• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gin or Vodka?

Dawn

For those who like martini's which do you prefer? I am a big Vodka fan..but the last few weeks started on Gin martini's I rather like them better..although I like Vodka as a mixer much more.

they say gin is the least pure of the major spirits. hmmm...perhaps thats why I like it????

I'm a traditionalist for most things, so when I'm in the mood for a martini (read: when I'm on a mission to get hammered beyond recognition) I usually go for gin, shaken and dirty.

Gin - absolutely.

Bombay Saphire is preferred. Tanqueray in a pinch.

Dave :D

Agreed...Bombay Sapphire, but it would have to be a helluva pinch to use Tanqueray. Ever try Boodles? Not as good in martinis, but not bad with tonic & lime.

This site has been around for years. You tell it what ingrediants you have, and it will find what you can make with em.

I'm not a big martini drinker nor a spirits drinker but I've had both versions in a martini and I can honestly say that for me it doesn't matter. Both versions were like drinking pure fire... LOL! As for gins... I've tried the Blue Sapphire and the Tanqueray and definitely prefer the Blue Sapphire.

Maybe I just need to drink more spirits and get my tastebuds accustomed to the fire and flavors... LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

Vodka (Ketel One or Grey Goose)...shaken, with a twist...

Anyone ever try a Tobasco Martini? MMMmmmm, talk about firey hot! :)

Either way, only Bombay Blue Sapphire for Gin and Grey Goose for vodka though. Both btw are great with OJ as well - woohoo.

Sam :p

I never fooled with gin much until this summer. I tried some of that Bombay gin, good stuff.

I make a martini once in a while. I prefer vodka, Finlandia or Skyy are my favs! Grey Goose if it's a real special night!

how many martini's can you stomach before your in trouble..The most I've pushed was 4....Bombay Gin of course!

Well, let's just say I almost doubled that! I can hold my booze pretty well and I make my drinks on the strong side.

I don't drink unless I'm on vacation, during the holidays or having guests over for dinner! :D

At my weight Icould never double that! 10 beers was the most of anything I had...except 3 days before my wedding with the bridesmaids!

I'm going to get a bottle of that Bombay, I liked that stuff, especially with tonic!