• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Geneve Standing Cigar Humidor Review

joebeef

Appearance:

This humidor has a mirror like high lacquer rosewood finish with solid wood legs and is very nice. It has a beveled glass front and top. The glass on the front is useless as the trays block any viewing. This is probobly a plus as it helps keep out any light. The draw located at the bottom of the unit actually is well designed and executed. It holds humidity better than most I have seen. It has a useless lock on the top and none on the draw. There are 2 recessed handles on the side of the box which are done very nicely. The draw has a full sized pull handle which is needed to pull out the heavy draw. The size advertised is not real. They use the outer most dimensions, specifically the table top for the Width and depth and the legs for the height. The box is 20.25” wide by 14” deep and 16.5” high. It is advertised as 22” wide by 15” deep and 33.5” high. The pictures found at the various dealers do not do it justice. The unit ships with the legs off and requires assembly. The humidor is permanently attached to the table and can not be removed.

Function:

There are 2 trays and they can be cumbersome to retrieve cigars from the bottom. This unit will not store boxes very well. You cannot put a cabinet style 3 layer cigar box in without it hitting the trays. I would be nice if you could use only the top tray. But the top tray rests on the bottom tray. You could probably modify the unit to do that I suppose. I remove the cigars from their box and store them loose. I like that I don’t have to bend over to make a cigar selection.

I would categorize it as a 350 cigar humidor not a 500. It will require additional humidification then what they provide. There are more then enough dividers provided (8 in total). The cabinet and draw are lined with ¼” Spanish cedar. It holds humidity better then my other humidors including an end table cabinet I bought from Thompson Cigar a number of years ago.

Summary:

I am posting this to answer some question I had that were not addressed in another review for this humidor at stogiefresh.com. They rate this very high which I found surprising. I thought anyone here looking for a bargain might find this helpful.

Overall this is a nice humidor for storing loose cigars. It has a good appearance and holds humidity very well. The construction is nicely done considering the price. This unit is made in China and can be purchased form Cheaphunidors.com for $199.00 using the “name your own price” feature. The shipping ( UPS ) from Florida to New York was $27.00 which I thought was reasonable. Overall I would recommend this unit to store loose cigars. I think in todays economy this is a very good value. I don’t know about the rest of you but in this economy my cigar budget has shrunk as cigar prices have increased. Keeping this unit my end table cabinet and my 2 table top boxes filled is not as easy as it used to be.

Appearance:

This humidor has a mirror like high lacquer rosewood finish with solid wood legs and is very nice. It has a beveled glass front and top. The glass on the front is useless as the trays block any viewing. This is probobly a plus as it helps keep out any light. The draw located at the bottom of the unit actually is well designed and executed. It holds humidity better than most I have seen. It has a useless lock on the top and none on the draw. There are 2 recessed handles on the side of the box which are done very nicely. The draw has a full sized pull handle which is needed to pull out the heavy draw. The size advertised is not real. They use the outer most dimensions, specifically the table top for the Width and depth and the legs for the height. The box is 20.25” wide by 14” deep and 16.5” high. It is advertised as 22” wide by 15” deep and 33.5” high. The pictures found at the various dealers do not do it justice. The unit ships with the legs off and requires assembly. The humidor is permanently attached to the table and can not be removed.

Function:

There are 2 trays and they can be cumbersome to retrieve cigars from the bottom. This unit will not store boxes very well. You cannot put a cabinet style 3 layer cigar box in without it hitting the trays. I would be nice if you could use only the top tray. But the top tray rests on the bottom tray. You could probably modify the unit to do that I suppose. I remove the cigars from their box and store them loose. I like that I don’t have to bend over to make a cigar selection.

I would categorize it as a 350 cigar humidor not a 500. It will require additional humidification then what they provide. There are more then enough dividers provided (8 in total). The cabinet and draw are lined with ¼” Spanish cedar. It holds humidity better then my other humidors including an end table cabinet I bought from Thompson Cigar a number of years ago.

Summary:

I am posting this to answer some question I had that were not addressed in another review for this humidor at stogiefresh.com. They rate this very high which I found surprising. I thought anyone here looking for a bargain might find this helpful.

Overall this is a nice humidor for storing loose cigars. It has a good appearance and holds humidity very well. The construction is nicely done considering the price. This unit is made in China and can be purchased form Cheaphunidors.com for $199.00 using the “name your own price” feature. The shipping ( UPS ) from Florida to New York was $27.00 which I thought was reasonable. Overall I would recommend this unit to store loose cigars. I think in todays economy this is a very good value. I don’t know about the rest of you but in this economy my cigar budget has shrunk as cigar prices have increased. Keeping this unit my end table cabinet and my 2 table top boxes filled is not as easy as it used to be.
Welcome to CP Joe, very informative FIRST post.... :rolleyes:

Are you employed by or compensated by CheapHumidors.com.....??

No, I am a newly (last March) retired computer programmer and don't work for anybody anymore. I have a lot of time on my hands now. I thought the post would be helpfull. I have read a lot of posts on this site and I know you guys are cautious. I understand that, this review was to be informational only.

No, I am a newly (last March) retired computer programmer and don't work for anybody anymore. I have a lot of time on my hands now. I thought the post would be helpfull. I have read a lot of posts on this site and I know you guys are cautious. I understand that, this review was to be informational only.

This was your first post, which is a little odd.

I don't think it is to odd, I thought it was a good post. It is informative and might help someone decide to buy or not to buy the unit. I think it you look at it from my perpective. I some experience with this humidor and I passed it along. I have no other intentions. This forum is here for a lot of differnt reasons. For some it's about passes, others it is social. For me it's about learning. I like to read about cigars and humidors. I am here to learn and pass along what I know, thats all.

I don't think it is to odd, I thought it was a good post. It is informative and might help someone decide to buy or not to buy the unit. I think it you look at it from my perpective. I some experience with this humidor and I passed it along. I have no other intentions. This forum is here for a lot of differnt reasons. For some it's about passes, others it is social. For me it's about learning. I like to read about cigars and humidors. I am here to learn and pass along what I know, thats all.

Well, thanks for the correction, I'll go back under my desk and finish my nap. It's generally accepted on forums, to at least introduce yourself, before you post.

From one laid off programmer to another, welcome!

Looking forward to your second, third and subsequent posts.

Your 'introductory' post seems fine to me, bwdik.

Chemyst :cool:

Good review :) now I can't wait to read your introductory post telling us a little about yourself.