LOL I had to put my faith is Florida but I did that with ND, and it cost me...fine by me since I don't and won't bet on LSU, but go GATORS :)

Melly

I am just happy that I don't have to lost any cigars in this deal! LOL I had to put my faith is Florida but I did that with ND, and it cost me...fine by me since I don't and won't bet on LSU, but go GATORS :)

Melly

Congratulations Melly! Only person with enough faith to place a bet (without whining for points)! Smokes are on the way!! About the only good thing in Glendale, AZ. was the weather!! :(

Great facility for a game, just too bad there wasn't one! :rolleyes:

The BCS does know how to throw a party, and the entire Phoenix area made fans from both teams feel very welcome, but like most cities, it was very hard to find to find a place to enjoy a cigar. Several of the bars and restaurants, while having smoking sections, did not allow cigar or pipe smoking, except on the outside. Before the game, the BCS throws "The World's Largest Tailgate" party in the parking lot, so I was able to enjoy a couple of cigars before the "route"! And after the game, had another with a bunch of extremely happy Gator fans, but must admit, it didn't taste nearly as good as the pre-game smokes!!

As others have so eloquently pointed out, with the exception of Ginn's kick-off return (and then he hurt his foot celibrating :whistling: ), Florida dominated every aspect of the game, on offense, defense, special teams, and coaching, it was a "woodshedding"!

Congratulations Gators on a well deserved National Championship!

For those of you who had to have points in order to bet, I suggest you wager cash with a bookie or an offshore site, but I doubt if they will take a cigars as payment, as points and cash are what guarantee those who make a living on gambling winning in the long term. A friendly wager of a few cigars, in my opinion, is about the passion one feels for his/her favorite team, and, despite the odds, for or against, knows that their team is going to win, and is willing to risk a few smokes with someone who is equally as passionate about their team. Although I must admit, I'm glad that Melly was the only person on this board with enough "stones" to take the Gators, as it could have been an even more expensive trip to Glendale!

Congratulations, again, Melly and enjoy your smokes!!

Go Bucks!!

Melly

Congratulations Melly! Only person with enough faith to place a bet (without whining for points)! Smokes are on the way!! About the only good thing in Glendale, AZ. was the weather!! :(

Great facility for a game, just too bad there wasn't one! :rolleyes:

The BCS does know how to throw a party, and the entire Phoenix area made fans from both teams feel very welcome, but like most cities, it was very hard to find to find a place to enjoy a cigar. Several of the bars and restaurants, while having smoking sections, did not allow cigar or pipe smoking, except on the outside. Before the game, the BCS throws "The World's Largest Tailgate" party in the parking lot, so I was able to enjoy a couple of cigars before the "route"! And after the game, had another with a bunch of extremely happy Gator fans, but must admit, it didn't taste nearly as good as the pre-game smokes!!

As others have so eloquently pointed out, with the exception of Ginn's kick-off return (and then he hurt his foot celibrating :whistling: ), Florida dominated every aspect of the game, on offense, defense, special teams, and coaching, it was a "woodshedding"!

Congratulations Gators on a well deserved National Championship!

For those of you who had to have points in order to bet, I suggest you wager cash with a bookie or an offshore site, but I doubt if they will take a cigars as payment, as points and cash are what guarantee those who make a living on gambling winning in the long term. A friendly wager of a few cigars, in my opinion, is about the passion one feels for his/her favorite team, and, despite the odds, for or against, knows that their team is going to win, and is willing to risk a few smokes with someone who is equally as passionate about their team. Although I must admit, I'm glad that Melly was the only person on this board with enough "stones" to take the Gators, as it could have been an even more expensive trip to Glendale!

Congratulations, again, Melly and enjoy your smokes!!

Go Bucks!!

I have to disagree with you on the points thing. The spread is there for a reason, to make the bet more fair.

The spread is there for a reason, to make the bet more fair.

LMAO.....sorry to disagree, but the lines are set in Vegas and are manipulated to insure that the bookies get the maximum return on the monies wagered. There's nothing "fair" about it for the average gambler.

The spread is there for a reason, to make the bet more fair.

LMAO.....sorry to disagree, but the lines are set in Vegas and are manipulated to insure that the bookies get the maximum return on the monies wagered. There's nothing "fair" about it for the average gambler.

It is much more fair if you were betting on FLA and getting 7 1/2 pts than not. We will disagree on this matter. I think all wagers should include the spread.

A "friendly" wager should include whatever the wagerers agree to include. Jack's offer was a straight up bet, you take it or you don't. Here is an interesting article on the subject and recent events.

Interesting article

"If there's one bedrock law of sports gambling, it's that the people taking bets, the bookmakers, always win. Some of this is due to the haplessness of average bettors, or "squares," who never fail to make dumb wagers. The rest is a matter of design. By taking commissions on bets and using oddsmaking tools like point spreads and bet limits, the world's bookies have engineered the system to their favor."

A "friendly" wager should include whatever the wagerers agree to include. Jack's offer was a straight up bet, you take it or you don't. Here is an interesting article on the subject and recent events.

Interesting article

"If there's one bedrock law of sports gambling, it's that the people taking bets, the bookmakers, always win. Some of this is due to the haplessness of average bettors, or "squares," who never fail to make dumb wagers. The rest is a matter of design. By taking commissions on bets and using oddsmaking tools like point spreads and bet limits, the world's bookies have engineered the system to their favor."

Here is my point - Most (if not all) of the people that propose bets with no spread are taking the favorited team. You are correct that he made it quite clear that he was not giving the points. I just don't think that is fair.