• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Giving them Away (Contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and :thumbs: to the contest! Congrats to the winners!!!

Wurm said:
Mindflux said:
IgwanaRob said:
Mindflux said:
cletus said:
Disclaimer:
A couple of the intro posts were dated after the contest started, so thats why
those people did not place.

Thxs Again for posting

Everybody did a great job.
[snapback]262790[/snapback]​

What a joke. I joined after the contest started, yet this was a contest for newbies.

This should have been open to anyone under 100 posts or under so many days on the forum.
[snapback]264844[/snapback]​

The phrase "Doesn't Get It" seems to fit all too perfectly here....
[snapback]264968[/snapback]​

If "Doesn't Get It" means "This contest was scripted unfairly to not include people who are just now joining the forums and have two smokes to their name and would love the opportunity to 'win' some" Then yes, you are completely correct.

If by "Doesn't Get It" you're insinuating I just Don't get it.. you'd be wrong. I get it.
[snapback]265001[/snapback]​

I'm not very well loved here... but even I know you don't "get it" Take my advice on something I learned the hard way, Things are done differently here. Your not entitled to anything here, free cigars most of all. So don't piss anyone off and you will find the people here are VERY GENEROUS. Piss them off and well lol you'll be fighting an uphill battle for the rest of your stay.
[snapback]265005[/snapback]​

Who ever said I was entitled to free cigars? I said I wanted the opportunity to win some. Which this contest excluded people who had joined after the contest start date; What would you say if Snickers ran a contest but said if you bought the bar AFTER the contest started you were disqalified?

IMHO The contest rules were written poorly, that's all I'm stating. I didn't say I thought I should have recieved a pile of smokes on my doorstep, meerly the opportunity to them.

Mindflux said:
If "Doesn't Get It" means "This contest was scripted unfairly to not include people who are just now joining the forums and have two smokes to their name and would love the opportunity to 'win' some" Then yes, you are completely correct.

If by "Doesn't Get It" you're insinuating I just Don't get it.. you'd be wrong. I get it.

Hey! Calm the hell down! Anyone with half a friggin' brain understood the fuggin' contest! If you joined after the date the contest was posted, you had the opportunity to tailor your "intro post" to be fabulous and try to win the contest. This was for people who ALREADY posted their intro BEFORE the contest was started!

you obviously don't "get it!" when someone gives out cigars for free, you have NO RIGHT TO BITCH about what they send or don't send!

Sit back, hang out, learn some (post AFTER thinking) and you will find that they brothers here are very generous, OR keep up with the attitude....your choice

Welcome to CP by the way! :)

bchem said:
Mindflux said:

Hey! Calm the hell down! Anyone with half a friggin' brain understood the fuggin' contest! If you joined after the date the contest was posted, you had the opportunity to tailor your "intro post" to be fabulous and try to win the contest. This was for people who ALREADY posted their intro BEFORE the contest was started!

you obviously don't "get it" when someone gives out cigars for free you have NO RIGHT TO BITCH about what they send or don't send!

Sit back, hang out, learn some (post AFTER thinking) and you will find that they brothers here are very generous, OR keep up with the attitude....your choice

[snapback]265013[/snapback]​

Read post above..

Thanks for the welcome

Dude... the BOTL who started the contest is a regular joe just like you and I

HE GAVE AWAY CIGARS HE OWNED!!

Thats means he can make the rules anyway HE WANTS!

And thats all I have to say on the matter.

Mindflux said:
bchem said:
Mindflux said:

you obviously don't "get it" when someone gives out cigars for free you have NO RIGHT TO BITCH about what they send or don't send!

Read post above.. feel free to modify your post after realising your assumptions of me were wrong.
[snapback]265015[/snapback]​

I edited my original post for spelling. I try my best NOT to make assumptions, we all know what happens then! ;) You just didn't understand the point of the contest. End of story.

Wurm said:
Dude... the BOTL who started the contest is a regular joe just like you and I

HE GAVE AWAY CIGARS HE OWNED!!

Thats means he can make the rules anyway HE WANTS!

And thats all I have to say on the matter.
[snapback]265017[/snapback]​

Hey bud, I'm just speakin my mind. That's what discussion forums are for.

bchem said:
Mindflux said:
bchem said:
Mindflux said:

Read post above.. feel free to modify your post after realising your assumptions of me were wrong.
[snapback]265015[/snapback]​

I edited my original post for spelling. I try my best NOT to make assumptions, we all know what happens then! ;) You just didn't understand the point of the contest. End of story.
[snapback]265018[/snapback]​

No, I know the point of the contest. To give away some sticks to someone who is new (but I guess apparently not so new they are disqualified from this contest). I'm on other cigar forums, I see the contests I know how they work I'm just sayin this one's got whack rules ;) Hell even *IF* I did qualify, I realise that I have to compete with (lets use 20) other users for a spot of 1 of 4 winners.

That means I have 1 in 5 odds of winning a spot. It doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to win.

bchem said:
Mindflux said:
Hey bud, I'm just speakin my mind.  That's what discussion forums are for.

Here we go again.... :rolleyes:
[snapback]265025[/snapback]​

lol and this time its not my fault :p

cletus said:
3rd- Roy R Frush

[snapback]262790[/snapback]​

wow, i didnt think i had a chance considering my reticence to fill out my profile completely! thank you to cletus, bbs, cigarsarge, and tdog for their participation :thumbs: . unfortunately(actually im very much looking forward to it), i will be out of the country for the holidays, and wont be around till the new year. since i wont be around to receive it, if it is ok with you all, id like to pass my prize on to the next runner up(or maybe an extra fiver to first place?), however you see fit.

its refreshing to see how a group of folks can offer such a friendly and generous welcome to complete strangers. sadly, you just dont see much of that here in the city. thanks again!

Mindflux said:
What a joke. I joined after the contest started, yet this was a contest for newbies.

This should have been open to anyone under 100 posts or under so many days on the forum.
[snapback]264844[/snapback]​

yikes. its even more amazing to me that anyone would voluntarily sponsor a contest such as this when youve got this type of response to deal with...

Mindflux...You sound like a spoiled little baby. If you don't like the way the rules were written...TOUGH. If you don't like the way the contest ended...TOUGH.

One thing for sure, I would not give you the time of day or any of my cigars. You are just one of the many who think they know beter than establshed members.

One last word for you....STFU before you lose any more credibility.

cigarsarge said:
Mindflux...You sound like a spoiled little baby. If you don't like the way the rules were written...TOUGH. If you don't like the way the contest ended...TOUGH.

One thing for sure, I would not give you the time of day or any of my cigars. You are just one of the many who think they know beter than establshed members.

[snapback]265062[/snapback]​

Talk about losing credibility, flame boy. For what it's worth the contest ended the way the originator intended. Show me where I bitched about how the contest ended? I'm griping about how the rules were written, which is my right.. like it or not.

Don't get all butt-hurt because someone goes against the grains.

:rolleyes:

Mind you I never said I knew better, I said I thought the rules were written poorly. Perhaps you should spend less time assuming things and more time reading the rest of the posts.

Mindflux said:
cigarsarge said:

Talk about losing credibility, flame boy. For what it's worth the contest ended the way the originator intended. Show me where I bitched about how the contest ended? I'm griping about how the rules were written, which is my right.. like it or not.

Mind you I never said I knew better, I said I thought the rules were written poorly. Perhaps you should spend less time assuming things and more time reading the rest of the posts.
[snapback]265082[/snapback]​

Sir...You are a troll, nothing more, nothing less. You obviously think you should have won and got some feeebies. Why else would you care?

Now the personal attack on me...Calling me "Flame Boy". You obivously don't know much about me. You obviously don't know much about being a BOTL. My reputation stands on it's own. Your reputation stands on quicksand.

Take your griping back to the playground. Ride the see-saw and relax. You are well on your way to being finished.

cigarsarge said:
Mindflux said:
cigarsarge said:

[snapback]265082[/snapback]​

Sir...You are a troll, nothing more, nothing less. You obviously think you should have won and got some feeebies. Why else would you care?

Now the personal attack on me...Calling me "Flame Boy". You obivously don't know much about me. You obviously don't know much about being a BOTL. My reputation stands on it's own. Your reputation stands on quicksand.

Take your griping back to the playground. Ride the see-saw and relax. You are well on your way to being finished.
[snapback]265083[/snapback]​

Are you THICK? I don't CARE if I won them or not... did I not post about the odds were 1 in 5 of winning one of the four places? That means I have less than a 25% chance of winning sticks! That's how a CONTEST works, I grasp that CONCEPT. Can you read?

Personal attack? Who started throwing dirty words, it wasn't I! You're sitting here intentionally flaming me for having an opinion that differs from yours. Why dont' you calm down, smoke a stick and call it a day?

I'm not so sure your reputation stands on it's own if you get all butt-hurt when someone disagrees with you. That's fine. As far as my reputation.. that's not why I join forums. I join them to learn about the things I'm interested in, not to make a pile of long distance buddies.

Mindflux said:
*twiddles thumbs in anticipation*
[snapback]264831[/snapback]​

What were you twidleing you thumbs for? Think you had it wrapped up? :whistling:

cigarsarge said:
Mindflux said:
*twiddles thumbs in anticipation*
[snapback]264831[/snapback]​

What were you twidleing you thumbs for? Think you had it wrapped up? :whistling:
[snapback]265096[/snapback]​

Twiddling my thumbs to see who the winners were, which got posted on the first page. Got a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.