• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Giving them Away (Contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cletus

Smokin' Member
I'm really lazy about greeting the newbs lately, so this is my way of saying, wassuupp.
I know that I did not have the best intro ever, but these lately are sad.
So the rules are:

1.Must post a quote of your intro. The best wins a fiver.
2.Date and time of post has to before the date and time of this post.
3.Newbie cannot have more than 100 posts.
4.Newbie's profile must be filled out.
5.End date of 12/15/05 0800PM Central.(Changed to 12/18/05 0800pm central)

The point is for some of you to try a little harder on intros and to fill out your profiles, u would be surprised at the gifts that I have received.

Will holla at a couple more brothers here locally maybe up the prize.
Check It Out!Cigarsarge has thrown in another Fiver for the cause.
BlindedByScience has also thrown in fiver.
Tdog, tossed in a fiver!
:p

1st- Ht73 - nice profile
2nd- MDW - nice profile
3rd- Roy R Frush
4th- Bursty

Each wins a fiver!
Thxs again BlindedbyScience, Cigarsarge, and Tdog for donating a fiver each!

Disclaimer:
A couple of the intro posts were dated after the contest started, so thats why
those people did not place.

Thxs Again for posting

Everybody did a great job.

Heya Cletus,

Man, this is some generosity :)

Before saying anything else, I would totally understand if I was excluded due to my geographic location. No hard feeling for this, I'll just consider this another opportunity to introduce myself and get to be known by the most experienced bros on this forum.

Here is the quote from my intro (1 Dec 2005):
My love of cigars started about 50 years ago, when as a child I started to collect cigars bands and boxes. Both my father and his father (my grandfather smile.gif )were daily smokers. I remember large family gathering where the smoke of cigars was wafting thru the rooms. One of my great-aunt was often remarked upon at those gatherings as she usually could not pass on a cigar, even in her advancing years. Very unusual in those time for a woman to smoke at all, let alone a cigar.

Anyway, my first memories, yet still distincts, were to sniff those wonderful boxes full of rich and exotic aromas as a 7 year old or so.

I didn't start smoking cigars until much later in my life (mid tirties). Interestingly I really smoke Cuban exclusively. Well, I had a few non Cubans, but I don't know much about them and those rare experiences did not thrill me. I probably should give it go again with some decent advice. I also smoke quite a few of the brands that I still remember were smoked by my grandfather. smile.gif Talk about the nostalgia!

This site rocks. I am really glad I found it.

Compliments of the season to all,

MidGe

Well THAT'S pretty impressive! :thumbs:

Looks like the competition is going to be pretty stiff here :D

Good show Cletus! :thumbs: We have had a ton of members lately, I wonder how many are worthy of this prize? Come on guys make yourselves known on this one.

CYG

Cletus - YGPM. Let's make this interesting..... :cool:

Best regards to the new guys - B.B.S.

hudsonvalley said:
Cheekie said:
out numbered by my amount of posts :(
[snapback]262798[/snapback]​
Sweetheart, I think you had 100 posts the first week! :)
[snapback]262818[/snapback]​

AHEM IT WAS THE 1ST DAY!!!
Actually thanks to you guys I stayed out of trouble while the man was underway :)

The members of this board never cease to amaze me. The generosity here is unlike any other board I have seen. I only hope that I can at some point return the same generosity to the fellow brothers. Here is my original post. I dont post too often, as I am more learning at this point as opposed to teaching. Thank you all for your input, and thanks to cletus for the opportunity here.
Cigarny said:
Hello Cigar Pass. Ive been lurking around, taking advantage of your HotDeals forum, and figured I would introduce myself. Ive been smoking Cigars for about 5 years, and have gotten a little more "picky" in the past year. I noticed my choices in cigars changed as my salary increased :p . So far my fav cigar non cuban or otherwise is the Padron 1926 #2 Maduro
[snapback]208321[/snapback]​

I going to make one change, let's run the contest until Sunday night by 800pm central. This gives everyone to get in on it; some noobs might not check it until the weekend.

BBS has up the prize pack! Brothers, you never cease to impress me.

cletus said:
Will holla at a couple more brothers here locally maybe up the prize.

[snapback]262790[/snapback]​

(In my best Churchlady voice): Now who could he be referring to? Could it be............................me. (Churchlady voice off).

Oh yeah I got a fiver ready too Clint.

Oh and boobs, DO NOT create another account to win this. It is against CP rules and Todd doesn't like that. :p

Allrighty Cletus,
I have been into cigars for a relatively short period of time as far as decades goes, no offense to the CP FOG's :D I have been smoking cigars for about 2 years, but have become drawn into the culture and art that is associated with this relaxing and ever vast past time. The first cigar I smoked was with my Business partner James after Landing a new client. I went to Barclay Rex here in NYC and Kindly asked them to point me in the direction of something that won't blow my brains out as this was one of my first cigar encounters. He picked me out an Ashton. He said it was not entirely dissimilar to creamy leather. (I said to myself,... Leather?? what the hell am I doing). Being a recovering Cigarette smoker at the time I thought smoke was smoke. So, I left the "Downtown" B&M (it's on Broad street) and proceeded to hop on the train up to Central Park. Myself and James found ourselves puffing leisurely away on a couple of Ashton Cabinet Belicosos whilst talking about business life and the likes.
From this point forward I was hooked. I was attracted to the calmness that came over me when smoking a cigar. The action seems to slow things down for me. I didn't know it at the time but I had been bitten by the bug :0 This new found Hobbie had coincidentally coincided with my Off season (cycling). I found myself becoming obsessed with all that is the cigar. I bought a 300 count humidor and immediately stuffed it to the gills. I joined CW and posted for about a year, but mostly read what other people had to say. Then after a few short months I realized that I had stuffed my Humidor with stuff that I would never really smoke so I bombed people and proceeded to stuff it with smokes that I would like. Before long I ran out of room and had to get a 100qt. Cooler that I began to fill that and.......ahhhhhhh you get the point. :D After getting into smoking sticks with some age on them and developing a pallet over the last year or so I have started to undertake the challenge of putting together a collection for ageing/smoking/sharing. Let me tell you this is where the fun begins. I'm just starting to plan my inventory and its going to be along term commitment to try and get EVERYTHING that I want.
Hmmm, how did I end up on CP? I was just reading some of the posts here and I noticed that it was "different" than CW. I didn't know how, but I knew it was just different. I am still in the process of meeting people here but everyone seems pretty cool. One thing I will say is that I noticed you don't want to be on the wrong side of the tracks around here :angry: I don't think that will be an issue for me :D
I could blab all night long about Cigars but I would put half of you to sleep I suspect, so I will leave you with a brief description of Jus10 (Justin). I am a 26 year old business owner and cyclist. I am engaged to be married next fall to my beautiful fiance Melissa. I enjoy long walks on the beach and caviar, candle lit dinners and......hahaha :D this is cornie :p

I Look forward to learning/sharing with the CP community

Bye

hahaha I should pay more attention to detail :blush:
Intro Quote
Hey, how is everybody over here. I have been posting over at CW for about a year and caught wind of this board. It seems to be bustling at CPass. I can't wait to get into the mix

Until next time,

Cheers,

JB
Pic, trying to talk with a choix in the mouth
Smoker1.jpg

Thats great Jus!
But I wanted a qoute from ur very first introduction.
I am glad that we now got to know u more.
Thxs again.

P.S. No need to worry about train tracks, I have never had a single problem with anyone on CP, these people have always treated me with the upmost respect from day one (KISS, KISS). Some people just forget what the purpose of this site is. We are glad that you are here.

Here goes nothing... :blush: I think I'll be happy with making it to at least third place after reading the posts on this thread. I agree with Cigarny, folks on this board are extremely helpful and generous. I have also been doing more reading than posting. I guess that's what us newbs do huh? That, and take part in the Newbie Sampler Trade. :D Speaking of which, I am anxiously awaiting cigardawg's generous package which should arrive tromorrow!! :whistling:

HT73 said:
Hi there guys. I live in central CT and the truth is I've been signing on to CP and reading several of the forum posts and reviews and finally decided to make it official and introduce myself. I've been smoking for about a year and a half now and I've found that the more I smoke, read, and talk to fellow aficionados, the more intrigued I get :D I look forward to being part of CP and sharing knowledge and experiences of what it is that we all enjoy.
[snapback]254189[/snapback]​

Nice profile, Nice draw on the newbie sampler, dawg wil take care of you.

Here goes nothing ;) Thanks for letting me enter.

Mindflux said:
Hello from the ultra-newb.

My name is Ryan and I recently began a the very slippery slope. In fact my humidor just arrived today. ACK! :)

I started out on ClubStogie, good bunch of folks there. Looks like there's a good bunch of folks here too.

Anyway, My pallete for smokes still isn't developed.. so I'm just tryin some stuff and finding what I like.

Thanks for listening ;)
[snapback]263053[/snapback]​

My intro seriously sucked so I'm not even going to enter, also the people on these internet cigar boards have been more generous than any stranger has to be to another and it has really touched me and made me smile so just hanging out and seeing how cool everyone is is more than enough.

I will take this opportunity to post a little more about myself though. Alright my name is Nate and I have a problem. Shit wrong site. I'm 25 and I just got married in October to a wonderful woman named Christina who really doesn't like the fact that I smoke cigars but is nice enough to not say a whole lot. I work as a guard/counselor at a state run treatment facility for people convicted of sexual crimes, it sucks and I really don't like the patients but it pays well and hopefully I can help so less people are victims of rape and molestation.

I enjoy golfing, movies, art and my playstation, and of course good cigars. I had my first decent cigar back in 2002 with my uncle to celebrate the birth of his son, it was a Montesino (sp?, up until then I had been one of the gas station gang. I hadn't really smoked any good cigars since then, until about 4 or 5 months ago when I was pulled in by a Thompson's ad in the back of a magazine. Now I've learned that Thompson's is a ripoff, fallen in love with the smell of a humidor and smoked my first ISOM. I am very pleased to have picked up this hobby and hope to enjoy it for years to come.

Now if anyone is laughing at my sappy-ass post they can kiss my butt and anyone else, nice to meet you and I'll be seeing you around. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.