• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Your Feet Wet Pass #4

Pass arrived in Dallas. Wife has retrieved from porch and will check it out later when I get home.

Glad to hear it arrived safely.

Sorry if I haven't been quick enough on this. The pass seems to be in good shape and am still working on P's and T's. I'm a bit challenged during the middle of my work week but should get some proposed trades up tomorrow and get it rolling to Pugman by end of week. I was going to suggest an in person since we are 30 miles or so apart but am pretty sure I can get it to him quicker by mail at this point. Cheers!

I was thinking about putting a WOAM back into the pass since the original has been taken. Two questions- is it allowed to put back a cigar that was taken in an earlier round? If so, I'm also having problems getting a price for it. Only two of our five allowed vendors have it in a box at the moment. Is it allowed to use the previous price of $7.60? For reference, this price also agrees with what Serious and a holts have the cigar at currently.

Like most of us in the pass, I have only been a part of one other pass so I'm no expert. I believe that it would be okay to put back a cigar that was taken in an earlier round and to go by the same pricing for reference. I think that it might be bad form if you were to do that with all of your P/T.

llwydtp said:
I was thinking about putting a WOAM back into the pass since the original has been taken. Two questions- is it allowed to put back a cigar that was taken in an earlier round? If so, I'm also having problems getting a price for it. Only two of our five allowed vendors have it in a box at the moment. Is it allowed to use the previous price of $7.60? For reference, this price also agrees with what Serious and a holts have the cigar at currently.

Yes on both accounts. That's a popular cigar and would be welcomed. 

OK.  Upon further inspection, I noticed that there already was another WOAM added so I won't add another one.

Here are my proposed trades for consideration:

Put: Don Pepin Blue Fundadores (Lanceros)
CI - $179.99/24=$7.50
Holts - $191.95/24=$8.00
Smoke Inn - $189.95/25=$7.60
Average - $7.70 (+-0.39)

Take: #47 LFD Double Ligero Chisel $7.65

Put: El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Suprema

CI - $87.99/20=$4.40
Holts - $87.95/20 = $4.40
Serious - $83.96/20 = $4.20
Average - $4.33 (+-0.22)

Take: #5 Illusione Rothchildes $4.16

Put: Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Sublime
CI - $144.99/20=$7.25
Holts - $145.95/20=$7.30
Famous - $145.99/20=$7.25
Average - $7.27 (+-0.36)

Take: #39 AF King B $6.96

Put: El Centurion Toro
CI - $144.99/20=$7.25
Holts - $144.95/20=$7.25
Smoke Inn - $152.95/20=$7.65
Average - $7.38 (+-0.37)

Take: #44 Kristoff Maduro Ligero $7.58

llwydtp said:
OK.  Upon further inspection, I noticed that there already was another WOAM added so I won't add another one.

Here are my proposed trades for consideration:

CI - $179.99/24=$7.50
Holts - $191.95/24=$8.00
Average - $7.70 (+-0.39)

Put: El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Suprema

CI - $87.99/20=$4.40
Holts - $87.95/20 = $4.40
Serious - $83.96/20 = $4.20
Average - $4.33 (+-0.22)

Take: #5 Illusione Rothchildes $4.16

Put: Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Sublime
CI - $144.99/20=$7.25
Holts - $145.95/20=$7.30
Famous - $145.99/20=$7.25
Average - $7.27 (+-0.36)

Take: #39 AF King B $6.96

Put: El Centurion Toro
CI - $144.99/20=$7.25
Holts - $144.95/20=$7.25
Smoke Inn - $152.95/20=$7.65
Average - $7.38 (+-0.37)

Take: #44 Kristoff Maduro Ligero $7.58

Looks good price-wise...nice job Tom! 

Now contact the Ed, pack that sucker up, and get it on it's way as soon as you can.

Thanks for playing!  :thumbs:

Gents,  due to my work schedule changing (I work 3rd shift) I won't be able to keep up with the pass as I should over the next few weeks. I now am on night 4 of the next 20 in a row. Because of this change, Gary will be in charge of the pass. It's been running well to this point, you guys are doing a good job in posting and communicating, and I'd like to see that continue. I will be popping in as time allows, but from this point on, Gary's word is law so please give him that courtesy and respect.

As soon as I get back to a normal work schedule, I'll jump back in. Thanks for understanding.

Guys, before I send it along, I wanted to point out a couple of discrepancies I noticed on the handwritten list of cigars.  A few cigars on the handwritten sheet have slightly different prices than what was on the thread online.  The differences are:

• #3 Tatuaje Classic Petite Reserva- sheet has $3.02 vs $4.02 on the thread
  • #11 La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amore Belicoso- $7.44 vs. $7.55
  • #26 My Father #2 Belicoso- $10.17 vs. $9.96
Just wanted to note the differences and offer to correct on the handwritten sheet if everyone agrees so that others down the line don't get confused.  Im not sure how much people are using the handwritten vs. keeping a spreadsheet, etc.

Cheers
Tom

llwydtp said:
Guys, before I send it along, I wanted to point out a couple of discrepancies I noticed on the handwritten list of cigars.  A few cigars on the handwritten sheet have slightly different prices than what was on the thread online.  The differences are:

• #3 Tatuaje Classic Petite Reserva- sheet has $3.02 vs $4.02 on the thread
  • #11 La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amore Belicoso- $7.44 vs. $7.55
  • #26 My Father #2 Belicoso- $10.17 vs. $9.96
Just wanted to note the differences and offer to correct on the handwritten sheet if everyone agrees so that others down the line don't get confused.  Im not sure how much people are using the handwritten vs. keeping a spreadsheet, etc.

Cheers
Tom

Tom, can you please check the prices on them and let me know which is correct?

Thanks.

The list is updated and I had a few questions...

ncast2523 said:
Put:
Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial Toro
SI/Holts/CI 20/box
119.95/125.95/126.99
Average - 6.23

Take:
#37 Casa Magna Robusto - $6

vortex said:
P: Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Robusto

CI 123.99/20=6.20
Holts 133.95/20=6.70
Smoke Inn 119.95/20=6.00

Avg $6.30

T: 37) Casa Magna Robusto $6.00

Guys...who took #37? Nick or Steve? Let me know what happened here or am I missing a post already explaining it? 

=================================================================================================================

Also...

llwydtp said:
CI - $179.99/24=$7.50
Holts - $191.95/24=$8.00
Average - $7.70 (+-0.39)

A quick question Tom....#47 is the Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial Toro......did you mean #46 which is that cigar? Just making sure.  :thumbs: 

Thanks gentlemen! 

I was referring to the LFD Chisel.  The handwritten sheet that is with the pass has it as #47 and the Jamie Garcia Toro is #46.

I went through all of the cigars and found that 46 and 47 are reversed from what is shown on the list on page 1 of the thread.  46 is the Jaime Garcia Toro and 47 is the LFD Chisel.  Another correction on page 1 is that I'm taking 47 and not 44. Lastly, I found that #5 is missing from the pass.  Since it is one of my takes, I'm happy to leave my put and not take anything and then the pass inventory will be correct.

llwydtp said:
I went through all of the cigars and found that 46 and 47 are reversed from what is shown on the list on page 1 of the thread.  46 is the Jaime Garcia Toro and 47 is the LFD Chisel.  Another correction on page 1 is that I'm taking 47 and not 44. Lastly, I found that #5 is missing from the pass.  Since it is one of my takes, I'm happy to leave my put and not take anything and then the pass inventory will be correct.
I can't imagine how I could have missed that. First thing I did was go through the list. Effin Magic, as we befuddled often say.

vortex said:

I can't imagine how I could have missed that. First thing I did was go through the list. Effin Magic, as we befuddled often say.

I'll swap those two cigars around...46 & 47....but not until we correct these few little mistakes.  

But #5 is missing? You took a cigar as a P&T that wasn't there?...is that correct? If so, I'll send you one from my box. Also, You're saying you didn't take #44 Kristoff Maduro Ligero $7.58?? If so, please correct your post of your P&Ts so we have an accurate history. Once that's squared away, I'll swap #46 & #47

But the question still remaines, who has #37?  :laugh: 

Sorry, my post above was inaccurate about not taking 44.  I haven't changed any of my puts and takes.  I'm taking 5 (missing Illusione Rothschilde), 39 (AF King B) and 47 (LFD Chisel).

llwydtp said:
Sorry, my post above was inaccurate about not taking 44.  I haven't changed any of my puts and takes.  I'm taking 5 (missing Illusione Rothschilde), 39 (AF King B) and 47 (LFD Chisel).

Thanks for responding Tom. I'll adjust things accordingly.

I'd still like to know who has #37... ;)