• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Your Feet Wet Pass #4

Lee, nice job on the math bro!  :thumbs: I just have two questions...

1) The LG Diez at Famous....I see the box price at $269.99....am I looking at the correct cigar?  LINK

2) The Leccia Black XO, I only found it at CI....I can't find it at SI or Serious. Are you using the price of the Leccia Black 660 because it's the same size as the XO on both of those sites?  

Thanks Gary.

1). I goofed. It was actually Serious that had the Diez at $261. Right price, wrong retailer.

2). I, possibly mistakenly, assumed that 'XO' was a name that Leccia was using for the 6x60, as retailers either had the '6x60' or the 'XO'.

Thanks.

Bueller? Bueller? Kinda quiet around here. Just wanted to get the OK to get this package on its way. Can I let fly?

Slick300 said:
Bueller? Bueller? Kinda quiet around here. Just wanted to get the OK to get this package on its way. Can I let fly?
Sorry for not speaking up sooner,but work schedule has been hectic on third shift. Good job on your P/T's and thanks for joining in the fun.....let her fly!

Thanks Brian. No worries, my schedule has been crazy lately too. I just didn't want to be the FNG that holds up the works right out of the gate!

Wow, I can't believe the wait is almost over. :)

Proposed P&T's (sorry for the formatting computer broke doing this on phone)

---

Put:

Herrera Esteli Norteno Toro Especial
CI/Holts/Famous - 10/box
102.99/115/102.99
Average - 10.69

Take:
34 Tatuaje TAA 2012 9.90

---

Put:
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel
Smoke inn/Holts/CI 20/box
157.32/156.95/144.99
Average - 7.65

Take:
2 AF WOAM - 7.49

---

Put:
Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial Toro
SI/Holts/CI 20/box
119.95/125.95/126.99
Average - 6.23

Take:
37 Casa Magna Robusto - $6

---

This is where things get tricky... I'm going after that Viaje Double Edge Sword which shows $17.70 and am looking to put in an AF Opus X Angel's Share RdC but only one of our shops has box prices listed - Famous with a box price of 558.08/32 putting an average of 17.44 which falls into the acceptable range.

Can anyone advise if this is doable considering only one site had this cigar listed?

ncast2523 said:
Proposed P&T's (sorry for the formatting computer broke doing this on phone)

---

Put:

Herrera Esteli Norteno Toro Especial
CI/Holts/Famous - 10/box
102.99/115/102.99
Average - 10.69

Take:
34 Tatuaje TAA 2012 9.90

---

Put:
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel
Smoke inn/Holts/CI 20/box
157.32/156.95/144.99
Average - 7.65

Take:
2 AF WOAM - 7.49

---

Put:
Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial Toro
SI/Holts/CI 20/box
119.95/125.95/126.99
Average - 6.23

Take:
37 Casa Magna Robusto - $6

---

This is where things get tricky... I'm going after that Viaje Double Edge Sword which shows $17.70 and am looking to put in an AF Opus X Angel's Share RdC but only one of our shops has box prices listed - Famous with a box price of 558.08/32 putting an average of 17.44 which falls into the acceptable range.

Can anyone advise if this is doable considering only one site had this cigar listed?
As far as the Angel's Share goes, if you can find another source outside of what we are using that has them, you may. When you start getting into the higher end or "rarer" cigars, then it's acceptable to go outside of the normal sources to be able to get an average price.

We're learnin' here and all to the good.

I would imagine these 'basic pass' rules hold true across other cigar forum passes. So these are valuble life lessons, too! :p

Jonesy said:
As far as the Angel's Share goes, if you can find another source outside of what we are using that has them, you may. When you start getting into the higher end or "rarer" cigars, then it's acceptable to go outside of the normal sources to be able to get an average price.
Thanks for the guidance. Tried that and still couldn't find another site with a box price listed!

I'm not sure what to do?

I'm ready to let this fly tomorrow if I can figure this out.

ncast2523 said:

Thanks for the guidance. Tried that and still couldn't find another site with a box price listed!

I'm not sure what to do?

I'm ready to let this fly tomorrow if I can figure this out.

I saw one other source, Atlantic Cigar, that lists a box of 32 for $697.50 ($21.80/cigar).  This is significantly different than what Famous lists a box of 32 for, and I don't think it would be fair to include that pricing to create an average.  Since there are quite a few Opus X cigars that commonly get listed as single cigar sales, it may be fair to seek 3-5 sources for single sale price points.  I did come across several sites with single prices listed between $17-$18.

Frank

The only other thing is could find is Emersons Cigars had a five pack for 92.50 making each single 19.50.

If I averaged the two prices I have found so far it would be 17.97

I am having a hard time finding this cigar not in a sampler or a coffin for pricing.

ncast2523 said:
The only other thing is could find is Emersons Cigars had a five pack for 92.50 making each single 19.50.

If I averaged the two prices I have found so far it would be 17.97

I am having a hard time finding this cigar not in a sampler or a coffin for pricing.

As is almost always the case when this comes up, we would go with MSRP and for this cigar it's $17.44 a stick. BUT, now there is a rarity & availability factor to consider. I couldn't find them in stock anywhere at MSRP, just at 'Cigars (Price Gougers) Direct' at twice the price....LINK. Neptune listed them for $26.15 but was out of stock...LINK.... as was Emerson's....LINK & Mike's....LINK

Brian is very good at figuring this out as we've dealt with similar situations many times in previous Passes. So if he thinks this is the proper time to discuss this, let the lesson begin.  :thumbs:

Gary is correct. In an instance like this with a "rarer" cigar, you go with MSRP if no other (non gouging) sources are available. I say it's a good trade as are the others so let it fly when you are ready!

Gentlemen, as always, my shitty post office failed to deliver the package and claims that no one was available to sign for it when in fact I was there waiting for it. They did not leave a “notice” but they will do so by tomorrow. I’m unable to pick up the package from the post office until Monday due my work schedule. I will try my best to go during my work hours but I can’t guarantee it as I work about 45 minutes away from the post office and I only get an hour lunch. I will keep you updated.